Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 03:08 PM
dreamer

Does anyone write books?

Hi all,

was wondering if anyone is good at writing longer stories in the style of Paulo Coehlo or Herman Hesse type. I have a few ideas for books but I have a block translating the outline of the story into a fully fleshed out book.

Anyone interested in collaborating?
Old 08-11-2006, 03:23 PM
Deactivated Account
my advice, keep writing even if it is only a line at a time it will come. i'm a writer too but unfortunately too busy, i know we have other writers here who may be able to help you further, don't give up!!!
Old 08-11-2006, 05:05 PM
kundalini

I'm a writer but honestly dreamer, my advice to you is for you to go it alone. From what I have seen of your writing skills they are more than apt for writing book-length material. The only other things you will require is creativity and patience.

K.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:24 PM
cweiters

dreamer give yourself a break, I see no problem with your translation. I feel you relay a very vivid message, like daisy said keep working page by page, bit by bit.

Love
cw
Old 09-11-2006, 01:02 AM
BLAIR2BE

ah yes kundalini, patience is very important to obtain to write a book legnth work. dreamer, with extreme and practiced patience, i believe you can work out the transition from outline to book. oh, and always remember the power of the first draft!!!
Old 09-11-2006, 03:59 AM
Master
lol...thought you'd get out of doing the 'hard' part? hehehe...sorry, I only find it funny because I've been tempted by the same tactic you're trying here. But I believe you know it's a book you should and will write yourself. As everyone else said....write what you can when you can...as in when you're inspired to do so. If just one scene pops into your head...write it down before it slips away. You can piece it all together later. I wish you the best of luck with it!

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Old 09-11-2006, 10:18 AM
Enlightener

Ford

I write scripts for movies that I want to make, I'm a sensationalist, books aren't sensational enough for me...hehe

Dreamer, PM me your work and I will help you with it, if you want.

Enlightener
Old 09-11-2006, 10:29 AM
dreamer

Thanks guys everything you say is right - but i was thinking if we are all one why not use another part of myself to collaborate with another part that would really do a good job. I'm fine with poems and short stories, concepts and stuff but when it comes to describing how a character looks and acts and the chit chat that makes a good book i'm lost (at this moment), who knows maybe a collaboration would help me pick up tips that will unblock that block - kinda like going to a osteopath to untangle the knots in your back? Enlightener I'll pm you the outline of the first story and you can see what you think, in fact I'll just post it on here and anyone can add there two penneth, i'll use a different thread - maybe we could write a forum novel ha,ha - but I want 10% for the idea lol (When monies involved we're not one lol).
Old 09-11-2006, 12:14 PM
dreamer

I've posted my first idea in the books section of the forum under the title "my book idea...any one wants to make this into a book feel free" or something of that ilk. So please feel free to comment.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer
but I want 10% for the idea lol (When monies involved we're not one lol).
rolfmao

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Closed Thread