Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-10-2011, 08:55 AM
1being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Hiya NS

I do that whole body thing every night....that was my first exercise. Took about half an hour or so...and then I lay there for the next two hours twiddling my thumbs.. not literally I might add

do you feel "fully-formed"... as if you're "ready" now?

here's my path in arriving at the thought:

relaxation. okay, i get that.

then... what? you're relaxed, but just ... like that? and sort of ...

i don't know what you put your energy into (besides putting energy INTO RELAXING). maybe i'm confused. once you're relaxed... then what?
Old 20-10-2011, 08:58 AM
Master
Squishie..there's something to be said for hard yakka (active physical work) during the day I guess. I have no trouble falling to sleep at night with exhaustion LOL
Old 20-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1being
i don't know what you put your energy into (besides putting energy INTO RELAXING). maybe i'm confused. once you're relaxed... then what?

I imagine a big volume control button in my head and slowly turn the volume down. What normally happens is dream sequences start revealing themselves in my field of vision and I'm able to 'step into' those dreams fully conscious and awake.

It just wasn't happening the other night...I couldn't get the volume down.
Old 20-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
Squishie..there's something to be said for hard yakka (active physical work) during the day I guess. I have no trouble falling to sleep at night with exhaustion LOL

I can't do active physical work (the disability). That's probably part of the problem. My mind is over-compensating for the lack of activity in my body...and going at 3,000mph. LOL.
Old 20-10-2011, 09:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
I can't do active physical work (the disability). That's probably part of the problem. My mind is over-compensating for the lack of activity in my body...and going at 3,000mph. LOL.

Yes I realised that. I wasn't being insensitive Squish, just saying that perhaps you might need to find another compensation to help your body feel tired?
Old 20-10-2011, 09:22 AM
Suspended
I understand NS.
Old 20-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Master
I have different ways of doing it, some of which have already been said, but recently I have found it helpful to bring my attention to my 'higher mind'. I have no idea if there IS such a thing, but if there is, it seems to me to exist about a foot above my head. What I notice is that when I bring my attention to my higher mind, in that moment, thought stops and I become very very present. The reason is that the higher mind is essentially a 'seer' of where we are going, and the thinking mind works out the 'how' to get there. So when I bring my attention fully to the higher mind, the noisy thinking mind shuts up for a while. That doesnt mean that I can then see where I am going, though there is a sense that where I am going (and actually where we are all going) is good. And then because there is a feeling of goodness about where we are going, I am able to appreciate the right now.
Old 20-10-2011, 09:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
I have different ways of doing it, some of which have already been said, but recently I have found it helpful to bring my attention to my 'higher mind'. I have no idea if there IS such a thing, but if there is, it seems to me to exist about a foot above my head. What I notice is that when I bring my attention to my higher mind, in that moment, thought stops and I become very very present. The reason is that the higher mind is essentially a 'seer' of where we are going, and the thinking mind works out the 'how' to get there. So when I bring my attention fully to the higher mind, the noisy thinking mind shuts up for a while. That doesnt mean that I can then see where I am going, though there is a sense that where I am going (and actually where we are all going) is good. And then because there is a feeling of goodness about where we are going, I am able to appreciate the right now.

But does that help you to fall to sleep andrew?
Old 20-10-2011, 09:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
But does that help you to fall to sleep andrew?

No. Perhaps I should have said that. It possibly has quite the opposite effect because I do it sometimes when Im feeling a bit tired and want to feel extremely awake.
Old 20-10-2011, 09:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
No. Perhaps I should have said that. It possibly has quite the opposite effect because I do it sometimes when Im feeling a bit tired and want to feel extremely awake.

hahahaha...dont use it Squatch