Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 27-02-2015, 01:17 PM
Master
Learning is always a big thing in any incarnation I think. I mean, you incarnate to learn lessons, right?

But I was definitely here for a reason...a purpose. To 'wake up' so to speak and reset old bad habits and karmic issues that had built up over the lifetimes and getting my soul in touch with it's divinity again.

I'm still working on that, but it's slowly getting a bit brighter. There's still a lot of emotional garbage to sort through though.
Old 27-02-2015, 03:38 PM
Master

I am 61 years old and feel as if I have climbed insurmountable obstacles. I'm on the other side of the hardest part.

I've learned so much in this lifetime. As I look back I am so amazed and so proud of myself. I have a lot of scars but all of my wounds have healed. And I don't regret a thing.

Now I have health issues. Another learning experience. To not take for granted what I put in my mouth and to learn to love the physical side of me. This is smooth sailing compared to what I have already accomplished. My health issue is celiac disease. Once I adjusted to this new lifestyle I can say it's a piece of cake (gluten free of course). Tho I have my ups and downs, for the most part I am good and thankful.

Greenslade, it is difficult for me to think in terms of what I contribute to others. I just put one foot in front of the other. I think to consider how I interact with other could do two things. Number one, I'd pick at the negative things in what I do. Number 2, my head would swell up with unhealthy egotism. I'd just as soon keep my nose to the grindstone until I reach the end of the road.

When it is time for my life review then I can know how I impacted other people.
Old 27-02-2015, 03:47 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Astro, she is a Christian woman and I've known her for 20+ years. Her standards were ingrained in her by her very biased parents and her church.

I intentionally omitted her religious beliefs because I did not want this to be a thread based on Christian standards, good or bad.

No problem, just sniffing around!

Achievement, in a sense, is something imposed on me by my parents, so that's how I made the link with your friend.

And on that note, I have failed over & over to live up to those expectations, so I have little in the way of achievements. Although having said that, I think there is more inside of us than we are always aware of.

What I recognise as being worthy achievements are all spiritaully based. Being able to meditate without thought, breaking through to communicate with my spirit guide, recognising my animal guides. I feel that future achievements will grow from this as well.
Old 27-02-2015, 06:44 PM
Master

Astro, the goals I have achieved were not goals I made while incarnate. My life has not been focused enough to consciously make a list of goals. One mud ball was thrown at me after another. I was the victim of circumstances. But now that I am older and look back, I see it was a divine plan. All is good.

I think it is wonderful you can meditate that well, and communicate with your guides and are familiar with your animal guides. I can do none of those. But that apparently was your divine plan.

Isn't life wonderful?
Old 27-02-2015, 07:38 PM
Master
Read this this morning which is almost twenty years old now.

Acheivement in a material sense isn't a dirty word though one would think so reading through all these replies and I can see the same level of misunderstanding that this chap is writing about being applied in the spiritual world as we all distance ourselves from materiality.

Now I'm not trying to wave a flag of idealism here and I totally get that leading a less temporal life is good for us all but we still all live in a material world so where and how we do that doesn't have to make achievement in a material sense a dirty and loathsome thing.

In a very real sense diminishing material achievement just because it's material is a selfish and ego based thing and alike the article it's because of a mythology within spirituality that debases materiality.
Old 28-02-2015, 12:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
It's like Miss H said, accomplishment is a funny word. It's unnatural, compared to just being ourselves and enjoying life. There's nothing to accomplish, unless you make that the goal of your experiences.

Yeah, i get what you're saying. I enjoy exploring but i don't do it with the idea of trying to accomplish something. But if someone where to ask me "what have i accomplished?" That would be my answer.
Old 28-02-2015, 09:24 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Greenslade, it is difficult for me to think in terms of what I contribute to others. I just put one foot in front of the other. I think to consider how I interact with other could do two things. Number one, I'd pick at the negative things in what I do. Number 2, my head would swell up with unhealthy egotism. I'd just as soon keep my nose to the grindstone until I reach the end of the road.

When it is time for my life review then I can know how I impacted other people.

'Contribute' and 'negative', there are words that have their own curiosities. I don't think of it in those kinds of terms, I can't be anything other than myself warts and all and in the interaction things are just the way they are. Admittedly there's a human part that likes to recognise - recognise, not be egotistical about - the difference I've made to others that is part of the Journey to Self. Accomplishments and contributions fade away into the distance to be replaced by the wonder of touching another Soul, that while the Universe and eternity is so expansive it's not much further than my own back door.
Old 28-02-2015, 02:11 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Astro, the goals I have achieved were not goals I made while incarnate. My life has not been focused enough to consciously make a list of goals. One mud ball was thrown at me after another. I was the victim of circumstances. But now that I am older and look back, I see it was a divine plan. All is good.

I think it is wonderful you can meditate that well, and communicate with your guides and are familiar with your animal guides. I can do none of those. But that apparently was your divine plan.

Isn't life wonderful?

Well, I have found life to be spirit crushingly tough & soul destroying! In hindsight, the clue's suggest that I was only ever going to walk the path that I have...

It's nice to know that you've climbed your mountain, that makes me happy. If feel your sense of self worth & empowerment, two very important qualities to have in my opinion. You have a strong spirit Linen53/Deb, God bless you
Old 28-02-2015, 08:55 PM
Master

Mr Interesting, I don't think materialism is bad as long as the head and heart are in the right place. That statement is only true to me and my values. I cannot tag another soul with my standards.

If someone is out to make lots of money and step on whomever they have to to achieve that goal, then I say that is their path and I do not judge them. They have different things to learn than I do.

Greenslade, I have to use caution. I can be very arrogant at times and to keep that in check I try not to focus to much on all of my accomplishments. I am PM'd occasionally with a compliment and I truly appreciate every compliment I get, but I keep my eyes on the horizon.

Astros, it has been a perilous life for me as well. But the rewards are so great, I cannot regret a thing I've been through. But I sure wouldn't want to go through it a second time

I am humbled by your compliment. If I can say anything, it is that there is hope. Hope of reaching our goals.
Old 01-03-2015, 01:57 AM
Suspended
Thank you Linen.

Yes I know what you mean. I'm not coming back again unless there's going to be cake at regular intervals!