Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 01-01-2018, 05:58 PM
Pathfinder

Help interpreting a reading for myself.

I asked my cards a three-part question and pulled two cards for each query. 1.) Why am I feeling so burnt out at work? 2.) Why does a certain co-worker really have a problem with me? What could I have done to her, or what does she think I did to her? 3.) How can I at least improve things until I eventually move on, which probably won't be for a while?

Five of Cups
Six of Cups

Six of Swords
Page of Cups

Four of Coins
Knight of Cups
Eight of Coins

For question 1, I pulled Five of Cups and Six of Cups. Regrets? I think pulling these two cards suggests deep regret, a sense of loss and yearning for a time when things were happier. I don't really regret working there, it's just the same old, same old. And it's a really small office which breeds too much drama for my liking.

For question 2, about why a co-worker who is second-in-command in the office does not like me at all and is actively rude and catty towards me, I pulled the Six of Swords and Page of Cups. She told me a long time ago that she's only there as a "stepping stone", but is she really that miserable in the job that she has to take her frustration out on the receptionist? I think this card maybe indicates that she ultimately wants to transition out of the company and into greener pastures, but she's "stuck in a rut", and what is the Page of Cups doing here? He is a harbinger of new beginnings, so hopefully this indicates that she will find another job soon and be out of my hair for good.

For question 3, about what I can do to improve my experience in the meantime while I'm there: Four of Coins, Knight of Cups, and then Eight of Coins fell out too. My husband and I are pretty comfortable right now because we do not spend our money frivolously and we have a solid "Safety net", but I'm trying to see what this has to do with having a better attitude about my job. Is Four of Coins trying to tell me to just quit and find a better job because we can sustain ourselves for a little while if I do? I would prefer to look for another job and get a firm offer first, before I quit the job I have, but I suppose quitting is still an option. The Knight of Cups just follows his heart wherever it may take him, and my heart is telling me... I don't know what my heart is telling me, besides that I should go back to school, but that is impractical in the foreseeable future. Aaaand that's what I guess the Eight of Pentacles is about. I would just have to get through the next nine months until September, which is the soonest I could start the program I want to go for (mental health counseling). I could swing it, at least a substance abuse counseling certificate program at the local community college, without needing a loan, but I would rather save up more money first.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-01-2018, 07:37 PM
Master
1) You're stagnant in a situation that doesn't serve you anymore. (5 Cups, and Coins 4 too). Your heart isn't in it (anymore) and you are longing to do something that you truly love doing. (Cups 6)

2) Does this co-worker know you are thinking of / planning to leave? If only through the grapevine?
In any case, somehow feels as if something about you irritates her. Does it look like you can shrug it off when she's being unpleasant to you? As if she cannot get to you (even though she does)?

3) You answered that one yourself. You daren't leave the comfort-zone of the reliable and stable income (Pents 4) even though this doesn't make you happy.
You want to do something you love, and you want to learn. Funny as I thought of this aspect of Knights (learning), then you mentioned it (I hadn't read your interpretation yet).
You musn't rush into this, like the Knight Cups can be all passionate about something, but he doesn't commit. Not saying you won't commit to this study -I think you will-, but in combi with Pents 8 I think it is good and wise to take your time and wait it out till September.

How? By not doing a Cups 5 => stop focusing on what you don't have and what doesn't work. Focus on what does work. And bear in mind that you will leave and have something great coming up that does fulfill you. Don't treat this like it's a permanent thing. It isn't. So enjoy whatever good there still is, dump the rest. Focus on what comes next, you know what your goal is, what you're doing it for (kind of Pent 8 again).
Pents 4 + Pents 8 = 12 = Hanged Man = Different perspective, seeing things in a different light. So a confirmation to focus on another aspect of the job so that you can make it in one piece till September comes. May not be easy, but if you can keep in mind it's for your greater good... I think you can do it.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:08 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
1) You're stagnant in a situation that doesn't serve you anymore. (5 Cups, and Coins 4 too). Your heart isn't in it (anymore) and you are longing to do something that you truly love doing. (Cups 6)

2) Does this co-worker know you are thinking of / planning to leave? If only through the grapevine?
In any case, somehow feels as if something about you irritates her. Does it look like you can shrug it off when she's being unpleasant to you? As if she cannot get to you (even though she does)?

3) You answered that one yourself. You daren't leave the comfort-zone of the reliable and stable income (Pents 4) even though this doesn't make you happy.
You want to do something you love, and you want to learn. Funny as I thought of this aspect of Knights (learning), then you mentioned it (I hadn't read your interpretation yet).
You musn't rush into this, like the Knight Cups can be all passionate about something, but he doesn't commit. Not saying you won't commit to this study -I think you will-, but in combi with Pents 8 I think it is good and wise to take your time and wait it out till September.

