Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 21-01-2013, 11:40 PM
Jhearts

cold air

Hello, I am new to the forum. When I was a child I could see and hear spirits. They never spoke to me but I often heard them moving around. As I got older it stopped happening and I chose to go on with my life as if it never happened. I avoided nurturing or even acknowleging the spiritual side of my self out of fear of the unknown. Never the less I still had encounters but they were more subtle, more like gentle nudges in a certain direction and a sense of peace at times. I believe what I felt at those times may have been the presence of my guides. I have also sensed other things including some that have frighten me but that's another post.. anyway over the past few months I have felt a need to reconnect with my true self. What a revelation it has been! Things are finally starting to make sense like the final pieces of a puzzle being placed. I know ithere is so much more to discover and understand but I excited about taking the journie. But what I really feel I need now is reassurance. I still feel I am being held back by fear and I am unsure about how to protect myself. I have tried to connect with my guides but where to even start? I am hoping if I can build a stronger connection with them I will feel more supported. The only idea I have is to try and reach them in meditation.there was one time when I felt a cool, gentle breeze brush against my hands. Other than that I have not been very successful. I am hoping others can tell me what helped them to strengthen the connection with their guides early on? Any other advice from others that have been in my situation would be appreciated. Thank you ( : P.S. is long I am new to this (:am new and ha
Old 23-01-2013, 06:04 AM
Ascender
Hello. I just came across your post and I can relate to it a lot. I to had gifts long long before I even knew what a guide was or what a shadow was doing in mid air. I had all sorts of gifts but many vanished due to me not having a understanding and also stress/depression.
I already had a very strong connection to my guide even at the young age of four. I believe we all have a connection to our guides but rather how strong and deep it is, is based mostly on the relationship you two have already. Such as my main guide and I share a grate deal of time and lives together even was my husband in one life I think. So of cores we would have this very strong love for one another. But if you guys just happen to know each other or simply agree to being your guide you will need to build up a relationship. Now keep in mind not every one will meet their guides at first and some times not for years because it is also if the feel you need or if it would be good for you. If they feel you should seek out an example an angel then them then you may not see them.
Here is some tips I give to you from my own experiences and lesions that I learned.
First is faith. You must have faith that you will meet him or her and that they are with you. If you have little faith in your self or them then you will creat blocks and that will weaken and decrease the ability for them to communicate. This is also very important if you wish to have your abilities.
Strength is the next on my list. It's one thing to believe but if you do not hold the strength you will find it harder to keep up the faith and also your protection. And I'm not talking about physical strength. I'm talking about your heart, your self and emotions.
Next I would say is to work on meditation and your energy. Such as chakras and so forth. Meditation played a big key in opening my third eye as well as having some one on one time with them. I remember I picked a candle that represented my main guide. I wrote his name on there and a little prayer to help us connect. I would lite it every time I meditate or when I felt the need. It is also fun to do this with them and certainly helps with the connection.
The next you can do is get some tools. Don't rely on them to heavenly but seems like you wanted to accomplished what I did and that's to get connected with your guides and your abilities. I suggest a quartz crystal point. One that is a good size that is easy to hold. I have one and held it in my right hand on my fourth finger with my thumb. I did this twice a day for a little while during my meditations and that REALLY did help me. You can get other crystals and books if you like. But I never used a book. I might have read a little such as on here but never used a guided book to meet my guides because I strongly believe that each of us is unique. Though the book maybe a good tool I recamand you finding your own mediations and ways instead of coping after a book. Makes it funner and much more personal.
Last is just be patient. Your results may not come imedeatly. Just keep up the strength and faith and you should be good. This is like building a house. We don't want to get impatient and skip the mapping and just build. It wouldn't be strong or sturdy.
So just remember this is based off of my own experiences. I do wish to help you the best I can. So I do hope this shed some light. Remember also, we all will have unique and personal expectancies based on not just our beliefs but also how open we are. Try and not be to narrow minded, you may block something really special.
Old 23-01-2013, 06:56 PM
Jhearts

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and sharing some of your wisdom. I will try all of your suggestions. Thanks again.