Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 16-12-2015, 11:30 AM
Master
As a Paranormal Investigator who is both skeptical of the paranormal, but I have also had a few unexplained paranormal experiences myself...

After many months (maybe it will take years), what I have thus far concluded is that ghosts are subjectively real and they can neither be proven nor disproved to exist, and hence they are still an 'unexplained mystery' and they will always be unexplained because there will never be an 'explanation' that can overcome cognitive dissonance and societal bias.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...t-let-you-see/

Even if a 'spirit photo' is shown to the populace, those who are more open minded, will be more likely to see something, than those who are more rational and scientific in their approach. I have debunked many 'spirit photos' myself and I have also seen a few 'authentic' ones as well.

In a way, Goswami is right, ghosts will never be objectively proven to everybody while ever sensory inattentive selection exists and when even two people don't see exactly the same colour.

Ghosts (presuming they exist), are comprised of electromagnetic energy which is capable of creating its own 'light source' without reflection, and although I don't understand much of what r6r6r writes a lot of the time, he's spot on with this:

Quote:
We can see some narrow band( 450 nm - 750nm ) of EMRadiation with the naked eye.

We can see near end infra-red with special glasses. We can see other EMRadiation frequencies with other special viewing instruments.

We know little to anything regarding what repulsive dark energy is, rather scientists only see its effects on that which can be observed.

Same goes for virtual particles, we presume their existence based on effects of other particles.

Same goes for attractive gravity, it is not observed.

I can also hear them at a range of 870-940Mhz on the FM band, when most of the commercial stations start at 1000Mhz. ;)

Last edited by Shivani Devi : 16-12-2015 at 12:34 PM.
Old 17-12-2015, 02:53 PM
Knower
I have also had a number of experiences with "ghosts" and have had some mediumship experiences as well.

I have come to the conclusion that since all things in time and space are happening at once, I believe that that these experiences, or most of them, would be a thinning of the veils where we can tune into each other. Therefore, when we see a "ghost" and it appears startled and runs, they are probably seeing us as a ghost. The same as hearing or conversing with them.
Old 17-12-2015, 05:32 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrai
I have come to the conclusion that since all things in time and space are happening at once, I believe that that these experiences, or most of them, would be a thinning of the veils where we can tune into each other. Therefore, when we see a "ghost" and it appears startled and runs, they are probably seeing us as a ghost. The same as hearing or conversing with them.

Lol, I was thinking something like this too. From the ghost's perspective he's the real one minding his own business and then he sees some being show up and scare the junk out of him.

If everything is frequency perhaps they or we aligned to a similar dimensional frequency for a while. Or maybe something happened in the earth around us that forced a frequency change for a while.

People think we only have 5 senses, with that 3rd eye being the 6th. We actually have hundreds of senses. It could be that anything that's supernatural we pick up with a non-sight sense, pineal or otherwise. That could explain why spirits seem to be superimposed or why they only appear to certain people.

I'm tempted to believe that this stuff exists in a duality, like the subatomic particle wave/particle duality. It could be that certain ghosts or other spirits really exist on their own, and at the same time be purely subjective interpretations of energy.

The thing is, spiritual energy doesn't exactly function the same way as plugging into an electrical outlet. It's not just a quantity of power, it's streams that are filled to the brim with information.

And that information seems to be more than just data, it seems that there is consciousness to at least some of it. (And this info/consciousness is forced to meld/interact with what's in our minds when it moves through us. That's us interpreting it.) What that means, idk. But I'm sure that that's one of the things we're going to be figuring out sooner than later.
Old 18-12-2015, 12:00 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrai
A well known author on out of body experiences named William Buhlman said there was a time when he was OBEing he was passing through a woman's apartment and she saw him and responded with shock. He was startled as well because normally the "wakeful" people couldn't see him in his astral form. Once startled himself he awoke in his room, and I suspect the woman just saw him disappear.
Old 18-12-2015, 12:27 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by engellstein
I'm tempted to believe that this stuff exists in a duality, like the subatomic particle wave/particle duality. It could be that certain ghosts or other spirits really exist on their own, and at the same time be purely subjective interpretations of energy.
Exactly. The human form is only relevant within a physical context, outside of that it's unnecessary. Our hands are for picking up physical things, our eyes are for detecting reflected light partials, our ears are for interpreting the air pulses that are generated via vibrations. And all these within a most limited range. 99.99% percent of what surrounds us we can't perceive.

So if we feel we see a ghost we may be using another form of perception that has long atrophied due to lack of use. Sharks hunt with the use of sensing monitors that detect the electrical signals emitted by the heart beat of it's prey (in fact the hammer head sharks have a whole array of such sensors spread along the head of it's unique shape). We may also possess something along these lines that eventually fell out of use do to our growing reliance on sight (it's already known that our sense of smell suffered such a fate even though the genetics for 'incredible' smell-detection are still present in our genes but not activated. I believe they've counted some 36 such deactivated genes so far. Scientists have managed to reactivate the genes for color in a monkey that originally was color blind. Not long ago I was watching a video on the before and after tests of a monkey that was "awakened" to this latent ability).

Those who see ghosts may be detecting the energy signature of a presence and then mentally converting that signature into an image that fits with ones expectation. Such a thing became obvious to me some time ago while interpreting dreams. I eventually learned to ignore the images in favor of focusing on the core energy signature, or the central emotions that were present instead.
Old 18-12-2015, 03:48 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
Exactly. The human form is only relevant within a physical context, outside of that it's unnecessary. Our hands are for picking up physical things, our eyes are for detecting reflected light partials, our ears are for interpreting the air pulses that are generated via vibrations. And all these within a most limited range. 99.99% percent of what surrounds us we can't perceive.

