Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 10-10-2021, 05:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
VERY true.

Here is a commentary anyone can find online:
Eckhart is not keen on anyone trying to describe God because words are human, they diminish the divine
and quickly become ridiculous - like saying God is ‘good’
Saying God is good was one of my Mums (RIP) perfect remedy to everything Any of life's ups and downs would turn out ok because God is good..... Bless Her.
Old 10-10-2021, 05:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
What was before the Word? The Gospel of John states, in the beginning there was the Word, but what was before the Word? What is before a thought and what is after a thought?

You know the answer.
Lovely to have you back , yes I do know, or think I know
Old 10-10-2021, 05:12 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Lovely to have you back , yes I do know, or think I know
Thank you! I've been here all this time, reading posts and seeing the development of this forum.
Silence, sky123, Silence :)
Mother Teresa's quote: Silence came before creation, and the heavens were spread without a word.
Old 10-10-2021, 05:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Thank you! I've been here all this time, reading posts and seeing the development of this forum.
Silence, sky123, Silence :)
Mother Teresa's quote: Silence came before creation, and the heavens were spread without a word.
Participating I mean, I know you have been reading Posts, I noticed you hiding in the corner Silence is golden, sometimes....
Old 10-10-2021, 05:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Participating I mean, I know you have been reading Posts, I noticed you hiding in the corner Silence is golden, sometimes....

Yes, hihi, I've been on a journey within and still am.

You have said it right.

BTW, from hearing of your mother's quote, she was one of a kind, not many in this world have this perspective upon life, ultimately we are the maker of our own realities so why not choose the best and highest? She had that kind of awareness.
Old 10-10-2021, 06:09 PM
Quote:
What was before the Word? The Gospel of John states, in the beginning there was the Word,
but what was before the Word?
Good to have you back, my friend!
I would say the exact same thing that is within an apple seed.
Exciting stuff...that can help blow a person's mind.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-10-2021, 06:16 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
attempting to make the incomprehensible comprehensible. .....
The labyrinth of language eh lol.

That can be expressed more accurately. God of course can be experienced or known. The word comprehend is defined as: to grasp mentally; to understand. The word understand is defined as: perceive the intended meaning of (words, a language, or a speaker.) And of course the definition of perceive is to become aware or conscious of !!!

God is not incomprehensible. However, God in reality is an experience and basis of being. The core of our being and all things. God is not an object. The experience of God cannot be divorced from God itself. To "know" God is to experience God. God is not a concept of God.

But then this is true for everything. The concept or word is not the thing. The idea or thought is not the thing. Perception and experience comes before the conceptualization of it, the putting of it into language or a symbolic form.

"When I preach, I usually speak of detachment and say that a man should be empty of self and all things." Eckhart

When we are empty, God fills that space. God is comprehensible, but only as what God is. God is reality as it is. Not what we pretend reality is.
Old 10-10-2021, 07:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
The labyrinth of language eh lol.
"Therefore be silent and prate not about God, for whenever thou dost prate about God, thou liest, and committest sin. If thou wilt be without sin, prate not about God. Thou canst understand nought about God, for He is above all understanding".
https://www.ellopos.net/theology/eck...rstanding.html
Old 10-10-2021, 08:31 PM
AbodhiSky

Here's a nice quote by Eckhart on that subject.

"I have also often said: knowledge and intellectuality unify the soul in
God. Reason falls into pure Being. Knowledge runs in front. It runs
ahead and breaks through..."

Eckhart - German Sermon 3, DW 1:48.8–49.2
Old 10-10-2021, 08:43 PM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
I've never heard of Meister Eckhart. I will go read his wiki page. It's such an amazing time to be alive! All the information of this planet one click away!
Imagine being one with 'The Great Thought' that has manifested itself as the creation and all therein?