Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 12-09-2023, 01:23 PM
Guide

The afterlife - who is right science or religion?

I would say neither.The afterlife does exist though.
(Just popped in as I had a spare moment).
Old 12-09-2023, 01:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
The afterlife - who is right science or religion?
I would say neither
My sentiments exactly .
Old 12-09-2023, 03:49 PM
Master

Thanks Starman. I agree with you.

Yes I’ve read what Deepak has said about the God Particle and it does seem to make sense to me. I love that guy and have read most of his books.
Old 13-09-2023, 01:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
"It was interesting that fewer people participated in religion or prayed but more believed in an afterlife," (NBC News)
I have never been able to understand why any sort of afterlife should have anything to do with religion or any other belief system.

As a Swiss philosoph once said, 'being born once is weird, but to be born again could maybe be looked upon as normal'.

There is no reason why the universe (or at least that thing which we call 'the world')should not have arranged itself in such a way that entities filled with the thing we call life/awareness/consciousness repeat their exposure to the world countless times without knowing that such a series or flow is happening.

This would be on the way to explaining evolution and the transferring of knowledge in the sense of a collective unconscious. It would also explain the hierachy observable though time of all kinds of information.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 13-09-2023, 05:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
I have never been able to understand why any sort of afterlife should have anything to do with religion or any other belief system.
Indeed. Presuming that there is an afterlife then it will be there whatever our faith or beliefs.

But there is also the idea that what we experience after physical death, the environment we find ourselves in, depends very much on how we live and what we believe while physically alive.

For example, the person who is firmly convinced that there is nothing after physical death may be very confused to find that they are still fully conscious and very much alive. They therefore conclude that they must still be physically alive, which leads to further confusion because they are completely ignored by those around them (who obviously are unaware of the presence of the deceased person).

Or the Christian who expects to go to Heaven complete with St Peter and the Pearly Gates and the streets paved with gold and everyone singing hymns may find themselves in exactly that environment, surrounded by fellow Christians. They do not realise that such a place is an astral thoughtform created by the expectations of billions of Christians. And they do not realise that there may be far higher realms beyond.

Maybe the best thing we can do is live kindly and let go of all our expectations, being open to all possibilities.

Peace
Old 13-09-2023, 08:09 PM
Administrator
I don't read books and I don't read about Religion or anything else

I follow what I know, from my experiences and from being a medium.

There is an Afterlife or spirit world which ever you want to call it.

It doesn't matter whether you believe in it or not.

Religion or science don't come into it

WE all come from spirit and we all go back to spirit

Namaste
Old 14-09-2023, 02:23 AM
Master

Iamthat…… I couldn’t have said it any better. Totally agree with your comments.
Old 14-09-2023, 08:33 AM
Master

I don't think that Iamthat nor Native Spirit read my post carefully.
I didn't say there is no afterlife. If your belief tells you that there is, so be it.

My question was, and it wasn't hidden - why does there need to be some sort of spiritual entity of whatever sort for there to be an afterlife?

Personally I don't see the need for such a presumption.

Don't forget, and I state this in my own defence and as a person without any belief - I spoke with my father, personally, a few minutes after his death in London - one thousand kilometres away. I also saw my wife in the kitchen a few weeks after her death.

Both of these instances I have reported here on SFs, Neither in these two cases or many other remarkable personal experiences was there an sign of any divine or spiritual intervention - I was always presented with the facts, so to speak.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 09-10-2023, 11:38 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Lockwood
The majority of people in Western countries deny the existence of the afterlife because it is contrary to the scientific consensus. Christians do believe in an afterlife but this is dependent on accepting Jesus as their saviour. Spiritualists believe we all transition to the afterlife as confirmed by the Padgett messages, Robert Hugh Benson/Anthony Borgia, Yogi Ramacharaka, Arthur Findlay & many others. So who is right?
I do not know abt the majority you speak of but religion is man made. I know the yadda yadda that comes from that. But bottom line, spirituality or the source or the collective or ________ <-- there are other ways to say it, but there is the spiritual world.

We here on earth are simply my friend, spirits having a human experience. Being here on earth is very brief. When we die, we simply go back to the spirit world. So the "...afterlife..." is also really "beforelife" as well.

Perspective, C. Lockwood.

Briefly, you (we all) start in the spirit world. Up to 60% of your spirit energy comes here to earth and is placed into a human body. (I can go into more details if you like.)

When we are done here on earth, the percentage of your energy that came with you to earth goes back full to the spirit world.

In essence, you are a visitor here. Here to learn whatever lesson(s) you came here to learn.

Die, then go back.

This happens to us MANY times. This cycling. Chances to learn here on this earth or another earth in the universe. Which is another subject matter.

BC7
Old 10-10-2023, 03:11 AM
Seeker

There are a lot of theories, but nobody really knows. The only way to know what happens when you die - is to die. Then, you cannot tell anyone. So I simply do not worry about it.

I live my life, and try to leave the world better than I found it. I do not sweat the little details, like death.