This is a point that I haven't heard many people express. Growing up as a Christian, I never understood why angels and demons were portrayed as humanoid beings when everything to do with a human body is functional for our physical environment, and spirit beings don't live in that environment.

The real kicker is when people portray God as a wizened Man in the Sky with a long beard, clothes, and throne. It's understandable that that would be in a vision to help a person conceive of God's majesty, but it drove me nuts when I heard people saying they actually believed that's how God appeared and that Genesis was saying we look like we do because we are made in God's image, ie, God looks like a human. Ridiculous on so many levels.

But, yeah, that's probably what's going on with all spirit beings that people see: our mind's take their energy and interpret it as a person.
Old 18-12-2015, 03:54 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
A well known author on out of body experiences named William Buhlman said there was a time when he was OBEing he was passing through a woman's apartment and she saw him and responded with shock. He was startled as well because normally the "wakeful" people couldn't see him in his astral form. Once startled himself he awoke in his room, and I suspect the woman just saw him disappear.

I don't doubt experiences like this. I'm sure they are true and it sounds super funny.

The thing about this that makes me scratch my head is how governments seem to be totally stumped about anything anymore when several government agents could be doing this very thing, spying on the "enemy" and keeping him at bay.

Perhaps it is happening on both sides and when that happens it's not as easy as breezing down the astral street when astral enemies are afoot. Inception, anyone?
Old 18-12-2015, 04:44 AM
Master
Quote:
This is a point that I haven't heard many people express. Growing up as a Christian, I never understood why angels and demons were portrayed as humanoid beings when everything to do with a human body is functional for our physical environment, and spirit beings don't live in that environment.

The real kicker is when people portray God as a wizened Man in the Sky with a long beard, clothes, and throne. It's understandable that that would be in a vision to help a person conceive of God's majesty, but it drove me nuts when I heard people saying they actually believed that's how God appeared and that Genesis was saying we look like we do because we are made in God's image, ie, God looks like a human. Ridiculous on so many levels.

But, yeah, that's probably what's going on with all spirit beings that people see: our mind's take their energy and interpret it as a person.
I think when the Bible says 'we are made in God's image' it is talking about a 'spiritual image' in that the Soul of man is no different from the Divine Soul and that humans have the inbuilt nature to identify with God on a personal level.

If God can be 'anything', why can't he be a wizened old man in the sky? (even though it severely limits His capabilities).
Old 18-12-2015, 06:11 AM
Experiencer

Yeah, I see it as the spiritual image thing like you describe.

I see "God" as the Origin of everything. So I see a time when he was the only thing in existence. Given how expansive the universe is, I can't see God as being a small human-like person or anything even remotely similar. I kinda see him as an (perhaps) infinite, nebulous cloud of consciousness that developed himself, so far, into what is currently existence.

Coming from a Christian background, there is a little-known scripture in 1 Kings where Solomon said that "heaven and the heaven of the heavens cannot contain [God]." It's mentioned in 2 Chronicles too. Basically, he was saying that God was larger than all of creation. And that makes sense.

I'm sure the word "large" is different from a spiritual perspective, but whatever the case, I don't see how all of existence can form from something that is tiny. Look at all the energy contained just in the physical universe. Source has to be much more powerful, if not infinitely powerful, in comparison.

I use the title "God" loosely here. I don't see God as a judge or boss anymore as most religions teach, I see him as the Source behind each individual as he seeks to expand himself through us. So he's a positive force/consciousness, not one to be feared. I also don't think he dictates our lives or has expectations for us. He wants us to live as we wish.

And I use the word "he" but I don't think he's a person like we think of a person, but an infinite consciousness. I suppose it would be the same but something tells me there's a difference between us and Source as far as consciousness and beingness goes.
Old 18-12-2015, 07:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Yeah, I see it as the spiritual image thing like you describe.

I see "God" as the Origin of everything. So I see a time when he was the only thing in existence. Given how expansive the universe is, I can't see God as being a small human-like person or anything even remotely similar. I kinda see him as an (perhaps) infinite, nebulous cloud of consciousness that developed himself, so far, into what is currently existence.

Coming from a Christian background, there is a little-known scripture in 1 Kings where Solomon said that "heaven and the heaven of the heavens cannot contain [God]." It's mentioned in 2 Chronicles too. Basically, he was saying that God was larger than all of creation. And that makes sense.

I'm sure the word "large" is different from a spiritual perspective, but whatever the case, I don't see how all of existence can form from something that is tiny. Look at all the energy contained just in the physical universe. Source has to be much more powerful, if not infinitely powerful, in comparison.

I use the title "God" loosely here. I don't see God as a judge or boss anymore as most religions teach, I see him as the Source behind each individual as he seeks to expand himself through us. So he's a positive force/consciousness, not one to be feared. I also don't think he dictates our lives or has expectations for us. He wants us to live as we wish.

And I use the word "he" but I don't think he's a person like we think of a person, but an infinite consciousness. I suppose it would be the same but something tells me there's a difference between us and Source as far as consciousness and beingness goes.
Pretty much. So, the reason why Angels, Demons, Extraterrestrials, Ghosts, God etc assume a 'humanoid form' is so that other humans who don't get this, can relate to them on a level our small minds can understand.