Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 23-12-2013, 02:14 PM
Deactivated Account

I can no longer ignore these signs

Long story short - I met a man named N back in April 2013. He immediately hit it off. Things went south after our first date so I decided to prematurely abort the situation due to unapologetic and rude things he did. I later apologized for my impulsive and uncalled for behavior but he disregarded my apology. I have since changed my number, blocked him everywhere and moved on.

5 months passed by and I totally moved on thanks to my crazy work schedule which keeps me busy 7 days a week, friends and multiple dates I went on. I found myself no longer caring despite the fact that his name/hometown kept popping up everywhere everyday. It was just easy to ignore, coincidence or so I thought.

Lately, things have gotten pretty intense/obvious or plain strange. I succeded in ignoring these so-called coincidence for months because I was adamant I wanted nothing to do with him. However, the more I ignore the coincidences, the stronger they become. In the past two weeks, bizarre things happened:

- I went for a drink with a new colleague of mine and he friend's name was N.
- Most people I meet these days are from his hometown/state.
- A random guy at work told me I should get in touch with N because he knows N will reply (I didn't even tell him the story). He was like, do it right now bla bla. I'm telling you to do it or I'll do it for you.
- People are suddenly asking me how N is doing, how our relationship is progressing.
- When I leave home for work in the morning, the first thing I see in the newspaper is his name. When I leave work at night, I always hear his name/see someone carrying a bag with his name on it, multiple times an hour ..

I mean, I've always believe these were just strong coincidences that I should disregard, but I can't seem to escape them. They've become pretty obvious. It's the first time such thing is happening to me.

Do you think I should disregard these "coincidences" or is the universe trying to tell me something?
Old 23-12-2013, 07:19 PM
vaude

i'm no expert on spirituality; i've kinda just started learning about it, so i guess i still have a lot more to learn, but one thing i do know is that there's no such thing as coincidences. even the smallest things that appear as mere coincidences may have some significance, you just have to know where the pieces of the puzzle go. i understand your situation but (since you didn't specify what he did) i assume you didn't put yourself in his shoes? he might have been going through some things idk. but i do know people can be pretty damn stupid sometimes, lol. so we have to keep an open heart especially towards the ones we love.

hope that helps, namaste
Old 23-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Do you think I should disregard these "coincidences" or is the universe trying to tell me something?

Hi HartofPixie,

You haven't bumped into anybody else romantically since then, so I'd guess it's a coincidence and many of us yearn for a close relationship, so you could conceivably take it as a sign, but not the kind you're thinking, but the kind where you're being tested to see if your common sense will override your heart yearning for a loving relationship with someone strong, yet kind-hearted and stuff like that.

I'm not sure why you would apologize if the first date went bad and he said cruddy things to you, but that's just me.

Old 26-12-2013, 10:16 PM
Master

I'd follow your first instinct to dump the guy. You said yourself he was unapologetic and rude. Because of a few signs you want to hook up with someone like that? You're worth more than that. Take back your power.
Old 28-12-2013, 11:10 AM
Deactivated Account

It is true that I haven't been romantically linked to anybody since. For some reason, I can't seem to get over it despite the fact that nothing happened. As I said, I went on many many dates, a lot more than usual. But I feel as though I just don't care about those people I got on a date with. I usually end up not responding to their request for another date because I don't get any excitement anymore.

The first date went great actually. He didn't say mean things to me at all. On the contrary, he was always very sweet to me and would always respond to my texts within the minute. His major problem was his lack of organization skills. He asked to reschedule our second date three times in a row which really annoyed me. That's the only reason why I cut him off. I waited an entire month until I finally gave up. I just found his behavior shady, especially as he was the one initiating this second date. I know we had clashing schedules since he worked 6 nights a week, but I thought he was playing me (maybe he was?).

I'm not one to like guys easily. I've never been in love. I don't get attached to people easily at all, but with this one, it's different. Go figure. It's like I'm grieving a relationship that didn't even happen. And these so-called signs aren't helping.