Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 13-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Astraia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I like this idea but with a bit of a twist...Pick one week / day a month for all healers to practice their long distance healing powers for everyone. Since I know relatively little about how that works, I'll wait to see if any healers reading this have more knowledgeable suggestions.

Cool idea, Deusdrum.

The way it was done on a forum that I used to be an admin of several years back, people could request healing from the "Healing Circle". It was basically a set day each week, when people who were willing to participate would send healing energy to the people that it was requested for. That forum also had a specific time set for it, but with all the different timezones going on here that wouldn't really be an option I would think.
Old 13-10-2011, 11:43 AM
Master
I second Sounds suggestion and I also feel like to some this forum must be like sitting at the dinner table with your family and everyone gets to speak except them. Not because no one lets them but because they feel intimidated to speak their views.
I don't know how to make this better but I have noticed that when the very active players (including myself) are not speaking or posting as much, that it seems it opens the threads up to the thoughts and ideas of the newer people.
I don't have an answer or am sure it is even a problem but it does seem to me that the forum could be less intimidating to spiritually new people.
Any thoughts?
I thought maybe a section where topics are discussed and the rule is that before you post, you must speak something positive or share something positively related to the posters words before you.
Anyways, those are my thoughts.
Blessings, James
Old 13-10-2011, 11:48 AM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
I would like to see pass-worded forums for less inhibited discussions. Members would need to apply for access and general rules would still apply, however for the most part, participants could determine when they had 'had enough' as opposed to that being decided for them.
In making that suggestion, please know that I am not devaluing the wonderful, and extremely difficult job moderators do on the open forum. I just feel that it would mean more 'intense' discussions/threads could run their course, without the risk of offending bystanders.

Best suggestion so far, as is.
Old 13-10-2011, 12:30 PM
Sungirl

It would be great to have a place where people working in healing could talk. Either people who are professional or who work with just friends and family, but who actually consider themselves healers.

In having forums for all the different ones it thins out the opportunity to speak to healers as a whole about things concerning working with other people.

I don't mean to be elitest and shut out people who dabble, but I have had questions that would apply to any modality but can only post it in one section or risk spamming the site. Having the separate ones are is fab, I mean this in addition to those.

I also still think we should be able to edit our own posts in YourSpace threads. We are encouraged to write about deeper stuff about ourselves there, would be nice to be able to edit them if we suddenly find we wished we hadn't shared something.... or as I found, that I had made a typo that made the whole passage mean the opposite of what I was trying to say.....

Another thing that might be nice is regional forums... if for no other reason than if I post in a UK forum I am more likely to get responses that day. It could also facilitate finding out that someone you have been chatting to is close enough to actually meet. I found out that Honza is not a million miles away from me and I find that kind of comforting.....
Old 13-10-2011, 03:31 PM
scorpiowitch66

All good ideas..

How about splitting up the Divination category?
Old 13-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Deactivated Account

how do you mean, " splitting up the Divination category " ?

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 13-10-2011, 04:33 PM
scorpiowitch66

Meaning get rid of the Divination heading and give Numerology and Runes, Pendulums and Dowsing, and Tarot and Oracle Cards there own headings instead of being grouped into one category...

Sorry if I wasnt clear

mary
Old 13-10-2011, 04:35 PM
Deactivated Account

thanks, I see what you mean now... maybe I wasn't clear in my understanding

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 13-10-2011, 05:00 PM
midnightstar

This is something I've seen done on another forum (successfully) but how about a private section where members who need help from the staff can post and only the thread starter and the staff can see the threads in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaZen
Create a function that members can use that places them on the admins "ignore list"!
Admins have an ignore list? I didn't think they could have one

Last edited by midnightstar : 13-10-2011 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Sorry typos
Old 13-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Make a section were adults only can discuss stuff without being made to feel like a child.