Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 09-05-2016, 12:34 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
it's not "selfish" to be considerate of your own health.
follow your intuition and do what feels right for you.
that's my thinking

Thanks H:O:R:A:C:E
Old 09-05-2016, 12:41 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianalexanderr
An act of love is just the opposite. You see, to seek love externally is to imply you are separate from the love you wish to feel.

However you cannot commit a sincere act of love, without being love. You cannot give what you don't have - thus a genuine act of kindness, a gesture of love for the sake of love (without expecting the kindness to be returned) shifts our dynamic regarding love - we become our own source.

Give love not out of motivation to receive love, but because you are love.

Yes ianalexanderr, I see what you mean. I will have to think a bit more on this. Good food for thought. Thanks
Old 09-05-2016, 12:45 PM
Knower

Try it ;)
I believe regardless of how the conscious self is used to expressing love, our body automatically responds by becoming its own source of love through the physical act of service.
Small example: I do this often when the house gets dirty. I can either clean and make it a chore. Or I can clean as an act of love to my wife.
I can sense that it does something by the way I feel afterwards. I Feel greater calm, patience, peace - all such qualities you would associate with unconditional/selfless love.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:32 PM
Pathfinder

A really random thought, Terra... You are grieving people you've lost, and because of that you are finding love a difficult thing. Sometimes, as ianalexanderr pointed out, serving others is an act of love, and therefore helps us love ourselves.

Were there any charities or organizations that were close to the hearts of those you've lost? Maybe volunteering for something like that, or making a donation in the name of one of your loved ones, would help.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:30 PM
Master
First...love & blessings all...a very nice thread, and helpful to many

Terra...I think the advice about honouring your grief and being compassionate and loving toward yourself are key. Being present with love for yourself and your grief is so key to lessening the weight of pain in your heart. Reaching out to your higher self and to your guides for direction and affirmation is key.

Likewise, giving to others can help you to heal, by connecting you to others and surrounding yourself within a circle of kindness, love, and gratitude. Receiving the love you are through others as well as through yourself is equally healing.

Love from others and love from yourself are beautiful and are all key to healing and living and being. Love does not distinguish or have biases. Those are only what we impose...to say internal versus external is better or worse. All are love and ideally the channels are open everywhere.

Channels can be obstructed, or they can break or crack from grief and loss. Repairing the channels within requires that love be present to whatever needs healed. From wherever the presence of love may emanate, to wherever the presence of love is needed. For best results, we need all sources everywhere, and that begins with our own love for ourselves and also for others in our lives, both near and far.

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 09-05-2016, 08:32 PM
Master
A last word from me, TT - listen to your inner guidance, and trust that voice. It's great to talk it out and listen to different perspectives, but you know deep down what's right for you
Old 10-05-2016, 08:14 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
First...love & blessings all...a very nice thread, and helpful to many

Terra...I think the advice about honouring your grief and being compassionate and loving toward yourself are key. Being present with love for yourself and your grief is so key to lessening the weight of pain in your heart. Reaching out to your higher self and to your guides for direction and affirmation is key.

Likewise, giving to others can help you to heal, by connecting you to others and surrounding yourself within a circle of kindness, love, and gratitude. Receiving the love you are through others as well as through yourself is equally healing.

Love from others and love from yourself are beautiful and are all key to healing and living and being. Love does not distinguish or have biases. Those are only what we impose...to say internal versus external is better or worse. All are love and ideally the channels are open everywhere.

Channels can be obstructed, or they can break or crack from grief and loss. Repairing the channels within requires that love be present to whatever needs healed. From wherever the presence of love may emanate, to wherever the presence of love is needed. For best results, we need all sources everywhere, and that begins with our own love for ourselves and also for others in our lives, both near and far.

Peace & blessings,
7L

Thanks 7luminaries

Since asking this question, I really have received such amazing wisdom from everyone. You have reiterated what many others here have also said...that opening myself up to the flow and exchange of love through helping others can perhaps bring me back into the flow of love.

This is definitely something I'm going to gear myself towards now. I was given some great suggestions earlier to keep the space of love open....this has been a great help. Also, it was suggested to me to speak to my lost loved ones as if their love is still all around me...this has been profoundly helpful.

So, I guess the next step is to encourage this heart space further and re-enter into the flow of giving and receiving with a sincere heart.

Again, so much precious advice here. It helps enormously.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:19 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
A last word from me, TT - listen to your inner guidance, and trust that voice. It's great to talk it out and listen to different perspectives, but you know deep down what's right for you

Thanks A human Being

Thanks to your support and also the support and wisdom of everyone here, I feel I now have the confidence to follow what's right for healing my heart.

I honestly can't thank you and everyone else here enough. I hope one day, if you ever find yourself in need, that you will also find such wisdom and support to guide you back.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra Tourist
Thanks A human Being

Thanks to your support and also the support and wisdom of everyone here, I feel I now have the confidence to follow what's right for healing my heart.

I honestly can't thank you and everyone else here enough. I hope one day, if you ever find yourself in need, that you will also find such wisdom and support to guide you back.
You're welcome, and I'm glad that the thread's brought you some comfort I know in the past I've also found solace on these forums, and it's reassuring to know I have a place I can come to for support and guidance
Old 10-05-2016, 01:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianalexanderr
Give love not out of motivation to receive love, but because you are love.
true. there is no initiation required; it is established.
the recognition, through feeling its truth is what's important.
a pause between inhaling and exhaling is a natural thing.

blessings, H:O:R:A:C:E