Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 24-11-2017, 05:04 AM
Master
How to be alone

Hello,

I know people struggle with loneliness, but also value solitude, for we are not isolated in our lives, but share a 'connection'. That of us which is alive, that vitality, is of nature herself, so connected to all nature.

In society there is a fundamental construct of what a person is, and as the world moves toward an individualistic paradigm, we build a relationship system which isn'f founded in connection, but founded in the interaction of entirely separate individuals. Hence we can be entirely alone in a crowd, and are even alone in the midst of family and friends - and where our actual aloneness is due to there being no 'other' - our social isolation is due to everyone and everything being other than ourselves.

All that 'otherness' - that sense of disconnection - arises in us as our loneliness - an unbearable isolation. At the core of loneliness is the sense of being unloved, for what is love other than that living connection.

I once heard Mooji say, 'love is the unicity of being' (I like the way he just made up that word) - so to really love is to be alone as it unites one with 'the other'. But that isn't the same as loneliness, where one is apart from - rather than a part of.

Now when it is said that the world needs love, it needs love not in the sentimental sense where I love something other, but in the sense of life's vitality, which is not coming from any other, but pouring from the core of one's being.

We have to feel lonely at times, as I know because I have lived alone for most of my adult life, feeling unloved and feeling unlovable, and I'm pretty sure everyone knows what that is like in their own way, but I also know the outpouring of life, and that all things are seen within love's purity.

Love the world by recognising that the life in yourself is the same life in everything. That's how to be alone.
Old 24-11-2017, 11:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Hello,

I know people struggle with loneliness, but also value solitude, for we are not isolated in our lives, but share a 'connection'. That of us which is alive, that vitality, is of nature herself, so connected to all nature.

In society there is a fundamental construct of what a person is, and as the world moves toward an individualistic paradigm, we build a relationship system which isn'f founded in connection, but founded in the interaction of entirely separate individuals. Hence we can be entirely alone in a crowd, and are even alone in the midst of family and friends - and where our actual aloneness is due to there being no 'other' - our social isolation is due to everyone and everything being other than ourselves.

All that 'otherness' - that sense of disconnection - arises in us as our loneliness - an unbearable isolation. At the core of loneliness is the sense of being unloved, for what is love other than that living connection.

I once heard Mooji say, 'love is the unicity of being' (I like the way he just made up that word) - so to really love is to be alone as it unites one with 'the other'. But that isn't the same as loneliness, where one is apart from - rather than a part of.

Now when it is said that the world needs love, it needs love not in the sentimental sense where I love something other, but in the sense of life's vitality, which is not coming from any other, but pouring from the core of one's being.

We have to feel lonely at times, as I know because I have lived alone for most of my adult life, feeling unloved and feeling unlovable, and I'm pretty sure everyone knows what that is like in their own way, but I also know the outpouring of life, and that all things are seen within love's purity.

Love the world by recognising that the life in yourself is the same life in everything. That's how to be alone.

Yes, beautifully articulated Gem.

Rediscovering myself in my being as feeling very loved, allows me to move with a deeper sense of belonging, so naturally I want to extend myself to the world in this way aware of others/life as one and the same.

I value life and my own in me.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 24-11-2017, 03:15 PM
Knower

Yes.

This is precisely the reason for why I prefer
solitude. It is in that solitude that the feeling
of oneness & love arises in it's highest & purest
form.

The world falls away & I become one with
the Universe. What I find difficult is to then
navigate the world through this state of being
without getting lost in the mirage. I suppose this
has to do with grounding & the emission of
energy rather than absorption.
Old 24-11-2017, 07:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

And in doing this, we're all connected at the core.
Old 24-11-2017, 10:49 PM
Master
i luv livn alon i do just me my 2 cats

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 24-11-2017, 11:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream jo
i luv livn alon i do just me my 2 cats

Hey jo. Your not alone, you have your cats...hehe

I love cats, but I don't have one at the moment.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 24-11-2017, 11:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Hey jo. Your not alone, you have your cats...hehe

I love cats, but I don't have one at the moment.

its grt havin 2 it is

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 25-11-2017, 12:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream jo
its grt havin 2 it is

Two is great, good company for each other too!
I clean house for my niece and her cat is so beautiful. He is so affectionate and when I arrive there, he is so polite instead of going to his food bowl which he is hanging for, he comes to me and loves me for five minutes, with so much affection. Then he goes to his bowl and then comes find me again and loves me for another ten or so. Sometimes I am making her bed and he jumps up and follows my moves to get closer..lol. Its beautiful and funny at the same time..

Old 25-11-2017, 01:52 AM
boshy b. good

We nap the loving if we feel like it. We are good souls if we feel like it,
With And without people. We nap the need of be loved and loving if we feel
Like It. "We nap persuations if we feel like it." "The way we nap loving is
Giving heed To True'ing all what we got. as ours. why not if that feels right."

Emanuel : amen. Do it.

Ask if all the people wori out of vain and it's easy.
Old 25-11-2017, 05:16 AM
Master
I find that being alone in solitude without people around me is different from loneliness. In solitude, I may experience a profound and transcendent connection to All Beings and All things which is what I describe as primordial Love or Oneness. Of course, this can also be experienced when I am surrounded by social interaction as well, but for me, I feel the Oneness more keenly when I am in quiet solitude. On the other hand, loneliness for me occurs when I experience a lack of connection to the primordial Love or Oneness. Regardless of what I might try to fill my life with.. whether it be relationships, material things, adventures, travels, etc... I would still be feeling lonely if I lose my connection to the SPIRITUAL. I think in the world today, people can sometimes alleviate their sense of loneliness by the various distractions that modern technology and superficial interactions/material/ego gratification can provide. However, all those things are fleeting and temporal. Loneliness subsides when one begins to touch upon the ETERNAL SELF; the ETERNAL ONE SELF that has been described by many names yet cannot truly be named. How then will there be loneliness when one can see Oneself in All things and All Beings?

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