How? By not doing a Cups 5 => stop focusing on what you don't have and what doesn't work. Focus on what does work. And bear in mind that you will leave and have something great coming up that does fulfill you. Don't treat this like it's a permanent thing. It isn't. So enjoy whatever good there still is, dump the rest. Focus on what comes next, you know what your goal is, what you're doing it for (kind of Pent 8 again).
Pents 4 + Pents 8 = 12 = Hanged Man = Different perspective, seeing things in a different light. So a confirmation to focus on another aspect of the job so that you can make it in one piece till September comes. May not be easy, but if you can keep in mind it's for your greater good... I think you can do it.

Thank you for your insight. It makes a lot of sense, especially the first part. Thank you.

To answer your question about the troublesome co-worker:

This co-worker, K, May have overheard me saying that I'm thinking of going for my substance abuse counselor certificate program eventually, perhaps in the fall. It is no secret that this is what I would ultimately like to do. I'm a receptionist in a substance abuse counseling facility and, believe it or not, she's one of the counselors. All bright and cheery to the clients, but she's a snob to some of her colleagues. I'm not the only one who thinks she's stuck up. It was myself, and two other counselors who really didn't like her, but one of them left and I lost an ally. It's weird. The only colleagues who really have a problem with her are men, and myself.

On my first day there back in April, I tried making small talk with her and she said she's just using it as a stepping stone. A few weeks ago, I overheard her telling someone that she's interviewed at other agencies but she's still with our company because she's gotten like three raises since she started.

I hope she leaves soon.

I just ignore her these days. Pointedly. At this point, when I make a coffee run, I don't bother asking her if she wants something but I'll ask other co-workers. If I brought snacks, I won't offer her any. It didn't used to be that way, but she was so catty towards me from the get-go that I'm being catty back. When she gives me attidude, I won't even look at her her and if I acknowledge her, it's with a noncommittal grunt.

I have tried, multiple times, to kindly explain to her that her tone and cattiness is an issue, and pointed out that I always treated her with respect so there's no reason she should be nasty towards me. It didn't work. No apology. No justification like "I'm sorry I snapped at you, I'm just stressed", nothing. Since she won't change her behavior, I stopped trying to make peace and I just ignore her existence for most of the day.

Her: "Yeah so uh these charts need to go back in the filing cabinet like now so like get on that."
Me: "Hn." And I carry on with whatever I was already doing and take my sweet time getting around to whatever she wanted me to do.

There's a right and a wrong way to ask a co-worker to do something. She doesn't get it.

Another oddity: she also reads tarot. We actually have a lot in common, but the way she speaks to me is awful. It has been since day one.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahRose
Thank you for your insight. It makes a lot of sense, especially the first part. Thank you.

To answer your question about the troublesome co-worker:

This co-worker, K, May have overheard me saying that I'm thinking of going for my substance abuse counselor certificate program eventually, perhaps in the fall. It is no secret that this is what I would ultimately like to do. I'm a receptionist in a substance abuse counseling facility and, believe it or not, she's one of the counselors. All bright and cheery to the clients, but she's a snob to some of her colleagues. I'm not the only one who thinks she's stuck up. It was myself, and two other counselors who really didn't like her, but one of them left and I lost an ally. It's weird. The only colleagues who really have a problem with her are men, and myself.

On my first day there back in April, I tried making small talk with her and she said she's just using it as a stepping stone. A few weeks ago, I overheard her telling someone that she's interviewed at other agencies but she's still with our company because she's gotten like three raises since she started.

I hope she leaves soon.

I just ignore her these days. Pointedly. At this point, when I make a coffee run, I don't bother asking her if she wants something but I'll ask other co-workers. If I brought snacks, I won't offer her any. It didn't used to be that way, but she was so catty towards me from the get-go that I'm being catty back. When she gives me attidude, I won't even look at her her and if I acknowledge her, it's with a noncommittal grunt.

I have tried, multiple times, to kindly explain to her that her tone and cattiness is an issue, and pointed out that I always treated her with respect so there's no reason she should be nasty towards me. It didn't work. No apology. No justification like "I'm sorry I snapped at you, I'm just stressed", nothing. Since she won't change her behavior, I stopped trying to make peace and I just ignore her existence for most of the day.

Her: "Yeah so uh these charts need to go back in the filing cabinet like now so like get on that."
Me: "Hn." And I carry on with whatever I was already doing and take my sweet time getting around to whatever she wanted me to do.

