Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-10-2011, 05:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Yes... both...

I'm reminded of those old surrealistic movies where the cosmos all boils down to one point of light,
and zooming through it opens into the everything... the oneness.

Xan

Yes. Cool.
Old 24-10-2011, 12:57 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
AC - that was a brilliant read. Thank you for taking the time to share & give me some great advice.
~smiles and bows~ It just flowed out.
I like it when it does that 'cus I take that as it's coming from deep within like a pure clear spring.
While less flowing words from me are like tap water, still beneficial but tainted in some way.
Still flowing but i can sense the difference.
Quote:
It's amazing how much words interfere in the mind - just incredible. I kind of semi-knew it, but it was really driven home to me last night. As you say AC, we can't seem to help have a running commentary going on.
And perhaps it's because the mind is a thinking machine and it's simply doing what comes naturally to it.
The problem is not that the mind thinks, the problem is when one loses control of said ability.
Quote:
One thing that did work was I replaced words for pictures. So I did a painting in my head...or played tennis...went for a swim...did some sewing. I had to stop myself thinking the colour 'blue' when I was painting.

Replacing pictures with words didn't help with falling asleep, but it was a nice change from the chatter.

I think the more I practise this, the easier it will get. The gaps between words were definitely increasing last night. It was lovely.

I'm jolly glad I started this thread. Thanks to all.
Wonderful to see you experimenting to find your own way, what rez's with you.
My sis in law, my "nurse" upon leaving hospital, we talked about thinking and stuff and she was fascinated that I do not internally see in pictures like she does.

I described it to her like this.
In pondering a topic, I will see a word. As I look at the word, I see it is symbolic of that which it symbolises.
I then look at the word, observing it like a cloud and then in that stillness an infinite realm of words manifests before me.

And from that, without engaging my thinking processes, still just observing, out of this mandala begins to manifest word patterns, connections, tangents, distinct points of reference.

From that huge sea of beauty comes the insights.
I do not know if they are of my creation or I am simply seeing into the infinite oneness databank of information.

My sis in law understood my description but she said she has similar experiences but instead of words, she sees pictures.
To this day, she cannot comprehend how I see "answers" from these words because she does it with pictures.

She simply can't relate to words but can do so with images.

Take language as an example.
Look at very ancient language, it's pictures, not words.

It is said a picture is worth a thousand words.
For me, when I see a word, I very quickly see a thousand words.
Modern language, words, to me, are still pictures\images.
Still other's see what I see through mathematics, I do not know how they do this as I do not rez with numbers.

In your journey Squatchit, in your practices, your experiments, your explorative tests and journeys, observe yourself within the context of it all and that is where you will find what you are looking for.

It's a collaborative experience.
It's not just you and it's not just the path you are on.
It's you within the path you are on.

The practice doesn't achieve the stillness.
You do by observing how you are within the practice of stillness.
Look gently, patiently, compassionately and you will glimpse an oh so subtle flick of an inner switch where you disengage from observing the tree to observing the word tree.

Once you begin to see more of yourself, you gain more self control, which is self awareness\self knowing.
If you come a cross an internal mess, simply lovingly clean it up.