Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 06-10-2010, 01:09 PM
Greenslade

Glad you agree, Amberly and Rosewater. However, if you recognise that spark within yourself - within yourself being the operative words - doesn't that tell you something?

To run alongside with Falling Star, I believe we all have what is called 'Gnosis' Put simply, Gnosis is knowing without knowing how you know. You know how to write because you've gone to school and someone has taught you. Gnosis in this case is like "Yeah, I was an Egyptian princess in a Past Life but don't ask me how I know". And yes, your Guides can obviously help as well - if it's relevant of course. Going down the Past Life route can be a real can of worms - be careful what you wish for because you might just get it. How do you discover Gnosis and how it works? Find your own answers within yourself.

You have to put Past Lives into perspective. Sometimes they'll have a huge impact on this Life and answer so many questions. Other times they'll just put you into a flat spin or lead you down a dark road.

Sometimes, Summerland, there's something that nags away inside you. When that spark of recognition hits you and you can't understand why, or you have these weird thoughts that have no relevance you can find. Sometimes you have to go down that Path to scratch that itch.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:40 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Glad you agree, Amberly and Rosewater. However, if you recognise that spark within yourself - within yourself being the operative words - doesn't that tell you something?

To run alongside with Falling Star, I believe we all have what is called 'Gnosis' Put simply, Gnosis is knowing without knowing how you know. You know how to write because you've gone to school and someone has taught you. Gnosis in this case is like "Yeah, I was an Egyptian princess in a Past Life but don't ask me how I know". And yes, your Guides can obviously help as well - if it's relevant of course. Going down the Past Life route can be a real can of worms - be careful what you wish for because you might just get it. How do you discover Gnosis and how it works? Find your own answers within yourself.

You have to put Past Lives into perspective. Sometimes they'll have a huge impact on this Life and answer so many questions. Other times they'll just put you into a flat spin or lead you down a dark road.

Sometimes, Summerland, there's something that nags away inside you. When that spark of recognition hits you and you can't understand why, or you have these weird thoughts that have no relevance you can find. Sometimes you have to go down that Path to scratch that itch.

I wish that we had an icon for "Namaste" Greenslade. That knowing that you call Gnosis, I have always just called it "Knowing" as it applies to myself. There are things that I know without knowing how I know. It has been that way since I was 5. Fortunately no one told me to stop doing it. A nurse in our apartment building befriended me and would take me to the park and let me watch Tarzan at her apartment. One day we were walking to the park and she told me that she was going to be married. I nonchalantly said, "You shouldn't do that. You will get divorced." She took me back to my grandparents and that was our last outing. However in less than 6 months, they divorced and she moved. So at that young age I learned to listen to those little impulsive thoughts.
As far as my past lives, you know that I started remembering them very young also. My beliefs have never changed, but only have grown as I have grown and I have come to a better understanding. And I do recognize a persons vibration even over the internet, as you do. Time for a PM~~~
Old 06-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Master
true greenslade.. it's just more for confirmation I am very intuitive but doubt I'll ever be able to pin point specifics on who or what I was and am a bit hesistant/afraid to explore the subject on my own . right now only feel drawn to certain events in history but those events ended up giving me some information to put pieces together of why we are here etc more spirtual issues. so i don't know why i'm being drawn to what really lol

Last edited by Roselove : 06-10-2010 at 08:45 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:30 AM
Greenslade

Summerland, I don't know which one of us is looking in the mirror and seeing the other :-)

Rosewater, sometimes the only way you're going to know is to Walk the Path. If that's where your intuition takes you then it's probably something you need to explore. Just out of curiosity, where are you at so far? I really would be interested to know.
Old 13-10-2010, 03:19 AM
incognito1948

Hi, I'm not new but I have recently returned. I have become very interested in past life regression because I understand identifying a past life could help you understand things in this life or eliminate certain problems or habits. I have always been drawn to the west, mostly Arizona, New Mexico area - the rugged terrain of those states. One night I was reading in a book and it said just prior to going to sleep tell your subcon mind you are going to have a past life regression. The only thing I remembered from that night in the morning was a very vivid dream which I believe was a PLR - in it I was a 16 year old American Indian in a tee pee - I had a knife in my hand and there were women and children - I quickly realized we were under attack and I was to guard the women and children. Suddenly a cow boy type burst through the tee pee door with a gun from the old west in his hand - as I stepped toward him I could smell his rank breath and saw the beads of sweat on his face - I then started to thrust my knife into his chest when another fellow Indian jumped on his back and slit his throat - blood shot out all over the ground and I must have woke up then quickly went back to sleep. This was very realistic, not like any other dream I've had so I believe it was a PLR. Any one have any insight? thank you. My next attempt will be through hypnosis.
Old 13-10-2010, 03:36 AM
Virtuality

perhaps astral projection, or you could ask your guides to give you glimpses of your past in your dreams :)
Old 13-10-2010, 06:27 AM
mikron

Wink Some Metaphysical thoughts & Ideas

Greetings SF and indeed this is a good question because it has to do with each and every Light Workers incarnation in this current Life , to Learn from

The Reason most do not remember their past lives has to do with a concept called "Virtue" the meaning can be looked at from many different Metaphysical levels , one way is "To be more of your True self" and an other way to look at this is thought Enlightenment where by Light becomes energized makes life more Intelligent in the choices one makes!

Either way a light worker begins to look at life this way , it's a time to look right NOW and make some better Life decisions! A starting point to this information is to be more Soul like , right now , means that a light worker must strive Physically,Emotionally and Mentally to be a better person on all three of those levels every Day!

Namaste Adoni

Old 13-10-2010, 12:39 PM
Greenslade

Mikron - adoni? That word has my interest piqued.

One of the similarities I've noticed about discussions from Past Lives is the recurring theme of unresolved issues. Sometimes an issue can come crashing into the Life, where we can see the same issue from a different perspective. Hopefully it'll find some form of resolution, if not perhaps at least some kind of acceptance.

Perhaps we shouldn't be asking the reasons for us not becoming aware of Past Lives but the reason we do. One of the things that was discussed on these forums is Parallel Lives, the concept that of there is no time then what we perceive as Past Lives are happening at the same moment we are living this one. If that is the case then doesn't that put a whole new slant on things? For me, if we are living Parallel Lives as opposed to Past Lives then issues that cannot be resolved in one Life can bee seen from a different perspective in this one - and vice versa. I often wonder if I feel the 'leaking' from another Life, does another Life feel the 'leaking' from mine?

While we live in a world of perceived Separation, would this would be a way to show us that we are not so separate after all? If there is another Soul out there who is resolving issues I cannot understand in this Life, perhaps that brings us a little closer to Unity after all?
Old 13-10-2010, 02:11 PM
LightFilledHeart

QUOTE: Mikron - adoni? That word has my interest piqued.

I believe the correct spelling of the word is adonai, and it means, quite simply, God. Example, the quote "Kadoish, kadoish, kadoish, adonai tsebeyoth" means "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God of hosts". Many use the term as a nebulous sign off in purported chaneled messages, but the actual definition of the word is God

Last edited by LightFilledHeart : 14-10-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old 14-10-2010, 08:47 AM
Greenslade

Thank you for that, Light.