Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 02-08-2011, 04:27 AM
Master
“meat eating and non violence”.

I am working on “meat eating and non violence”. Can any of you post quotes of bible on this subject? subjects are
violence, non violence, meat eating.Thanks in advance
Old 04-08-2011, 03:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker108
I am working on “meat eating and non violence”. Can any of you post quotes of bible on this subject? subjects are
violence, non violence, meat eating.Thanks in advance
is here anyone to help me ?
Old 04-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Master

Here is some of what the Bible says about meat eating. When God first created the earth there wasn't any, but all living creatures were vegetarians.
And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit.You shall have them for food. And to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food.” And it was so.
Genesis 1:29,30 ESV

This changed after Adam's sin brought death into the world. At some point some animals began eating other animals and later God gave humans permission to eat meat.
Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything. But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood.
Genesis 9:3,4

The only restriction regarding meat was a prohibition of eating blood. This restriction is still in effect. There was a dispute in the early church about whether Christians were required to follow all of the commands in the Mosaic law, including circumcision and avoiding certain kinds of meat.
Therefore my judgment is that we should not trouble those of the Gentiles who turn to God, but should write to them to abstain from the things polluted by idols, and from sexual immorality, and from what has been strangled, and from blood.
Acts 15:19,20

The eating of strangled animals was probably forbidden because an animal killed by strangulation doesn't have the blood drained from its body.

The laws that God gave to Moses at Sinai included the designation of some animals as unclean and therefore not to be eaten. But many of these laws were meant only for Israel and aren't binding on us today. Here is a thread on how to tell which parts of the Mosaic law are applicable today.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=14022

There is a lot about violence in the Bible. If you want information about it perhaps it would help if you would explain exactly why you are studying the subject and be a little more specific about what kind of information you are looking for.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Inesophet

Eat my Flesh, and drink my Blood.

Quite the importend phrase in chrisianity. If eating delicious (maybe smoked) meat was not wished it would sound something like this:

"Eat the veggies i grow by my self and drink the water"

Also he wouldnt have recruited Peter the Fishermen.

But well...people believe what they want to believe...
Old 04-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Time

THeres nothing in the bible regarding vegans. Genesis (as theo showed) states everythng is for us to eat. Then you get to livictus, and it states " nothing from the water that doesnt have scales" as well as "2 cloven hooved animals". All the NT is is a different a newer interpretation of the old jewish books amalgamated with other traditions.

There is no basis on the theory that a vegan society will be less violent. Although if you DO manage to find it, id be the first person to read up on it! but as of now, there is no basis on this. MEat eating societies and vegan societies will still do the same amount of harm as eachother if we still do them in the same, wasteful, disrespectful way.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:14 PM
Master
Y shove your beliefs down my throat. It's counterproductive
Old 05-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Time

Unfortunatly these arent "beliefs", they are truths through evidence. Ignoring truth, is more counterproductive IMO