Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 02-12-2012, 08:33 PM
peacegarden

Interesting topic. Man I'm so sensitive that I'm a mess. I don't know much about psychic attacks, but I do know that there is an unseen and largely unknown energy battle constantly going on within society that has a tendency to crush sensitive people. We're hungry ghosts for energy.

Most of us harden to it at around 8 years old and grow harder, some don't seem to as much.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
I would like to see the Astrological birth charts of people who suspect they are HSPs to see if there is any correlation...

I think I am probably a HSP but I also see a lot of inclinations toward such in my birth chart...

if anyone wants me to look at their birth chart please let me know

Yes if you want to see mine.. bit of an indigoish.. will PM you..
Old 02-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegarden
Interesting topic. Man I'm so sensitive that I'm a mess. I don't know much about psychic attacks, but I do know that there is an unseen and largely unknown energy battle constantly going on within society that has a tendency to crush sensitive people. We're hungry ghosts for energy.

Most of us harden to it at around 8 years old and grow harder, some don't seem to as much.

I agree with you , that's why in years too come there will be energy lessons taught in schools . Hopefully not in the far distant future .

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:21 PM
skeptical

I am HSP and an empath. There is a test you can take to find out if you are HSP and lots of ways you can deal with overwhelm, including ways for energy to not be so overwhelming. In my signature is my board, and on it are links about HSP including the test. This thread, http://funhsps.niceboard.org/t2267-d...-are-all-about which is open to nonmembers has lots of information that you will find helpful.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:33 PM
Humm

Most spiritual people are highly sensitive - by definition.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:55 PM
Super Moderator
Well I had never heard of this trait until just now when I read this thread.
I answered "yes" to every question except the last one. My answer would have been "shy in early years, but not later in childhood"
Bu I am happier in myself nowadays when reclusive. I like other people, I like being invited out, I stand up well to a certain amount of noise, etc, ....but cant take too much of it.
My sense of smell is very unusual too. It's not "normal" for a Human. Forgive my plain-speaking but when I'm on a walk I can smell all kinds of scents, I can smell where animals have peed, and not only that but can smell whether they are fit and healthy or not, whether they are old or not. On a wild hillside I can often smell the scents of food coming on the wind from dwellings (I presume!) which are completely out of sight. I am knocked almost sick by most peoples' perfumes, but oddly, adore wood smoke and tobacco smoke, especially pipe-smoke!
Old 03-12-2012, 02:35 AM
skeptical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Well I had never heard of this trait until just now when I read this thread.
I answered "yes" to every question except the last one. My answer would have been "shy in early years, but not later in childhood"
Bu I am happier in myself nowadays when reclusive. I like other people, I like being invited out, I stand up well to a certain amount of noise, etc, ....but cant take too much of it.
My sense of smell is very unusual too. It's not "normal" for a Human. Forgive my plain-speaking but when I'm on a walk I can smell all kinds of scents, I can smell where animals have peed, and not only that but can smell whether they are fit and healthy or not, whether they are old or not. On a wild hillside I can often smell the scents of food coming on the wind from dwellings (I presume!) which are completely out of sight. I am knocked almost sick by most peoples' perfumes, but oddly, adore wood smoke and tobacco smoke, especially pipe-smoke!
I share your sense of smell....except with tobacco smoke! 0.o I love strolling in the woods and enjoying all the subtle scents and spending time in the kitchen. My home is free of artificial scents, scented products, soaps and cleaners. It's hard to spend time in homes where these are used heavily such as a get together in a space full of scented candles, air freshenrs and perfumes.

I don't require much reclusiveness but I always did find some quiet alone time every day throughout my life to recenter and recharge.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:10 AM
sesheta

I am highly sensitive, too...I answered yes to most of those questions, too - except the violent movies/TV thing- those don't bother me, because I know they're not real
Other than that....yes I find I do get overwhelmed by things - mainly crowds and noise. Over the years, I have noticed that I tend to get "tunnel vision" when I'm in a crowded/loud environment - I pull so far into myself, trying to block out everything else, that most times I won't even hear someone calling my name or talking to me, until they actually walk up to me and get my direct attention!
It really is about learning to shield yourself, and grounding....
Old 03-12-2012, 05:03 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz
I agree with you , that's why in years too come there will be energy lessons taught in schools . Hopefully not in the far distant future .

Hi, why do you call this energy? I would call it telepathy.

3d
Old 03-12-2012, 06:17 AM
Master
Funnily enough I'd surmise that I was the definition of a HSP when I was younger but definitely don't conform to it now... but I'm still very sensitive. It just that now the focus is there when I need it... or it needs me. No longer am I an antenna set to full up on all channels and requiring of drugs to keep me subdued.

So I can see why it would be useful to train people with sensitivities in how to bring them into line with the world we live in... 'cause the world ain't gonna change to suit us... or is it?

But maybe that's part of what being highly sensitive is all about. Learning how to make the world fit us as opposed to waiting for the world to change.

I'm somewhat cynical about stuff like this and will always default to the saying what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. When sensitivities are tied to toughness... well, what might be better for us all?