Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 21-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Master
Are you a believer that the world is God?

Old 21-07-2011, 09:42 AM
AngelicOrin

To some extent yes, my view and belief is that God as a individual deity as a father-like creator...the Earth itself is a mother Goddess, the two of them creates everything on Earth - essences of life. That is why he is unknown, silent, merciful yet not...God is many things yet one, and so is the Goddess.
Old 21-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Master

The world isn't God but was created by him. Its existence reveals a little bit of his power and wisdom.
Old 21-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Eudaimonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker108

No.

It is enough for the world to be the world. Tacking on the label God doesn't add anything useful for me personally.

eudaimonia,

Mark
Old 21-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Time

The world created us ( in our understanding), so yes... hence "mother earth"
Old 21-07-2011, 02:57 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker108
Well I think God is Everything that Was, Everything That Is, and Everything That Ever Will Be. The Alpha and Omega. So yes.
Old 22-07-2011, 01:30 AM
Master
No, the world is not god, the world is what IS, god is is just a concept applied to what IS, to believe that the world is god is to reduce what IS to a mere thought, this thought separates what IS into a dualistic concept, that is you and god, you being the believer and god being the world, take away you, take away god, and there you have what IS, but don't now get caught up in the what IS, there isn't even that.
Old 22-07-2011, 02:47 AM
mattie

How We See The World & The Universe

This depends on how one thinks of God. For me, the male parental deity micromanaging our lives is an ancient passe concept.

Changing Ideas About God- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...49240#poststop

If one considers the energies we call God the Universe, the world is part of the Universe, as are we. Interconnected. Being part of the Universe isn’t being the Universe, but it is OF the Universe, inextricably connected. The Universe manifesting in many ways including the world & us.

While the ideas that world is God & we are God aren’t exactly correct (90% correct), needing a bit more definition they are MUCH more correct than we & the world being separated from God (2% correct).
Old 22-07-2011, 03:09 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
No, the world is not god, the world is what IS, god is is just a concept applied to what IS, to believe that the world is god is to reduce what IS to a mere thought, this thought separates what IS into a dualistic concept, that is you and god, you being the believer and god being the world, take away you, take away god, and there you have what IS, but don't now get caught up in the what IS, there isn't even that.
I'm confused and frankly don't understand what you mean by this? God does not have to be separate from us. We are all one. The Universe is God to me. The word God has been so misconceptualized throughout thousands of years.
Old 23-07-2011, 03:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
I'm confused and frankly don't understand what you mean by this? God does not have to be separate from us. We are all one. The Universe is God to me. The word God has been so misconceptualized throughout thousands of years.
Welcome Moke ,you are quite right.