Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 12-11-2015, 09:53 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
The worst symptom -beyond warmth -was terribly, torturously -broken sleep. That came on suddenly and I did not expect it. Nothing had prepared me for it. Life became very difficult. Sometimes if I was lucky, I got 3 hours' sleep. If I was blessed, I got 4. No matter how much physical work I did, the sleep was horrible.
The broken sleep is horrible, I was not expecting this either! And then the heavy periods, it’s no fun at the moment. Can’t wait for this whole circus to be over. I am really done with it, I don’t know, but nature has really made a mistake here, such a waste of energy every month.
Old 12-11-2015, 09:57 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepsoul
I think mine is starting too ELVISLOVER my flow is much less and severe depression and just cant move ,i have cfs so when this happens on top im a wreck ,my hubby is studying acupuncture ,he says it is not a disease but a natural occurence and that accupuncture can help ,hope he can treat me soon...hope your feeling better soon...
Thanks same to you, this really sucks!
Old 14-11-2015, 02:04 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepsoul
I think mine is starting too ELVISLOVER my flow is much less and severe depression and just cant move ,i have cfs so when this happens on top im a wreck ,my hubby is studying acupuncture ,he says it is not a disease but a natural occurence and that accupuncture can help ,hope he can treat me soon...hope your feeling better soon...

Your husband is right. It isn't any kind of disease, it is quite natural....unfortunately even when (like me) there is a completely open willingness to sail through menopause with no issues except maybe getting a little warm now and again (that's what I always imagined anyway!)....hormones kicking up a storm throw unexpected rocks on your path!
It must be much harder when there is chronic fatigue to cope with as well. My kindest thoughts to you Deepsoul.

I couldn't wait for the menopause. I was looking forward to it! I never did like the 3 days pain every month. So when it started all the sleep issues took me completely by surprise. Not everyone gets that by the way.

Anyway I am glad I chose herbal remedies, and the acupressure.
Yes your husband probably makes a good point. Acupuncture may help a lot.

One great thing....it passes. It doesn't feel as if it ever will....and then suddenly it does. I now sleep healthily and normally and the hot flushes are long gone. Being a Crone is very similar to the way I felt in some ways when I was younger than 14 years old, pre-puberty.
Old 14-11-2015, 07:14 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
One great thing....it passes. It doesn't feel as if it ever will....and then suddenly it does.

Good to know.
Old 14-11-2015, 08:49 PM
Master
Thanks Tobi for the support and the Hope for us all ...

To feel like a kid again well I cant wait ,and I know Im going to make it ,I just love life so and the big birthday book,based on numerology says my 60s and 70s will be the best time of my life ,heres looking to the future, Love...
Old 15-11-2015, 12:40 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfGirl
The broken sleep is horrible, I was not expecting this either! And then the heavy periods, it’s no fun at the moment. Can’t wait for this whole circus to be over. I am really done with it, I don’t know, but nature has really made a mistake here, such a waste of energy every month.

Yes I did a lot of bleeding too as my menstrual cycles drew to a close. There were a couple of scary times when I went to a doctor....and nothing worse was wrong with me than "menopause".
I was mindful to keep eating well; good nutritious food. And kept my spirits up. It did eventually pass.
So long as you are certain there are no serious issues going on, checked by a gynaecologist....Nettle tea (stinging nettles)will certainly help. Nice and strong. And eating nettles in soups, or as a vegetable (lightly steamed.) Nettles can help stem bleeding.

It's possible that Agnus Castus will help, but only a qualified medical herbalist would be able to advise.
Old 15-11-2015, 03:56 AM
Master
Is it normal to go the other way too ,less bleeding, I know Im not ovulating, well not the usual signs of it, maybe its just cause of the cfs?
Old 15-11-2015, 04:28 AM
Master
Things that have helped me a bit...

Dong Quai - a Chinese herb.
Red Clover.
Soya products - particularly, tempeh.
Linseed and Evening Primrose oil

...and getting one of those gel mattress protectors that draw heat away from the body.

All the best with this.
Old 15-11-2015, 09:11 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELVISLOVER
Help! I just turned 46 in September, I've been feeling really crazy, very heavy cycles, heart palpitations, sluggish, very cold during the day, very hot at night, sex drive is way down from say 3 months ago, feelings of loneliness, is this menopause starting, any ideas on how to deal with this?

My Sympathies. Huge sympathies.

I find it a very strange one, I'm a year on from you and have had weird and isolating experiences. Isolating as although they are natural, they are not widely talked about.

My body temperature has gone up significantly. I used to be a cold thing and now I'm mostly hot. I don't get night sweats but notice that I blush very easily, and if I get hot I can't cool down. It makes it really hard at work as we have some cold creatures in the office.

For the temperature, I take Black Cohosh but I think that affects my moods as well so not too much.

For the moods I take Agnus Castus and Avena Sativa. Avena is derived from oats so porridge would be a good call?

I have a stack of good iron supplement for the really heavy periods or the ones which go on and on and on ... and then some.

I can't advise on sex drive, to me that is a relief really as I'm single!!

I'm also having acupuncture. this is a bit of a luxury but it is time for me and it supports my body through the process.

One thing I would say, I take all my remedies as tinctures. I'm very sensitive and the hormone imbalance is very sensitive. With tablets, you have the amount you are given. With tinctures, you can take one drop or several depending on what you feel.

I absolutely refuse to go the medical HRT route. But that is a choice.

The thing I do find is I'm going very deep within - that's the only way I can describe it. This is the age of the "coming of the crone" and the crone is a badly used word, but it is the morphing of the female nurturer into the wise woman and so look for your wisdom and strength as a woman. It should be a time of celebration as we make this transition, same as when we come into our fertility.
Old 15-11-2015, 09:13 AM
Master

Note: this is what I take - each person has to do their own research.

I'm also withdrawing from the agnus castus and avena - just going with what I feel. The black cohosh, I take "as and when".

Each person should find their own way, there is lots of advice and support out there, so look for what resonates.