Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 04-02-2016, 06:31 PM
Newbie ;)

Question Who was I?

The topic of past lives has fascinated me as a religious person, so for the fun of it, I'll describe my traits/dreams etc here.

When I was a toddler I had a (out of place) knack for engineering. I'd draw gadgets and their components constantly. When I was 6 or 7, I built my own ''plane'' (that didn't fly though) out of parts I found lying around.

I suffer chronic neck pain and have had a (tender but usually painless) red birthmark at the back of my neck (where my neck meets my hairline). My neck is also extremely sensitive, and I can't stand the feeling of anything even lightly touching my neck area.

I'd have dreams where I'm being confronted by a mob of people, followed by them killing me, and standing on a table with something over my head so I could only see my feet which were tied. Then I'd feel a 1 second drop, followed my my neck jarring violently upwards. In these dreams, for some reason I'm certain that I am a man. Sometimes I'm in a courtroom and a judge is shouting 'guilty' over and over again, and I faint.

I believe I may have been a jewish or perhaps muslim man, I instinctively retch at the smell of pork or similar products and although my family hasn't been judaism for possibly centuries I was drawn to it. Before I even knew my family was sort of jewish I'd defend jews even if nobody else did. I get extremely upset over hearing a Jew being harmed. I'm also drawn to early 1900's America; meanwhile I come from a family residing in Ireland.

Physical features wise, I look mostly like my mother, except I have a lazy (blind) left eye, even though I've had that eye tested and there's nothing that could be found wrong with it.
Old 04-02-2016, 08:16 PM
Master
Debra - on your other thread I put a link to someone that I think you will be interested to learn about. Please look at this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Frank

-Lord Rama to Laxman
Old 04-02-2016, 09:05 PM
Newbie ;)

Apologies, Moon Glow, for I didn't receive new notifications concerning my previous thread.

I'll look into it.
Old 05-02-2016, 02:04 AM
Guide

Although the similarities are striking, it would still be far fetched to think the hanging of a famous man would be this woman's past life. I think that's what takes the credibility away, people want to string theories together from dreams, memories, fears, ect to famous people who are easier to research...and the truth is, there are plenty of regular people unaccounted for who could match these same attributes as what Debra described. She really needs to do a past life regression with a professional to get more accurate results.

This man was accused of raping and killing a child...does the resonate with you, Debra? He was also from Texas. Surely, that would trigger more memories, especially being accused of such a horrendous crime.

When looking at past lives, there is a whole range of things we look over, that are not so obvious, too. Most often, past lives eerily parallel our current life...in more than a few ways that are very obvious and not so obvious.

I have had dreams and small clips of being a dancer, living in a commune and being one of several women who lived together and who were also mistresses of a local empire. That doesnt mean I lived through the Third Republic, during the French Empire. Although its easiest to research, its too far fetched to string together without accurate information from dreams, visions, or a personal regression. Most of the information should come from you...not books, or the internet.

I am not saying this to invalidate anyone's help or suggestions...but you really want to have the truth backed with facts, before you start taking on the karma or guilt of somebody else, unless you can say that you have memories of being accused of this kind of crime or have phobias around these circumstances and it resonates as truth to you. What he was accused of, is not something you can overlook...just because some other things might match up. That's some pretty hefty baggage, guilty or not....dont take it on, unless it rings true to you.
Old 05-02-2016, 02:49 AM
Newbie ;)

Yes, it seems to be a famous case, in America at least. I hadn't heard about it until now. Because it was a famous/infamous historical person, I am skeptical. I don't have any memories to do with a little girl.

I may get around to PLR if I get the free time. Obviously, the past is the past, so while I find it interesting (and I believe in past lives) it isn't something I take 100% seriously.
I have memories (and dreams) of being hanged, but that could apply to many people. I have memories of another house, that was lined with dark green floral patterns on the walls. The floor was a dark wood but mostly covered with fabric or rugs. House was large, and kind of posh looking, with dark, shiny tables. But it did not look like something from this era. More like 1900-1930. I also have memories of streets populated with sort of semi industrial buildings, shops that were composed of darkish red, or dark brown brick.
Old 05-02-2016, 03:40 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebraBlume
Yes, it seems to be a famous case, in America at least. I hadn't heard about it until now. Because it was a famous/infamous historical person, I am skeptical. I don't have any memories to do with a little girl.

I may get around to PLR if I get the free time. Obviously, the past is the past, so while I find it interesting (and I believe in past lives) it isn't something I take 100% seriously.
I have memories (and dreams) of being hanged, but that could apply to many people. I have memories of another house, that was lined with dark green floral patterns on the walls. The floor was a dark wood but mostly covered with fabric or rugs. House was large, and kind of posh looking, with dark, shiny tables. But it did not look like something from this era. More like 1900-1930. I also have memories of streets populated with sort of semi industrial buildings, shops that were composed of darkish red, or dark brown brick.

