Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 26-02-2024, 07:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
In the case of the homeless there is a graveside service, prayers are said, etc. I have gone to veterans’ cemeteries when they buried a group of homeless veterans, and there are other veterans there for a burial service, saluting the dead homeless veterans, taps are played on the trumpet, and prayers are said over the grave of homeless veterans. Sometimes the county will announce when they are having a graveside burial service for homeless people, and they invite the community to come out and pay their respects.

I'm glad to hear it.
Old 26-02-2024, 08:27 PM
Master
I agree that funerals, regardless whether it is cremation or burial, are for the living to pay their respects to those who have passed, but rituals are very important to life on many levels. Animals perform rituals, so does insects, the planets move around stars (The Sun) in a ritualistic motion.

Rituals are very important to our inner life; the ritual of meditation or prayer, ceremonies like weddings, the dating ritual, national patriotic rituals, rituals on holidays and holy days, sports rituals, religious, spiritual, and cultural rituals, and yes the ritual acknowledging those who have died. Most of what human beings do on a daily basis is a repetitive ritual.
Old 26-02-2024, 09:25 PM
Master
I remember being in one place for a few days in which they were doing an out door cremation. The person being cremated was an older woman. The cremation went on for several days. The part I found amazing was the resins they had impacted her body with, put forth a beautiful, fragrant smell.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 01-03-2024, 08:10 PM
Seeker
i will undergo cremation and be buried in the unknown grave of the earth. gives me comfort in that my ashes will feed the earth and the trees. so an unknown grave for me.
Old 01-03-2024, 08:36 PM
Administrator
I know of people who wish to be Cremated and their Ashes buried by a tree.
some people also want their ashes to be scattered in the sea.
I have seen this happen and they say a prayer before they do it.
When my friends mother died the minister giving the service was slow he kept going on and on,
I had to put my head down and stifle my Laugh because she was standing behind him trying to wind him up to go quicker the music at the end was by

Status quo rocking all over the world I couldn't help but laugh she was still behind him she lifted her skirt up and was shaking her nobble knees in time to the music.

Namaste
Old 02-03-2024, 02:41 PM
Master
One of the great legends of my land was Wyatt Earp who was cremated. The person who was writing his biography, returned to his home and handed his wife the container that held his ashes. She went in to a rage because he left her with just about nothing. She threw the container against a wall and his ashes poured out. The story claims the two of them were able to retrieve most of Wyatt's ashes and the rest of the ashes got swept out the door on to the front porch so as to be scattered in the wind.

...... what an 'ending'.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 02-03-2024, 08:55 PM
Administrator
Lol I heard that before my friends sister was cremated and she wanted her ashes scattered on the mountain.
when they took the ashes it was a calm day,
as soon as they went to scatter her ashes a gust of wind blew the ashes in their faces.
my friend was stood there open mouthed and a load of ashes flew into her mouth
she always said she ate her sister

Namaste