Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 28-02-2007, 02:13 PM
janspirit

Book1 breakfast at McDonalds

Please read until the end.

This is a good story and is true, please read it all the way through until the end!

I am a mother of three (ages 14, 12, 3) and have recently completed my college degree.

The last class I had to take was Sociology.

The teacher was absolutely inspiring with the qualities that I wish every human being had been graced with.

Her last project of the term was called "Smile."

The class was asked to go out and smile at three people and document their reactions.

I am a very friendly person and always smile at everyone and say hello anyway, so, I thought this would be a piece of cake, literally.

Soon after we were assigned the project, my husband, youngest son, and I went out to McDonald's one crisp March morning.

It was just our way of sharing special playtime with our son.

We were standing in line, waiting to be served, when all of a sudden
everyone around us began to back away, and then even my husband did.

I did not move an inch... an overwhelming feeling of panic welled up inside
of me as I turned to see why they had moved.

As I turned around I smelled a horrible "dirty body" smell, and there
standing behind me were two poor homeless men.

As I looked down at the short gentleman, close to me, he was "smiling".

His beautiful sky blue eyes were full of God's Light as he searched for acceptance.

He said, "Good day" as he counted the few coins he had been clutching.

The second man fumbled with his hands as he stood behind his friend. I realized the second man was mentally challenged and the blue-eyed gentleman was his salvation.

I held my tears as I stood there with them.

The young lady at the counter asked him what they wanted.

He said, "Coffee is all Miss" because that was all they could afford.
(If they wanted to sit in the restaurant and warm up, they had to buy something. He just wanted to be warm).

Then I really felt it - the compulsion was so great I almost reached out and embraced the little man with the blue eyes.

That is when I noticed all eyes in the restaurant were set on me, judging
my every action.

I smiled and asked the young lady behind the counter to give me two more
breakfast meals on a separate tray.

I then walked around the corner to the table that the men had chosen as a resting spot. I put the tray on the table and laid my hand on the blue-eyed gentleman's cold hand.

He looked up at me, with tears in his eyes, and said, "Thank you."

I leaned over, began to pat his hand and said, "I did not do this for you. God is here working through me to give you hope."

I started to cry as I walked away to join my husband and son. When I sat down my husband smiled at me and said, "That is why God gave you to me, Honey, to give me hope."

We held hands for a moment and at that time, we knew that only because of
the Grace that we had been given were we able to give.

We are not church goers, but we are believers.

That day showed me the pure Light of God's sweet love.

I returned to college, on the last evening of class, with this story in hand .
I turned in "my project" and the instructor read it.

Then she looked up at me and said, "Can I share this?"

I slowly nodded as she got the attention of the class.

She began to read and that is when I knew that we as human beings and being
part of God share this need to heal people and to be healed.

In my own way I had touched the people at McDonald's, my husband, son,
instructor, and every soul that shared the classroom on the last night I spent as a college student.

I graduated with one of the biggest lessons I would ever learn:
UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE.

Much love and compassion is sent to each and every person who may read this
and learn how to

LOVE PEOPLE AND USE THINGS - NOT LOVE THINGS AND USE PEOPLE.

Old 28-02-2007, 02:22 PM
Makoorakoo

A lovely heart warming story, it nearly made me cry, however im currently in school while typing this so peers are talking to me as well. Im inspired by your story that you went against the norms that people follow and followed your heart instead. Truely an angel in society, I grant you my blessings and my respect.

Love and blessings to all
Old 28-02-2007, 02:50 PM
Knower

Hi

That was beautiful

I had tears in my eyes while reading too, wouldn't it be nice if everyone could take heart from stories like this

Michelle xx
Old 28-02-2007, 04:07 PM
janspirit

Red face

Hi guys

Just to add, this story isn't about me, i found it on Care2Connect - a web group i am a member of on the spirituality pages... it touched me too, deeply, and i wish we could all be like this...

mayb we are and we can be... i believe that... just do our bit day by day and step by step and make a difference...

I always liked that saying

Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty...

love jan xx

Last edited by janspirit : 28-02-2007 at 04:16 PM.
Old 28-02-2007, 04:41 PM
kundalini

Hi jan,

Thanks for posting this story.

K.
Old 28-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Celestine

Beautiful and inspiring! Could you just imagine if everyone took the time to love and give this way. What a world we would have. Celestine
Old 28-02-2007, 09:26 PM
OceanWaves19161

Thats brought tears to my eyes! I'm glad I read it:)
Old 07-03-2007, 06:40 PM
ljepotica

Hello janspirit-it is indeed a beautiful story...very moving and touching.

Although I have not done anything similar to that story I do like to treat homeless people like human beings...if they ask me for money and I don't have any I look into their eyes sincerely and appologise to them.
When I do give them money I again look into their eyes and say "god bless you" and "take care" and I always smile.
A few weeks ago I was going to get a bus to visit a friend of mine and although I saw a homeless man on the street with his dog-I took out money and I gave it to him smiling-I could see that he was taken aback and shocked and all he could say was "god bless you" and I replied "god bless you and take care" all the time looking into his eyes and smiling.

It feels amazing to give and to put a smile on the face of those less fortunate than you are or those that need help...without expecting anything in return.

If only more people could see that what makes a real man/woman is not what you have achieved but your actions towards others.

Thank you again for posting this story.

Lots of love,

S xxxx
Old 07-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Knower

Hi

Someone once told me to smile at an old person if I was out and about, it might be the only smile they got that day I've never forgot those wise words, but I can't remember who said them to me.

Michelle xxxx
Old 07-03-2007, 10:09 PM
janspirit

Closed Thread