I just see it a lot, people looking for answers from these cases on the internet and historical famous people or places. It makes me laugh, but sometimes, its not funny....especially when someone is desperate or eager to search for validity or truth, and they use the internet. I learned the hard way...its not always reliable.

One time, I was sick with a range of symptoms. I put them in my google search bar...and guess what popped up over and over....thyroid cancer...scared the heck out of me. No, it wasn't cancer, but for two days...people had to convince me that I didn't have cancer, just because I used the internet to find out what my symptoms meant.

My experience with past lives, is we will have certain things that stay with us, like feelings, memories, ect....dreams and visions often happen at critical times in our life when we are reliving similar circumstances or going through the same trials. Most people do not get the whole story, they get pieces and bits, like you have. A regression or preferably, more than one, would be more beneficial for you since it would come from you. Who else would know your past life....but you, unless someone remembers having one with you and you remember it, too. It might even be hard getting more info. from a regression, sometimes we are only ready or meant to know so much. The river of forgetfulness does well with protecting us from past mistakes.

What is fun to do in your spare time....if you can remember what the house looks like, have a feeling of the era, like you said....is to google or go to a book store, and look at houses from that time. It could show you certain cultures that built those kinds of houses, too. That will give you an idea and something to read about, but as you said, and I agree...use a high level of skepticism. You don't want to get lost or pursue a fantasy...you want an idea of where these feelings, dreams and memories come from...and that could be a life long search, and I dare to say, it could even be DNA memories passed down to you...and not a past life at all. My son has the same birth mark on the nape of his neck that you described.

I have had psychic experiences my whole life, on and off...and its very easy to get things wrong..the night my grandfather died, I had a dream and awake vision or auditory vision...of a funeral and bells, I wrote about it on here. I was terrified because the message was so loud and disturbing....that i thought it was my funeral. I had more information from that experience alone than you do from what you have said....and I still got it wrong. When I see people going down that road, I will speak up and say something...especially when I see their heart is into it. You need to be aware of all your options and keep an open mind when going on this journey...never be quick to judge things, but dont ignore things you know in your heart that are right.
Old 05-02-2016, 02:18 PM
Master
I agree that a past life regression with a professional is the best way to go. I just came across that case and figured I would pass it on, if nothing else, learning about world history cant hurt.

Good Luck and sorry

-Lord Rama to Laxman
Old 05-02-2016, 03:09 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon_Glow
I agree that a past life regression with a professional is the best way to go. I just came across that case and figured I would pass it on, if nothing else, learning about world history cant hurt.

Good Luck and sorry
I am not blaming you, Glow. You did an amazing job accurately lining up Debra's story with facts on this man. You were trying to help...as I said, the similarities are striking. I couldnt have found anyone online or in history like you did. Many people do this, and this is why so many people use the internet to research. I was just pointing out the pitfalls to looking up things online, instead of going within...especially with so much stuff out there that can lead people astray. Oh and nothing to be sorry about, you would make an awesome researcher, investigator, teacher, ect:) And I didnt mean to invalidate or misunderstand your intentions when you shared this research....I did however, read it myself....and I knew that Debra is new at this, and I knew at some point she is going to look at the crime he was accused of....and I knew that if she convinced herself that this man could have been her, that she would blame herself or have to come to terms of what the crime was....when it was most likely not her at all. I would not let somebody jump off that cliff, or get near it, especially someone who is just now exploring these options and is an amateur. I dont want her to turn away from it, but I wouldnt want her to do something that has no benefit to her, either. I would prefer her to look inside herself, and be patient....and any outside work, should come with a grain of salt. I would do the same for you, or anyone else, knowing what I know today.

Last edited by Colorado : 05-02-2016 at 04:54 PM.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:34 PM
Newbie ;)

From what I read on the Wikipedia article his guilt was disputed.

As for DNA memories...well that's just science fiction. I don't remember war combat in Egypt. Nor do I remember being my mother/father as a child..there are tons of nonsense ''scientific studies'' that will say anything.
I recall seeing a documentary video on a boy who was a reincarnated WW2 Corsair pilot. The 'DNA memory' was more often touted by skeptics who couldn't explain it.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:42 PM
Master
Dr. Ian Stevenson has done some amazing work with past lives... check him out.

http://www.near-death.com/reincarnat...stevenson.html

http://www.iisis.net/index.php?page=...lives-research

He was a well respected physician and Chairman of the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Virginia, School of Medicine.

I feel his work is fascinating.

-Lord Rama to Laxman