Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Energy Work

Old 02-03-2014, 09:49 PM
Hermes

determining imaginaion from chi

Can anyone give me pointers on whether I am feeling my imagination or chi? I feel a static feeling sometimes and sometimes a warm feeling in my arms as I do qigong. I can bring this feeling back via will of mind. It is different each time I do it. Can anyone please help me with examples of imaginary sensations and the difference between them and real chi?
Old 02-03-2014, 10:32 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermes
Can anyone give me pointers on whether I am feeling my imagination or chi? I feel a static feeling sometimes and sometimes a warm feeling in my arms as I do qigong. I can bring this feeling back via will of mind. It is different each time I do it. Can anyone please help me with examples of imaginary sensations and the difference between them and real chi?

Chi, being life force, can make you feel these feelings. However, I do not have an explanation as to why you only feel this in your arms. Your heart chakra could be weak and this could also cause the sensations you experience during qigong. Qigong strengthens the fourth chakra and thus could be doing just that during your sessions.

When you connect with Chi it is a feeling all over the body, it is like a wave of sensations that cannot be described in mere words. When it happens you can truly focus on the air around you. You can sense the vibrations of every living thing in your presence. You will know when you truly connect to Chi. There will be no question because of the overwhelm sense of knowing, feeling, experiencing.

It sounds like you are on the right path and I wish you well. I hope that my observations have been helpful.

Peace and Light,
SC
Old 05-03-2014, 03:35 AM
Master

well what you sense is not imagination - imagination comes in when you try to understand things without having enough information. Invariably you make pretty stories about whatever you are doing... Chapter one of the Tao Te Ching is an expose about the relationships between choosing names for things and the subtlties in existance about those things.

In my view some feelings that aren't chi are just as relevant as chi.

But specifically, I have been led to believe by some Tai Chi books that chi flows along the meridian which is the center of the chest and the middle of the top of the head and the center of the back. Kind if in a circle along that meridian... probably when you get this going you can have it pool in the lower abdomen (where the dan tien is). And I would imagine you can extend it out into the arms and legs.... it might be a warm feeling, I don't know, so you may be feeling the effects of it in your arms...
Old 05-03-2014, 04:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermes
Sounds like you are feeling the chi. Chi can be experienced as several different sensations (also can be seen). The most common are tingling, heat, or gentle pressure. Traveling sensations are much easier to verify. Look up the Meridian system from Chinese medicine and see if the sensations are following along one of the lines (meridians). These are the ones used in acupressure and acupuncture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoVm5jKX4q0

Link below is a 2D diagram to give you an idea what you are looking for. A 3D model (doll) will make it much easier to visualize.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meridia...se_medicine%29

A video like this might help:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49IkUStBPlM

Keep in mind that the actual meridians are inside the body, not on the skin.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:56 PM
Seeker

Imagination plays a big part in harnessing chi. In a sense, imagination is just as real as anything.