Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 31-01-2024, 05:50 AM
Knower

Channeling my guide through writing

For years, I tried channeling by sitting and getting into a trance state, with no results, so I eventually gave it up.

Then, last year, I realized that the mental image I'd always had of my guide, but never interacted with, might just be an attempt on his part to initiate an interaction.

So I decided to try automatic writing, to see if he'd come through. I started by imagining my guide sitting in a comfortable room with me, and initiating a conversation. I then wrote what I received (the entire dialogue, between the two of us).

It surprised me how fast and how clearly he came through. I was clumsy and awkward at first, and felt like I was just saying dumb things and asking dumber questions, but he made it clear that he's there to discuss anything that concerns me, and I'm not to worry about whether it's "profound" or not.

After a couple of weeks of daily conversations (which were short, and I spent most of my time wondering, "Is this even real, or am I just making it up?"), things really began to click. I relaxed, and it really started to flow and feel natural, like talking to another person would.

I buy those cheap composition books kids use in school, and have been filling one (which is 200 pages) every two to three weeks or so for almost a year now. I've accumulated quite a stack of them. I write quickly, without revising, and my handwriting isn't the most legible, so anybody who tries to read them is in for a hard slog (including me). But the act of writing, in itself, is important, because as I'm conversing with him I get this quick, steady, uninterrupted stream of words washing over me really fast, and writing is how I can pin it down and make it solid—otherwise it's just a rushing babble that I can't grasp to comprehend, and won't remember.

Some days, it's just me checking in with him and telling him how whatever issue I've been working on with his help has been going. On other days, he does most of the talking, and I end up with 11-15 pages of material. The content of what we discuss, who does most of the talking, and how long and intensely we converse really varies.

It's been incredibly helpful because he doesn't let me dwell on problems, or the past. Much of the time, he's like a really good old-school psychotherapist who gently but firmly prods me to examine my thoughts, and dig down into previously unaddressed feelings and beliefs. He makes me unpack my baggage, which is difficult sometimes, but he's also given me some sudden bursts of illumination into my own "stuff" that has really helped shift my thinking for the better.

He also tells me what to read, and what freaked me out most at first was that he'd give me a title and the author's name, which I'd never heard of before, and when I went to look it up, there it was. Sometimes I got spellings or word order wrong, or the title wasn't exactly what I thought he said, but that's due to my own fast and imperfect translations of what he's saying. I get enough information to track down the book, and when I find it I can hear him confirm that's the right one. That was a little spooky the first few times, but it's normal now.

We chat every day, and I look forward to our time together. He's pretty firm, and doesn't let me weasel my way out of my own sloppy thinking or desire to avoid discomfort, but he's extremely understanding about it. He's very clear and precise in his language—more than I tend to be, though I'm trying to follow his example—so there's nothing cryptic or ambiguous about what he says, nothing that needs to be interpreted. He says what he means, and means what he says.

So as a method of channeling, I can't recommend this enough, especially if you've already been living with a sense of your guide being present. It'll be awkward at first, but stick with it; give it a month of daily writing, as an experiment, before giving up on it, because if it's going to work for you, it definitely will within that time. I also recommend continuing to do it as a daily practice. Even when I can only cram in fifteen minutes, it's still a chance to connect, and to strengthen contact.
Old 31-01-2024, 07:51 AM
Experiencer
awesome i relate a lot to what you said i definitely don't go in to a trance state

the thing with me i knew i was not making it up because i didn't know the stuff i was writing and i would not put it that way, more for me was
i was an atheist so, am i going nuts, where is this coming from extra

it awesome just ask questions

its been an awesome gift for me

they "spirit" have totally changed my life and how i view the world, people and the self

i am so happy for you for i would love to give this gift to the world if i could so keep doing it

and yip It's been incredibly helpful because he doesn't let me dwell on problems, or the past. Much of the time, he's like a really good old-school psychotherapist who gently but firmly prods me to examine my thoughts, and dig down into previously unaddressed feelings and beliefs. He makes me unpack my baggage, which is difficult sometimes, but he's also given me some sudden bursts of illumination into my own "stuff" that has really helped shift my thinking for the better.
but for me they do it in a nice loving way

some time try automatic drawing

have fun
Old 31-01-2024, 05:00 PM
Hey, thank you, Wandering Star!!
And vortex I'm glad your advocating therapists, gosh they help us so much.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 31-01-2024, 08:47 PM
Administrator
Guides can make themselves known to us through a variety of ways
mine stood in front of me and told me who he was.
words were not needed.
For myself they have always made themselves known, some by just saying I am so and so.

others see them through meditation or sitting in a spiritual circle.

Namaste
Old 01-02-2024, 05:47 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
And vortex I'm glad your advocating therapists, gosh they help us so much.
haha i don't think i would call them therapists, but yea they helped me so much if it was not for them i would have left this planet long ago
from a dumb dyslexic to i am whole and complete as i am

and the best thing they gave me i know i am truly loved for who i am and i know that and feel it, for me i cant express how that makes me feel inside

i am so grate full to have them in my life every day

ill shut up
Old 08-02-2024, 07:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Star

Then, last year, I realized that the mental image I'd always had of my guide, but never interacted with, might just be an attempt on his part to initiate an interaction.

I love your story wandering star. This is wonderful. My first encounter wasn't with my guides, they are not really the chatty type to be honest. They tend to be more the guidance in that silent way types. They often just say something if it's necessary.

Anyhow I was going through the roughest time in my life and two wonderful angels started to guide me and then I realised too that the best way to talk to them was for me to write. I wrote reams and reams about whatever they were talking about, handwritten and I realised that all that time those two supported me, they picked me up off the floor, they held my hand,pulled the hair out of my eyes when I was sobbing. That's how I learnt that I could hear and connect into spirit, guides and angels.
Old 08-02-2024, 07:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by vortex
awesome i relate a lot to what you said i definitely don't go in to a trance state
Much of the time, he's like a really good old-school psychotherapist who gently but firmly prods me to examine my thoughts

I love what you have shared here Vortex and yes that is exactly how it was for me too. I knew it was not me because I had no idea what they were talking about, also the words that they were using, I had never heard of many of them, had to keep looking them up in the dictionary! That was fun.

As for the therapist, how cool ~ I haven't got that myself. Sounds brilliant though, I love the direction and help in this way. Guess it depends on what we came to learn I think I am meant to be a little bit more independant.
Old 17-02-2024, 06:34 AM
Newbie ;)

Wow, your journey with channeling your guide through writing is truly amazing! It's so cool how you shifted from trying to channel in a trance state to discovering this powerful method of automatic writing. It sounds like once you started, things really started to flow, even if it felt a bit awkward at first.

Your advice to stick with it and give it time to work is spot on. It's inspiring to hear how this daily practice has become such a meaningful part of your life, helping you grow and gain insights into yourself. Thanks for sharing your experience with us—it's truly inspiring!
Old 23-02-2024, 08:48 PM
Guide

It's fascinating how channeling works, but at the same time I'm kinda scared of it..
I've heard too many stories about possession and other scary stuff that can happen
when you open yourself up to spirits..

Last edited by DesertRose : 24-02-2024 at 08:45 AM.
Old 25-02-2024, 09:38 AM
Master

I am afraid as well DesertRose. For that reason I do not want to do it. Perhaps it is because we are not used to it and if we practiced often it would be fine. We would realise there is nothing to be afraid of. I did a lot of astral projection. A lot of people are afraid of it but I am used to it and it is nothing to me.