Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 11-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Dawn

Lemuria, Atlantis, Egypt - Why the connection?

I've been mulling this one over for a few days now, just letting it roll back and forth at the back of my mind.

I've noticed (with myself and others who've commented about this on threads in the past), that among lots of different times and places and lives, quite a few have had at LEAST one life in each of the places. Lemuria. Atlantis. Egypt.
Now, Lemuria and Atlantis I get. But why is Egypt usually thrown in with that mix as well? What made it stand out so much that those who'd lived in the other two locales would choose to be in ancient Egypt? (All of the modern romantisms about it aside.)

Your thoughts?
Old 11-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Master
It could be that we abused and misused our power yet again and had to live in Egyptian times .

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Knower
I would have thought it obvious myself. Pick up almost any book about Egypt that discusses the pyramids and the sphinx and you would know it is comparable to very few other places in the world. .... but with regard to specifics I have no answer for you.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:39 AM
glpoisson

From what I am able to ascertain from my own past life explorations, Egypt was one of the primary places of refuge after Atlantis sank. Lemurian refugees escaped to the Indian subcontinent though at a much earlier time when their continent sank during earth changes which occurred as the planet wide land movement settled into a stable form.

If I am not mistaken, the Egyptian and Indian civilizations did not go through a period of barbarism-growth-precivilization-height of civilization from what archaeologists and historians are able to determine.

Ancient 'Gods' did not have to be alien to come from outside the societal realm of knowledge and perception.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:21 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn
I've been mulling this one over for a few days now, just letting it roll back and forth at the back of my mind.

I've noticed (with myself and others who've commented about this on threads in the past), that among lots of different times and places and lives, quite a few have had at LEAST one life in each of the places. Lemuria. Atlantis. Egypt.
Now, Lemuria and Atlantis I get. But why is Egypt usually thrown in with that mix as well? What made it stand out so much that those who'd lived in the other two locales would choose to be in ancient Egypt? (All of the modern romantisms about it aside.)

Your thoughts?
I don't mean to imply that you're past life memories are false, or imaginary, but I shall dispense my thoughts upon the matter.

Atlantis is connected with Egypt through Plato's account of it in Timaeus, where it's mentioned Solon learned of the story from an Egyptian priest - and by reading Classical literature one sees the general idea that Egypt is seen as the land of mystery and knowledge by the ancient Greeks (in a very idealized and exotic fashion).

By connecting Egypt with Atlantis, and vice versa it establishes a stronger sense of "ancientness".

As for Lemuria... it was a hypothesis by 19th century scientists to explain the distribution of certain animal species (hence the name Lemuria: 'lemurs'). But plate tectonics has shown it to be an impossibility. Despite it's dubious origins many theosophical writers flocked to the idea and connected it with Atlantis, and by extension Egypt, developing all kinds of fanciful theories about the inhabitants - through their popularization of the continent many new age currents adopted the idea of Mu & Lemuria as being lost civilizations or land-masses and the idea has remained in the public imagination to this day.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:33 AM
Dawn

Topaz, WhiteFeather, Glpoisson, Animus2, thanks for adding your thoughts into the mix!

Glpoisson, you know, when I read this from you
"From what I am able to ascertain from my own past life explorations, Egypt was one of the primary places of refuge after Atlantis sank"
swear to God, it's like a bell rang once in my head. Just "CLANG!". It's like a part of me just suddenly realized something so simple (like hey, grass IS green! The sky IS blue! The sun IS yellow! Duh!!). Not really sure what answer I was looking for when I asked this question, but I guess me on some different level knew this was the correct answer for me from that reaction. ^_^U
It does make total sense.
Also, so true about the "Ancient Gods" bit.

Animus27, thanks for sharing, but I was sorta hoping for something more spiritual-knowledge-based, sorry for not stating that in my first post, it sorta didn't occur to me until after I read your post. (You know, from one's own experiences in the past, since one's own past life memories tend to give one the best insight and answers, rather than modern day movies and recent poems can do.) Not so much strung together myths from our modern times. 99% of the latter just tends to be all romaticized and hooey anyway.
It's true that those who haven't remembered it for themselves are way more inclined to believe the romatized Atlantis (though it's stunning anyone knows about Lemuria since Plato immortalized "Atlantis" and not Lemuria) myth, rather than having actual knowledge of the continent, times, and events.
But hey, thanks for being willing to share what you know.

Animus27
Quote:
I don't mean to imply that you're past life memories are false, or imaginary
Hey, no worries about it. Like a saying goes "If you get to believe in God, I get to believe in Unicorns". I figure as long as we end up being able to leave in peace with one another, no matter what we believe or know or theorize to be true, we're all good. Right?

Old 14-06-2012, 05:03 AM
Guide
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc4B9PGnGtg
Old 14-06-2012, 06:54 PM
JTGAPNewbie

Here's my take:
1. Egypt has been around for over 5,000 years. Atlantis was around for hundreds? thousands? tens of thousands of years? And likewise for Lemuria. Having a past life in each of these places isn't incredibly uncommon if you've had enough past lives.

2. A lot of people here likely have some connection to Atlantis because they were more formidable at developing psychic powers and those powers can be re-developed today.

3. If we're moving into the 5th dimension this past life should be connected to other ones where we practiced magic, healing, etc.
Old 25-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Guide

Ancient Egypt beside others is one of the locations that some of the Atlanteans went to after it fell. They created civilizations at different spots again. So it's a continuation.
Old 25-06-2012, 05:02 PM
sesheta

I've always found the legend of Atlantis fascinating. I think it highly possible that those who managed to escape Atlantis ended up in different places - Egypt being one of them. There is a series of books by Stephen R. Lawhead about the Arthurian legend that has survivors of Atlantis ending up in Britain, which is where that legend started (excellent series - I highly recommend it!)
As a side note, here's a song called "Atlantis":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbHJGVMB-k4