Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 09-09-2023, 09:23 AM
Master
Do you think the Old Testament is made up?

Not many people believe the Old Testament is real truth any more. But who on earth could have written it? Imagine someone writing such a book in these times. The human race just does not have that kind of grandeur anymore. The Old Testament is either based on truth or it is one of the most incredible feats of imagination ever written. To me it is a complete mystery as to where it came from.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 09-09-2023, 09:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
To me it is a complete mystery as to where it came from.
It came from the mind/thoughts of the Scribes, simple....
Old 09-09-2023, 11:30 AM
Seeker

The Hebrews were a nomadic tribe, they borrowed stories everywhere they went.
Old 09-09-2023, 12:28 PM
This will be a very interesting topic, Honza. :)
We may still may have some scholars here that will have great comments.

To address your topic...some is exactly true, imo, some is interpreted nonsense from primitive perspectives -Example,
they didn't even know where the Sun went each night, some is symbolic or metaphors, some hidden meanings to be discovered.
Do I think there was an actual fruit eaten that caused us to decline to animal procreation and non-immortal status...No.

This may start things off:
''Tradition credits Moses as the author of Genesis, as well as the books of Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and most of Deuteronomy;
however, modern scholars, especially from the 19th century onward, place the books' authorship in the
6th and 5th centuries BC, hundreds of years after Moses is supposed to have lived.''

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-09-2023, 12:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
It came from the mind/thoughts of the Scribes, simple....
How come no one noticed these scribes 'making stories up' and pass the word? People would say these stories have just been made up by writers!

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 09-09-2023, 01:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
How come no one noticed these scribes 'making stories up' and pass the word? People would say these stories have just been made up by writers!
The stories would have been spread by word of mouth across the centuries/cultures in the form of oral tales/myths etc: mybe in the hope of forging a collective identity among the different Tribes, then eventually being put into writings/scriptures..... imo.
I didn't mean the Scribes actualy made the story's up themselves but rather heard/thought and used their minds to put them into writings/scriptures..... mybe even making the stories more understandable.
Old 09-09-2023, 01:33 PM
Guide

To me, the Old Testament is an intriguing collection of half-remembered myths and stories, gathered over a period of millennia.

The writers were not there when the events happened, and could only write things as they understood them after hearing the tales from others. How old were those tales? How many prior tellings were they filtered through? No one knows.

The Old Testament is an interesting, stitched-together attempt to organize religious thought.
Old 09-09-2023, 01:57 PM
Master
Roles of Scribes... This article is quite interesting and explains why we have discrepancies throughout the Bible... The Scribes were Lawers/Judges not just copyist and were not sworn to 'accuracy' so could edit the Stories to suit......

https://blog.bibleodyssey.org/bible-...-hebrew-bible/
Old 09-09-2023, 02:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tiger
To me, the Old Testament is an intriguing collection of half-remembered myths and stories, gathered over a period of millennia.
Yes I agree with you. Some believe the Bible is a reliable source of history, but His story is what it really is.....
Old 09-09-2023, 03:39 PM
Pathfinder

Robot fun imaginations like serious or universe of doubt, history seccular time in times entertain vanities date mortal dreams play reality's awake in many worlds where maze is yourself fear or bored with time forever circus, I AM can do any imaginations fruitcakes loony mind or beyond understand not even books are able to record its never began nor ends needs beer and smoke to become nothing matters so just do what you what but never need.