Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 25-01-2021, 03:10 AM
Master
An Atheist is is simply someone who does not hold a belief for a god, until there is proof of a god, other than that they can believe in anything, even unicorns.
Old 25-01-2021, 03:25 AM
Master

Per merriam-webster:
Definition of religion

1a : the state of a religious
a nun in her 20th year of religion

1b(1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural
1b(2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance

2 : a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices

3 archaic : scrupulous conformity : CONSCIENTIOUSNESS

4 : a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith
I would conclude that atheism is a religion.

In any case, one can say that an atheist is a "person of faith", their faith being that there is no God/god.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 25-01-2021, 04:20 AM
Master
Atheism is not a "personal faith", faith belongs to the religious, they cannot prove their god, so they have faith that their god is real. Atheist simply do don't have or lack any belief in a god, other than that they are generally just ordinary people.
Those who believe atheism is a religion perhaps are just trying to drag atheism down to the level of the religious, maybe they cannot understand how someone cannot believe in what they believe, or have the faith in what they believe, if so, this is totally wrong.
Old 25-01-2021, 04:50 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Atheism is not a "personal faith", ...
faith:

1. complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
"this restores one's faith in politicians"

Similar: trust, belief, confidence, conviction, credence, reliance, dependence, optimism, hopefulness, hope, expectation

Opposite: mistrust
https://www.google.com/search?q=fiat... ome&ie=UTF-8

"Faith" doesn't have only a religious meaning. Also, I wrote "person of faith", not "personal faith".

Surely, you're free to disagree.

The burden of proof regarding God's "existence" is the same with that of God's "non-existence". There can't be objective proof either way, just subjective.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 25-01-2021, 05:01 AM
Master

"To give pleasure to a single heart by a single kind act is better than a thousand head-bowings in prayer."

I disagree. Thought / consciousness precedes, manifests matter. Act without thought has no value, and actually doesn't truly exist, no matter the illusion of our perceptions.

But, again, I don't intend to argue with you.
Old 25-01-2021, 11:56 AM
ketzer

Atheism is not a religion any more than science is. It is a matter of definitions, and if we are going to start redefining the words to suit our needs, then a discussion becomes difficult if not impossible. People who wish to discredit something often try to claim they are equivalent to something they feel is already discredited in an attempt to discredit it or invalidate it by association. Or if not to discredit it, they may be seeking to make it the equivalent of something so as to say it is basically the same and only a matter of choice. However, actual atheism does require faith as it claims the knowledge of something it cannot prove or disprove, and so does share that aspect with religion.

Scientific knowledge on the other hand, is always (supposed to be) a kind of knowing in which nothing is ever 100% known. It is always a question of the amount of credence given to any fact or theory, varying between 0 and 1, but never actually either. If one says they are almost certain God does not exist but are not 100% sure, they are still an agnostic. My guess is if pressed, most "atheists" would admit they can't be totally 100% sure and would fall into the tail end of the agnostic distribution.
Old 25-01-2021, 11:57 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
An Atheist is is simply someone who does not hold a belief for a god, until there is proof of a god, other than that they can believe in anything, even unicorns.
Haha! lol I enjoyed this thank you.

So is a unicorn just a horse that has evolved and grown a horn to defend itself? would it be something in the present, future or past? I never seen a unicorn except in cartoons, artwork, imagination or dreams. Would an athiest believe in real life unicorns, and if so, how did the unicorn come to be?

So many unanswered questions, how does an athiest live like this do they just brush it aside and try not to think these questions? I never really understood what's stopping atheists going on mass murdering spree's, with no god to hold them accountable for their actions, the only thing holding them accountable is themself and the threat of being caught and going to jail. They might have their own moral code and moral judgment, but what is stopping an atheist from going against their morals, or feeling the need to uphold their morals?
Old 25-01-2021, 01:19 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godspark
Haha! lol I enjoyed this thank you.

So is a unicorn just a horse that has evolved and grown a horn to defend itself? would it be something in the present, future or past? I never seen a unicorn except in cartoons, artwork, imagination or dreams. Would an athiest believe in real life unicorns, and if so, how did the unicorn come to be?

So many unanswered questions, how does an athiest live like this do they just brush it aside and try not to think these questions? I never really understood what's stopping atheists going on mass murdering spree's, with no god to hold them accountable for their actions, the only thing holding them accountable is themself and the threat of being caught and going to jail. They might have their own moral code and moral judgment, but what is stopping an atheist from going against their morals, or feeling the need to uphold their morals?

Believe it or not, unicorns were created centuries ago when mad Russian scientists tried to breed a super war horse by crossing narwhals and stepp horses. It's the truth, but was suppressed bye the Czars, KGB, and now the FSB, all of which are and have always been controlled by the illuminati. It failed because all the new breed wanted to do was ride on rainbows and chase butterflies, making them useless for warfare.

Now you know, if you believe!

BTW: Why don't atheist's turn into total evil narcissists? ..not all of them anyway.
Old 25-01-2021, 03:49 PM
Master

agnostics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
It is always a question of the amount of credence given to any fact or theory, varying between 0 and 1, but never actually either. If one says they are almost certain God does not exist but are not 100% sure, they are still an agnostic. My guess is if pressed, most "atheists" would admit they can't be totally 100% sure and would fall into the tail end of the agnostic distribution.
True, most are agnostic . True atheists with 100% belief that god does not exist are a rarity .

Also for variety of reasons atheists may not necessarily be bad by conduct though it takes very good effort for them to be good .
Old 25-01-2021, 04:22 PM
Master

OH my, people really have the need to believe they must have God to be good and couldn't without it...lol. What a negative image we hold of ourselves, or should I say we hold of others. Atheism is about belief and belief hold the same weight as well as errors.
Closed Thread