Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 01-01-2013, 07:52 PM
InFurs

Unhappy Is is normal to meet your past life self?

Okay so I had no idea where to put it, but I decided I'll put it here as the people in the other categories may not share our belief on reincarnation.

I'm a huge dreamer, I dream a lot and I always record them, but I've noticed sometimes I meet my past life self. But the thing is I KNOW it's me - I just know it. I've had dreams of being this person and I get signs in waking life and I just know my spirit guides tell me I'm this person. I'm 99.9% sure.
Anyway, I sometimes meet myself (or just see) in dreams. Usually it's so brief and my past life self always frowns at me or hates me, I'm beginning to think it's a reflection of how I feel about myself. I'm very insecure and I can be intensely self-loathing, the people around me always tell me this.

I've once had a conversation with my past life self but I felt like it was just an image and not really me. And I have met my current self as a little child but again, I felt it was just an image and not really me. Just an illusion.

Is there and explanation to this? Am I right about how it may be a self-reflection? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:15 PM
iolite

Time is not linear, so yes it is entirely possible and probable.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:56 PM
Henri77

Sounds like you've created a tremendous opportunity for growth, by recognizing this.
I'm sure many of us do this , but aren't aware it's a mirror to work with.
Image, whatever... it's still a path to understanding, growth. And a valuable one at that, which many aren't offered, or don't recognize.

Self acceptance, love is immensely important.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:12 AM
Master
I have met myself in dreams, visions, and during OBE. In all these cases both of us immediately recognized our other selves. Its no different than looking in a mirror and realizing its your reflection. Despite any superficial differences, the same spirit resides in each of the incarnations that always resonate when they meet.

In some cases my other incarnation showed up disguised as someone else because they knew it would be funny. There was never any doubt about recognition. I was instantly amused.

In dreams and visions you can also meet symbolic forms of yourself that represent aspects of you. They may indeed be fragments of yourself of merely likenesses.

Personally I would not take any one's word (even guides) about someone you meet being you. If its not obvious, then they are likely not you.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:35 PM
InFurs

Okay thanks everyone for the helpful replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
I have met myself in dreams, visions, and during OBE. In all these cases both of us immediately recognized our other selves. Its no different than looking in a mirror and realizing its your reflection. Despite any superficial differences, the same spirit resides in each of the incarnations that always resonate when they meet.

In some cases my other incarnation showed up disguised as someone else because they knew it would be funny. There was never any doubt about recognition. I was instantly amused.

In dreams and visions you can also meet symbolic forms of yourself that represent aspects of you. They may indeed be fragments of yourself of merely likenesses.

Personally I would not take any one's word (even guides) about someone you meet being you. If its not obvious, then they are likely not you.

Hmm...what I meant by image was perhaps someone disguised as me...but usually when I do meet myself it's like "holy hell it's me! What do I say?"
But thanks anyway, I'll store that in mind.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:18 PM
BlazeOfTheWater

It is normal, I would say you are giving yourself hints on what you need to change in this life.

This is my (psychotic) story, if you can find any help of it:

I do have careers and want to accomplish much, but about one every two days I get very depressed and want to leave everything I know and go someplace. (This is confusing to some) My past life tells me I am from another dimension basically, and I came here to escape that [insert someplace that might be considered swearing]. And it may just be myself telling me to appreciate where I am, but it makes me more depressed (if it's real, and I know it's probably not, making me a psychopath) why I left such a place. I know in that life.

It's also pretty messed up for me, because if you've heard things you like can relate to your past lives, I say I was a warrior because I favor swords and sometimes other knife-like weapons (I'm a girl who doesn't play fighting games, outside of the Legend of Zelda.)
Old 06-01-2013, 09:03 PM
InFurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeOfTheWater
It is normal, I would say you are giving yourself hints on what you need to change in this life.

