Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 09-06-2014, 10:48 PM
Robalert

is there knowledge about this in yoga?

Some time ago I found an interesting spot in my body. It feels like a 'button', some kind of a muscle that I can somehow squeeze, and as a reaction my whole body starts tingling and I can connect to my energy field very intensely. The place is under my chest, in the middle of the torso, and when I connect to it, it feels like it's rising up to my head. The whole thing is very hard to describe , but I was wishing someone involved in yoga would know what I'm talking about and tell me more about it?

Thank you!
Old 09-06-2014, 11:25 PM
Master
If it's in the soft tissues just under your sternum (breastbone), it's the "solar plexus". It sits below the heart chakra. It's known in the energetic anatomy & physiology systems of traditional India, China, Tibet.

Actually, I've heard more mention of it from sources connected with martial arts, since it's used as a target in self-defense systems like karate and t'ai quan do. Often it's not included in discussions of the chakras, because these discussions tend to skip from the navel-area chakra to the heart chakra.

Personally, I can't tell you much about it, other than knowing that it's a major nerve-center spot. Sorry. Someone with training in traditional Chinese medicine could no doubt say something about it.
Old 28-08-2014, 07:07 PM
Guide
That area is the solar plexus chakra and you are feeling your Prana circulating through your body. This is your power center that energizes all the other chakras. You can learn to activate this just by focusing on it with out pushing on it. When I firm up my core in that area and make my spine erect the vibrations intensify. I would suggest reading up on the chakras and learning to use them correctly. It is important to balance all the chakras in order to have complete flow of your Prana.
Old 28-08-2014, 07:19 PM
Megamedes

I agree that it could sound like the Manipura Chakra. I once had a Yoga Class where our teacher told us to activate that area and stretch it both downwards to our root and upwards to our crown. Though it could also refer to the Samana Vayu, my initial thought.