Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 19-08-2018, 11:04 AM
Master

Why do Christians kill flies?

One cannot help thinking that something, somewhere, has been misunderstood. It does, after all say in Genesis that God created everything and told those who were able to understand to be fruitful and multiply.

Something most of us have been doing gleefully in our own ways.

He also, in the ten Commandments tells us not to kill.

In short we can say that everything is according to God's will and that he alone is the creator. His will, according to the Bible, is to be done.

Nevertheless we Christians kill. We actually prefer to kill people who live in the Middle East. Especially those who don't obey and take umbrage at being bombed and burned. Although at a pinch Russians and Chinese folks would be good targets should the need arise. We are not of course quite sure if killing these people with bullets, bombs, Agent Orange, atom bombs, poisoned gases, and all the rest are part of God's plan and if he so will. Just to recall - He said 'Do not Kill'. But we'll press on somewhat.

There are plenty of baddies, criminals, murderers, rapists and their ilk in prisons and jails all over the world - we hang them, poison them, electrocute them, torture them, and starve them. These actions are of course all for the best. They reflect the love we have for outcasts and misfits.

But now, in this hot weather we are all busy killing (for instance) wasps, hornets, mosquitos and flies. Surely these are all God's creatures and we shouldn't be doing it. He goes to a lot of trouble to get them on their feet and into the air and we go to a lot of trouble to destroy his handiwork.

What right have we to do this? Can anyone tell me?
Old 19-08-2018, 11:19 AM
Master
We don't have the right. All humans can be dumb. According to what you're saying about not killing anything ever in the context you mentioned. Even if you're a vegetarian your killing something. Even if it's just a carrot. I am not a huge Christan type of person but I do understand the nature of all things living. It's not right kill for sport. No matter what your hunting. Also ever think about how many people mosquitos killed? When talking about the middle East. Civil Wars have been going on there seemingly forever. They want control of the "holy Land". It's all out of greed. It's unfortunately a weak point in human nature. Another thing is one person blaming the other for the bad things happening so wars happen because of it.
Old 19-08-2018, 12:53 PM
Roger Wilco

I never kill flies they are way to fast and don't do you much harm
If I try the are so fast they take off do a small circle and back to land
in a split second

and you know the saying 'if god wanted us to kill flies he had made us into
chameleons'

a few days a stinging type fly landed on my hand was a beautiful black green one
I could have killed it , they are not fast , but just waved it off , why kill it ? it wont return
but just fly off , no point really to do that
Old 19-08-2018, 01:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
One cannot help thinking that something, somewhere, has been misunderstood. It does, after all say in Genesis that God created everything and told those who were able to understand to be fruitful and multiply.

In short we can say that everything is according to God's will and that he alone is the creator. His will, according to the Bible, is to be done.

Nevertheless we Christians kill. We actually prefer to kill people who live in the Middle East. Especially those who don't obey and take umbrage at being bombed and burned. Although at a pinch Russians and Chinese folks would be good targets should the need arise. We are not of course quite sure if killing these people with bullets, bombs, Agent Orange, atom bombs, poisoned gases, and all the rest are part of God's plan and if he so will. Just to recall - He said 'Do not Kill'. But we'll press on somewhat.

There are plenty of baddies, criminals, murderers, rapists and their ilk in prisons and jails all over the world - we hang them, poison them, electrocute them, torture them, and starve them. These actions are of course all for the best. They reflect the love we have for outcasts and misfits.

But now, in this hot weather we are all busy killing (for instance) wasps, hornets, mosquitos and flies. Surely these are all God's creatures and we shouldn't be doing it. He goes to a lot of trouble to get them on their feet and into the air and we go to a lot of trouble to destroy his handiwork.

The OT is full of violence, rape, pillage, slavery etc: so ' Some ' Christians are just doing what they are taught. Lot's of atrocities happen ' In the name of God '

I personally would never kill anything but we do need to be sensible for hygiene reasons to eliminate some kinds of creatures that can cause diseases and serious illnesses on this planet, It's a difficult decision to eliminate some creatures but we can't have our Hospitals, Homes, Schools etc : overun with vermin.
Old 19-08-2018, 08:39 PM
Experiencer
Quote:

No, the commandment is
לא תרצח
Do not murder.
Old 20-08-2018, 01:44 AM
Master
I can only assume the main topic of this thread isn't because someone is really upset because they think ONLY Christian's kill insects. But the person who started this thread probably saw some negative news thread and got all emotional.
I hate all the evil things people do just as much as you do! But by adding more hate to the fire is only going to make things worse. Hateing other groups just because there different than you..... Is really the problem your stating. Think about what you're really doing and saying. your making a bad situation worse. You really want to see a difference stop the hate.
Old 20-08-2018, 04:50 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO
No, the commandment is
לא תרצח
Do not murder.

No it isn't. In the Bible -God's word - it says do not kill.
Old 20-08-2018, 05:05 AM
Master

Quote:

I guess you just try to stir controversy ... Flies spread disease. Microbes, viruses, pests need to be ... killed too. You're maliciously wrong in your depictions about the Middle East, and civilized society's treatment of criminals.

You can't advance spiritually promoting falsehood and fabrication!

I suggest moving this thread to an appropriate forum.
Old 20-08-2018, 05:08 AM
Master
Quote:
No it isn't. In the Bible -God's word - it says do not kill.

“You shall not kill” is actually not a command found in the Ten Commandments. The command from scripture in the original language actually says “You shall not murder” (Exodus 20:13). The Hebrew word for “murder” literally means “the intentional, premeditated killing of another person with malice.”
Old 20-08-2018, 05:42 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
I can only assume the main topic of this thread isn't because someone is really upset because they think ONLY Christian's kill insects. But the person who started this thread probably saw some negative news thread and got all emotional.
I hate all the evil things people do just as much as you do! But by adding more hate to the fire is only going to make things worse. Hateing other groups just because there different than you..... Is really the problem your stating. Think about what you're really doing and saying. your making a bad situation worse. You really want to see a difference stop the hate.

I realise that the question poses an impossible quandary, and rest assured it is only to read the responses that I posed the problem. I have personally no difficulties with emotions and feel that asking questions tends to remove hate rather than add. Nor do I suffer under any sort of illusion and think that only Christians kill insects - I was merely referring to the ten commandments which already - according to the small number of replies to this question seem to be losing their face value.