This is my (psychotic) story, if you can find any help of it:

I do have careers and want to accomplish much, but about one every two days I get very depressed and want to leave everything I know and go someplace. (This is confusing to some) My past life tells me I am from another dimension basically, and I came here to escape that [insert someplace that might be considered swearing]. And it may just be myself telling me to appreciate where I am, but it makes me more depressed (if it's real, and I know it's probably not, making me a psychopath) why I left such a place. I know in that life.

It's also pretty messed up for me, because if you've heard things you like can relate to your past lives, I say I was a warrior because I favor swords and sometimes other knife-like weapons (I'm a girl who doesn't play fighting games, outside of the Legend of Zelda.)

Excellent comment. The reason is still a bit blurry but this helps so so much!
Old 06-01-2013, 09:16 PM
Master

I recently went to where one of my prominent PLs lived and I had strong emotions and characteristics I had not had before.
So I would say, meeting yourself can happen.. but they were already part of you, so I should say certain attributes applicable in that life can be heightened.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:29 PM
BlazeOfTheWater

Thanks, I normally talk with people online, and when I type something, I remember so much. I was on YouTube about a month ago, and the medium said that to remember past lives (and potentially the reason for your behavior) her and her friends play a game where they state one problem they have and the medium asks them why and normally they start to remember. The medium also told a story of a five year old boy who freaked out when the shower turned on, and said in his past life he was Jewish and got gassed in a concentration camp in World War II. Another example was the medium once had this lady come to her, and she was obsessed with looking in the mirror so much it got into her daily life. Turns out, she was a Japanese lady (I forgot the actual name) and if she didn't look beautiful, she was beaten. You can also relate what you like and see if it leads up to your past lives. For example, I always had a thing for swords and the mediums I've talked to on here have said I have a "warrior spark." Another method I tried was, I got some songs(mine where techno songs, but they can be whatever) of different moods, and drew. I, a lot of times, draw different colored roses for symbols of people (friends, lover, enemies) and feel strong emotions of each one.

When you had those illusions, where you confused? I know when I think deep about a past life I get those. To me, it's like many memories from different lives (and some from this one) merging together.

If you want to see the video I was talking about on YouTube, search 'remember past lives' on YouTube and it should be the first result (I can't post URLs yet). The video should be titled 'Sonia Choquette: TIPS ON REMEMBERING PAST LIVES!!!!'
Old 07-01-2013, 03:24 AM
InFurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeOfTheWater
Thanks, I normally talk with people online, and when I type something, I remember so much. I was on YouTube about a month ago, and the medium said that to remember past lives (and potentially the reason for your behavior) her and her friends play a game where they state one problem they have and the medium asks them why and normally they start to remember. The medium also told a story of a five year old boy who freaked out when the shower turned on, and said in his past life he was Jewish and got gassed in a concentration camp in World War II. Another example was the medium once had this lady come to her, and she was obsessed with looking in the mirror so much it got into her daily life. Turns out, she was a Japanese lady (I forgot the actual name) and if she didn't look beautiful, she was beaten. You can also relate what you like and see if it leads up to your past lives. For example, I always had a thing for swords and the mediums I've talked to on here have said I have a "warrior spark." Another method I tried was, I got some songs(mine where techno songs, but they can be whatever) of different moods, and drew. I, a lot of times, draw different colored roses for symbols of people (friends, lover, enemies) and feel strong emotions of each one.

When you had those illusions, where you confused? I know when I think deep about a past life I get those. To me, it's like many memories from different lives (and some from this one) merging together.

If you want to see the video I was talking about on YouTube, search 'remember past lives' on YouTube and it should be the first result (I can't post URLs yet). The video should be titled 'Sonia Choquette: TIPS ON REMEMBERING PAST LIVES!!!!'

Oh my god this is so helpful. I've always drawn or painted aliens and cats - maybe this has something to do with some past lives, I also have this weird obsession with things like life/death and sickness (don't worry I'm not a psychopath or something). I get some memories coming through, I know I haven't evolved much unfortunately, but I think it was because I just never had time to evolve in my prior life.
I think I've seen that video but I'll check it out. Thanks so much. Bless you.