Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 22-05-2017, 09:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
The biggest failure of the reincarnation concept, and the 'life is a (near endless) school' idea is that they seemingly have no end.
We incarnate until we achieve transcendence ala Buddha and Jesus. Then we move on to higher planes of reality. Every esoteric occult philosophy outlines this process. The higher self sees this as creation, eternally evolving. Whereas the lower self would see this process as just endlessly tiring.
Old 22-05-2017, 12:19 PM
Guide

Endlessly tiring, demotivating, depressing, demoralizing.

Buddhism does not support the eternally evolving idea. There is an end.
Old 22-05-2017, 01:13 PM
Guide
Interesting idea of the "No God" as opposed to the "I AM GOD".

I believe there are indeed numerous deities wanting souls to follow them and deify them / worship them. But then such souls are not SELF aware enough to realise WE are ALL GOD.

Why should you follow some or other deity when you know YOU YOURSELF ARE GOD? To me this make no sense...
Old 22-05-2017, 10:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Process thinking is mostly immune to this because there are no entities, no objects and subjects which could gain from tyranny.

which when you start to promote it itself becomes a tyranny... sigh...
Old 22-05-2017, 10:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Endlessly tiring, demotivating, depressing, demoralizing.

Buddhism does not support the eternally evolving idea. There is an end.

I jsut spent thirty years of my life wishing for an end to the buddhist nightmare, and all I found in the end is that there isn't going to be one and I was going to have to get over myself. sigh.
Old 24-05-2017, 10:47 AM
Experiencer
Gnostic Atheism is the No Hand Path, otherwise known as pure hedonism. Adherents of this path seek pleasure at all costs and loathe pain. I know a girl who is on this path, from my perspective she is independent and egoistic but from her perspective she is independent and determined.
Old 24-05-2017, 11:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahriman
Gnostic Atheism is the No Hand Path, otherwise known as pure hedonism. Adherents of this path seek pleasure at all costs and loathe pain. I know a girl who is on this path, from my perspective she is independent and egoistic but from her perspective she is independent and determined.
Jacob, I see you posted this in another forum:

"I am very messed up and uncomfortable with who I am. My head and my heart are not in agreement. My nature and my life's purpose are at odds. Please pray for me, my name is Jacob."

Observation and suggestion: We mess ourselves up with our harsh judgement. Harsh judgment creates psychic turmoil, which creates physical and mental health issues. Your harsh, uber-opinionated post above regarding Gnostic Atheism is an example of what I'm speaking of. It's apparent from your words you have little understanding of this topic, and simply wished to insert your angry opinion on the matter.

Stop doing that. That's how you create psychic turmoil in your life as I said. Ignore that voice inside that would have you lash out at the world, and at things you couldn't possible comprehend given your life experience to this point. Start loving. Start loving life. Look for opportunities to speak and share loving thoughts and observations. All the best bro.

EDIT: Just saw this comment of yours:"I think only the Anti Christ will incarnate with full knowledge of good and evil."

And that. Fundamentalist religious beliefs about Anti Christ and End of Days etc. are toxic, are poisonous to the mind and soul.
Old 24-05-2017, 03:53 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
which when you start to promote it itself becomes a tyranny... sigh...
Why? in terms of 'power over', nobody gains anything from process thinking.
Old 26-05-2017, 12:23 AM
Master
Quote:

Faith - doubt = dogma

Faith+ doubt = spirutality

Light a candle...

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...vT6Hzhqq59GH0g
Old 26-05-2017, 03:32 AM
Master

Quote:

you honestly think people would go for something if they don't get anything out of it? doesn't seem realistic...