Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 15-07-2014, 05:13 PM
Deactivated Account

Crystals are sentient?

So okay, I haven't used any crystals yet, although I have my first one coming in the post.. I guess I will know when it comes. But a lot of you say crystals are sentient and they talk to you and stuff? It sounds kinda weird..

If they really are sentient then I can see why such good care needs to be taken.. but how does this work? How can rocks be conscious to such an extent?
Old 15-07-2014, 05:54 PM
Experiencer
@ScarlettHayden

My stones do not simply talk at or to me.. thou pendulums have suggested their names etc upon usage. If you're unsure about all this then why did you simply order a stone online etc without any prior knowledge of what your getting into.. granted if you are in a location that has limited resources which stones are not readily available to you.. I would have started by actually getting involved wit nature.. exiting the door and finding those stones/crystals in your own back yard.
My sister in-laws home (upon exiting the back door) is full of Unikite. While a friend of the family yard is full or Caramel Jasper.. clearly there are stones around you..which you can use as tools or testing your skills before you make an unseen purchase.
Do not view my comments as a put down, merely suggesting that you can do this without much effort, unless your wheel chair bound but even thing I have seen those in wheel chairs create attachments to actually pick up the stones once found.. One system I helped create.
Old 15-07-2014, 06:05 PM
Master
Everything is energy, us included. We are energy forms 'captured' in a body of flesh and blood, crystals are energy forms 'captured' in crystal/rock. Both have their own means of communicating etc., based on the form they're in.
You won't necessarily really speak with a crystal, for most ppl it's just knowing or sensing something or a feeling you get, or a sudden inkling to do something, or not do something etc.
It's not like you hear a voice in your head saying 'do this or don't do that'. It does work that way for some, but as far as I know, not for most.
So just open your heart for your crystals, so you are aware of any feelings/sensations etc.

Ultimately we are one with all that is (including crystal beings). Sometimes you can truly feel this, absolute blissful moments! Some can hold on to this state of being for long periods of time. Guess that's what Tibetan monks try to achieve.
Old 16-07-2014, 10:15 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneWhisper
@ScarlettHayden

My stones do not simply talk at or to me.. thou pendulums have suggested their names etc upon usage. If you're unsure about all this then why did you simply order a stone online etc without any prior knowledge of what your getting into.. granted if you are in a location that has limited resources which stones are not readily available to you.. I would have started by actually getting involved wit nature.. exiting the door and finding those stones/crystals in your own back yard.
My sister in-laws home (upon exiting the back door) is full of Unikite. While a friend of the family yard is full or Caramel Jasper.. clearly there are stones around you..which you can use as tools or testing your skills before you make an unseen purchase.
Do not view my comments as a put down, merely suggesting that you can do this without much effort, unless your wheel chair bound but even thing I have seen those in wheel chairs create attachments to actually pick up the stones once found.. One system I helped create.

Someone recommended me to them.. and my HS has been nagging me about buying one ever since. I think I was supposed to get Blue Kyanite. I feel at peace now since buying that.

Anyway, I suppose one should research first, but I trust my intuition so I don't mind learning as I go along. I didn't think about the stones in the garden thing.. what energy does a stone hold though?
Old 16-07-2014, 10:17 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Everything is energy, us included. We are energy forms 'captured' in a body of flesh and blood, crystals are energy forms 'captured' in crystal/rock. Both have their own means of communicating etc., based on the form they're in.
You won't necessarily really speak with a crystal, for most ppl it's just knowing or sensing something or a feeling you get, or a sudden inkling to do something, or not do something etc.
It's not like you hear a voice in your head saying 'do this or don't do that'. It does work that way for some, but as far as I know, not for most.
So just open your heart for your crystals, so you are aware of any feelings/sensations etc.

Ultimately we are one with all that is (including crystal beings). Sometimes you can truly feel this, absolute blissful moments! Some can hold on to this state of being for long periods of time. Guess that's what Tibetan monks try to achieve.