There's a right and a wrong way to ask a co-worker to do something. She doesn't get it.

Another oddity: she also reads tarot. We actually have a lot in common, but the way she speaks to me is awful. It has been since day one.
The reason I asked that was that I got a sense that she somehow feels outdone by you. Kind of like she feels you are more talented or better, something along that vein. Which may be the cause of her treating you that way from the word go. On top of that she cannot get a grip on you -like you said, you ignore/neglect her- and that doesn't sit well with her either.
In short: I think you make her feel insecure
And it wouldn't surprise me she could wind of you leaving, and since she wants to be out of there but isn't going anywhere, the idea of you actually leaving and moving on will likely not sit well with her either. Again may make her feel outdone (is that the right word? Not certain).
Don't ask me how I got to this, combination of the two cards and intuition. The boat being in mid-water, so away from other's control (hers, no grip on you as you ignore her), the more talented stuff = the Page Cups. And also a bit the ignoring as PAge is happily staring at the fish in the cup, kind of like a friendly "S*d you! I'm doing my own thing!"

Oh, and if you deep down are quite much alike, that may be more reason for feelings of competitiveness... You sometimes get that with ppl who are very similar, sometimes both feel that way, sometimes only one party.
I tend to get that feeling with Geminis a lot, while I doubt the Gemini will feel that way.

Old 02-01-2018, 02:11 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
The reason I asked that was that I got a sense that she somehow feels outdone by you. Kind of like she feels you are more talented or better, something along that vein. Which may be the cause of her treating you that way from the word go. On top of that she cannot get a grip on you -like you said, you ignore/neglect her- and that doesn't sit well with her either.
In short: I think you make her feel insecure
And it wouldn't surprise me she could wind of you leaving, and since she wants to be out of there but isn't going anywhere, the idea of you actually leaving and moving on will likely not sit well with her either. Again may make her feel outdone (is that the right word? Not certain).
Don't ask me how I got to this, combination of the two cards and intuition. The boat being in mid-water, so away from other's control (hers, no grip on you as you ignore her), the more talented stuff = the Page Cups. And also a bit the ignoring as PAge is happily staring at the fish in the cup, kind of like a friendly "S*d you! I'm doing my own thing!"

Oh, and if you deep down are quite much alike, that may be more reason for feelings of competitiveness... You sometimes get that with ppl who are very similar, sometimes both feel that way, sometimes only one party.
I tend to get that feeling with Geminis a lot, while I doubt the Gemini will feel that way.

Education and career-wise, she's way ahead of the game than I am. She is 24 and has a Masters in mental health counseling and I don't even have a Bachelors degree.

Maybe she's jealous because I own my own home, I'm happily married, and, while I do not talk about my financial situation at work, it's probably become somewhat obvious that we're living pretty comfortably. Despite my lack of formal education, I've done okay for myself at this rate.

She's renting an apartment, and she's constantly complaining about money, her small apartment, being single, and not being able to find a man with whom she can settle down.

She wants the white picket fence life. Maybe she hates me because she thinks I have it. Reality is, I would do anything to have her level of education and to have had that drive when I was younger, but I spent my early and mid 20s not having a clue what I wanted to do with my life. She has something I want, but I don't hold it against her.

Then again, I have quite a few years on her. At 24, I did not think I would own a home at any point in the foreseeable future, I did not think I would ever marry, and I did not even have a reliable vehicle.
Old 02-01-2018, 02:22 AM
Master
Six of Swords This could be lashing out because lack of emotional interest from your end/ disinterest. They could view this as 'judgement' on your part. People have a habit of picking on others when they perceive someone is 'judging' them and it's a way to make oneself feel good by bringing another down. Not feeling like the lesser person by making another feel bad. I feel that is what is happening here. If you have made known that you are disinterested , they could be doing it to bring you down. Insecurity mostly even if they aren't gaining anything serious out of it. Feeling insecure by your apparent lack of interest.

Knight of Cups Eight of Coins. Make this only about work for now, engage with your co workers on professional level and show some interest. This is about getting the job done. If this has been given to you at this point of time, there are sure lessons to learn from it. So make the best out of this situation, be professional and make it about work. Engage others with tact , show some acknowledgement and things will be normal for you. Four of coins Keep some things private. If there is a safety net you can bank on, then you have nothing to lose here anyways. So just be comfortable in your position and engage others professionally when you need to, until you find a new job. If someone is not too easy with your disinterest, be diplomatic, and deal in tact. All issues with someone will die down.
Just my interpretation of it