Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 07-10-2011, 09:10 PM
Master
Hey Greg,

You don't have to put yourself into a box that says "I am this". As you go along, you will find your own truth and things that work for you.

zipzip
Old 07-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Elena

Be all of them if it pleases you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg
I'm spiritually confused. I'm a Buddhist yet not a Buddhist, I'm new age yet not new age. What form of Buddhism? I prefer Zen yet I prefer Theravada meditations. What kind of new age? I love it yet it's full of charlatanism. I'm also an agnostic too. I don't know what the hell I am. I'm intensely spiritual but with nothing to go by, I' in turmoil because of it.

I was Russian Orthodox then came to America and switch to Roman Catholic. For a while I was non-denominational and now I have no religion. I am spiritual person myself and have been exploring other religions for few years. I feel most at piece when I belong to no specific religion and have my own rituals I have been adapting slowly but surely. You are an individual and if you think you are strange or weird then “world would not be fun without weird or different,” that is what my aunt taught me.
It is possible you will never have exact answer you seek but enjoy the journey as much as you can. You know what you could do go to a book store and go to the new age section like I do and see what book you are drawn to. It has been working for me. At first I could not understand why I bought some of the books. I was reading one after another and was getting answers from all even though most of them did not relate. But now I am putting pieces to a puzzle together and slowly but surely it starting to make sense.
Good luck in your endeavor and remember sometimes it is a test of how hard you are willing to work for the answer. Patience is the key!!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2011, 11:00 PM
Ascender
Quote:
...I suppose it's just another part of my ego needing to cling to something to have an identity...

is it our ego that makes us cling to something, or is it, our environment that tells us that "we gotta pick one", whatever it is, there sure seams like alot of pressure on people to pick something.

mj
Old 08-10-2011, 01:40 AM
Aesop

You are everything; yet you are nothing.

Don't wrestle with the truth, but let the truth wrestle with you. It will come. It will come.
Old 17-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Master
Quote:
I'm spiritually confused. I'm a Buddhist yet not a Buddhist, I'm new age yet not new age. What form of Buddhism? I prefer Zen yet I prefer Theravada meditations. What kind of new age? I love it yet it's full of charlatanism. I'm also an agnostic too. I don't know what the hell I am. I'm intensely spiritual but with nothing to go by, I' in turmoil because of it.

Just sharing . You are always you , the one that you MUST understand , the one you must be free off . In Buddhism that I currently understand , Buddhism is a search to understand own awareness like all desire , compassion , emotions , anger , greed , love etc to be free of it by being awake .

Perhaps you should focus on yourself rather trying to live in somebody life .

Buddhism is YOU , YOUR SEARCH to FREE YOUR SELF .

Thks
CSEe