Okay thanks, I know what you mean. It's just like tuning into nature then :)
Old 16-07-2014, 10:38 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
what energy does a stone hold though?
To understand what a stone or crystal can offer you.. one must focus inward within themselves while holding the stone/crystal.. In other words.. and as this forum has shown.. everyone has their own opinions on what a stone can or can't offer any said person at any given time.. I know what My crystals do for me (us).. now is your chance to see what one can do for you.
I'm assuming you've saved my blog page.. the transfer of blogs is nearly completed.. thou I grow tired today.. and will write on the marrow.
Old 17-07-2014, 10:11 AM
Master
Non-gemstones, as in stones you find in your garden or in the woods, do have energies. But then you have to discover yourself what that is, as it won't be in any book.
When I was in Wales a few years ago, we ended up on a Menai Strait beach. Suddenly I saw something glistening in the water and I saw a stone. It was calling me, but I neglected it as my partner at the time had walked on. I hurried to catch up with him. But I kept feeling that stone, it really wanted to be with me. So on our way back I almost ran to it, picked it up and it was beautiful! I took it home with me and it is very dear to me.
It has blue/grey and white bits in it. I've seen a lot of white quartz in Wales and I know some of the Stonehenge stones come from Wales. There's a lot of history and energies in Wales from the old days.
So far I've never really sat with it to communicate. It likes to be close to my steatite (soapstone) skull that is strongly connected to water and the Selkies. His name is Selkie :) This skull was carved by someone else, I asked her for a piece of the steatite he was carved from, as I felt I needed to carve a dolphin out of that, to go with the skull. And I did.
My Welsh stone likes the company of Selkie and the dolphin :) I sometimes put them outdoors next to my little pond. All resonate well with my yellow calcite tumble and yellow calcite dolphin, so they form their own little group with their own particular energy.

This is my Welsh stone:

This is Selkie, the yellow calcite, the Welsh stone, an aquamarine and the dolphin I carved myself

I also got some small pebbles that I found in the woods, alongside the road or wherever, and the other day I noticed a small one in a gravel path. I felt drawn to it, so I just picked it up and took it home with me.
Most of these end up in my fairy garden. I got pieces of tree-bark there that I use as bowls for these pebbles :)
Old 18-07-2014, 02:01 AM
Night Owl

Yeah...totally. Everything in nature is alive and has a spirit/deva that we can communicate with ....plants, crystals...So yeah just like tuning into nature. You will usually find you will be drawn to a crystal because the crystal chooses you...It 'speaks' to you. I can aquire a crystal in this way without knowing it's properties and once I get a bit of general knowledge about it's properties and reflect where I'm at in my journey, I understand better why it chose me. & then by working with it through intuition, I get to know the crystal (or stones) individual spirit and it's medicine...

Be hard pressed to find a crystal in your garden in the Uk! I found some very small quartz crystals on some cliffs once when visiting my twin flame, I'd like to have them put into a piece of jewellry or something. Some stones other than Gem are great, but to many I reckon would be like living with the flintstones or something. When my eldest son was three years old he came into the house with a stone saying "Here mum a heart with love for you" ...lol... It's a white stone in the shape of a heart, I still have it with my Crystals... it has a lovely energy. Hes sixteen now & I'm lucky if I get a hug some days! On the beach once I was drawn to a stone with a hole in the middle so I took it home...I later found out it's something called a hag/Odin stone...A witches stone....said to be protective & healing amongst other things...

I don't think you need to understand Crystals before you aquire them, if our intuition draws us to something it does so for a reason. Intuition is it's own type of knowing. Some people have alot of knowledge, & some have Wisdom.

@FairyCrystal, what did you use to carve your dolphin?
Old 18-07-2014, 08:32 AM
Deactivated Account

Love the Welsh Stone Fairy Crystal, I can see why it called you now.. it's calling me too!

Anyway, nice to read everyone's experiences with rocks. I decided to try this yesterday with a rock with fossils in it that we picked up from the beach years ago. It's been sitting outside in the garden ever since. So I put my had on it and attempted to tune into it and a couple of seconds later I had a strong reaction in my sacral chakra. Interesting really. Didn't think a rock could do that. So I'm even more interested to see what my kyanite will do now when I get it.

Yes.. I feel it definitely spoke to me.. after trying that out with the rock I know (even more) that I made the right decision with buying it. Always trust my intuition...
Old 18-07-2014, 10:02 AM
Master
@ NightOwl, wonderful to find a witch stone like that!
Totally agree with what you're saying about connecting. Works the same way for me.
And indeed there's a big difference between knowledge and wisdom.

I've carved the dolphin with a Dremel (rotary tool) with different sanding bits. Used mostly the more rounded ones. I've also carved a pointed skull and a dragon skull with it. I was working on a third one, but the Dremel stopped working I think it's full up with dust.
A Dremel works on steatite (soapstone), selenite and I believe alabaster as well. (Depends on the hardness of the stone). Harder varieties like quartz, require different tools. If you decide to give it a whirl, do wear a mask (available at DIY stores)! And make sure you don't do it in the living-room, as the dust is unbelievable. They make talcum powder of soapstone and carving soapstone (or selenite for that matter) is like a talcum powder explosion. I did the carving in the garage, where my partner kept all his tools. He was not amused haha. The garage had floor tiles, and with the greasy soapstone dust, it got slippery, as in dangerously slippery! Cleaning up was a nightmare. But it was worth it!

@ Scarlett
Quote:
I can see why it called you now.. it's calling me too!
You can not have it!!
(chuckle)

You sense anything in particular from the stone?

Maybe there's one waiting for you on the Menai Strait beach
I always call it 'my own little piece of Wales'