Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 19-09-2011, 09:42 AM
Tysklar

Hello again All.

I have my own idea of what is meant in Genesis 1:26;" And God said, let us make man in our image, according to our likeness."

"...let US..."
^Plural. I believe this is God talking to The Goddess.
"...man..."
Is referring to human beings.

"...according to our likeness..."
Male and Female.

OP asks, "What is The Image of God?"

The Image of God is the Tetrahedron, more specifically God is the, Vector Equilibrium...

God and consciousness is in all animals...
God (&Goddess) are in all things, everywhere, always.

edited by staff
Old 19-09-2011, 11:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
Very human-centric view. There is all type of consciousness. Some levels of consciousness would view us like we view a plant! LOL. Or even less evolved!!!

I do not believe in evolution, and I believe there is only one type of consciousness on earth; human consciousness. I would agree that there are varying levels of human consciousness.
Old 19-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Master
So just what is the image of God? Well its consciousness, which is the result of ' The breath of God, or the Breath of Life." It is a part of Gods Spirit. So consciousness is a Spirit in man which comes from God. And each human has it. Not to be confused with " The Holy Spirit of God", which is an annointed Spirit of Conversion; two entirely different Spirits, not all humans have that; I certainly do not, but would like to have it. Yet I believe its the destiny of every human to one day have it.
Old 19-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Master
So then the image of God is a spirit in humans. Well, just what is a " Spirit?"
Old 19-09-2011, 06:52 PM
VesicaPhoenix11

The image of God - is whatever you believe the image of God is - for you. Each person is given their own direct link to "God" and each person's image is just one reflection what God is.

No one has the one right way to experience God. No one book contains the way to God.

In my view God is much bigger than I could ever imagine in this form I hold now. This is how I interpret the commandment of "make no graven images" and "God is unknowable" - God can not be limited by our perception, and our perception in this form can not hold all of God.

Be well....
Old 19-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by VesicaPhoenix11
The image of God - is whatever you believe the image of God is - for you. Each person is given their own direct link to "God" and each person's image is just one reflection what God is.

No one has the one right way to experience God. No one book contains the way to God.

In my view God is much bigger than I could ever imagine in this form I hold now. This is how I interpret the commandment of "make no graven images" and "God is unknowable" - God can not be limited by our perception, and our perception in this form can not hold all of God.

Be well....

Well I certainly agree with that. I would add that the bible is the most profound book that points to God, but not the only one for sure. And that is my view.
Old 20-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Master
A Spirit is not human, and the spirit in man comes from God. The spirit in man is an actual extension of Gods own essence. Simular to a woman giving birth, somehow, God actually gives birth to human life by implanting this spirit of conscious life. So then God is a being that has " Life within himself." And this is incredible, he must be an egnigmatic being.
Old 20-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
A Spirit is not human, and the spirit in man comes from God. The spirit in man is an actual extension of Gods own essence. Simular to a woman giving birth, somehow, God actually gives birth to human life by implanting this spirit of conscious life. So then God is a being that has " Life within himself." And this is incredible, he must be an egnigmatic being.
Can you give me some proof of what you say, where did you get this information ??.
Old 21-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Can you give me some proof of what you say, where did you get this information ??.

Well let me premiss your questions by first stating that I am not trying to convince anyone of anything, nor prove things to others, only to myself. I am simply sharing my views here, just like anyonelse who post. That being said, I get most of my information from the bible, and from my own consciousness; because I trust those two things. I don't expect you to be interested in neither of the two; but since you asked;

In John 4:24 it states that God is a Spirit. This is what he is. In 1Corinth. 2:11 it shows that there is a Spirit " In man." Since I believe God created man, I thus believe God put this Spirit in man; which I believe to be Consciousness. In Gen. 2:7 it states that God created man and breathed into him the breath of life, and then man started living, because God created his body first. The breath came from inside of God, as our breath comes from inside of us; thus we can know that " In God is life." Which I think is incredible.

In John 5:26; Jesus talking; " The Father has life in himself." Not being an evolutionist, I believe God himself is the orgin of Life. Not being an Atheist, I believe the above scriptures, I do not believe that Life began from " No Life." I believe Life begats life, or Life must be born from another life. I believe that Life is complex, and that nothing less than this complexity, can create things greater than itself. In example; I do not believe human life was born from magic rocks and chemicals that somehow developed from absolute zero.

As we have blood running through us, I believe God has Spirit running through him, Great astounding powerful Spirit that has ' Protozoan", or the ability to be withdrawn from inside of God, placed outside of him and given independant self conscious life! Again Jesus in John 6:57;" I live because of the Father." And John 8:42, again Jesus, " I proceeded forth and have come from God." Sounds exactly like a birth to me, and Jesus is called " The Firstborn of many." So he came from inside of God, simular to how a female human would give birth. So I got my views from this and many other scriptures.
Old 21-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Master
The image of God is eternal, because God is eternal. Humans, being temporary physcio chemical existence, have a hard time comprehending eternity. Or something that never ends; we need to see an end to things, and thats one reason why we can't see God.