Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 12-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Master
just to add that flower essences can be great for kids with adhd and also can take the edge off that has been put into otherwise lovely children who don't have an illness. the affect on children is more marked than on adults.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 12-06-2012, 04:23 PM
trappedinabody

Quote:
Originally Posted by necta3
are you saying adhd is a fallacy? and practically everyone here is interested in alternatives to medication.

also how can you agree with anyone onh this? you might find the situation and reasons sesheta finds acceptable for hitting, deplorable, how can you know her mind and situation so well as to validate her?

no i am not saying adhd is a fallacy... and yes of course everyone here is interested in alternatives to medication, hence the location of the thread...

i do not need to know her mind and situation to think that a lil smack on the butt is waaay less harmful than adderol...
Old 12-06-2012, 04:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by trappedinabody
no i am not saying adhd is a fallacy... and yes of course everyone here is interested in alternatives to medication, hence the location of the thread...

read the whole thread. some folk suggest medication when needed, which is of course their right

i do not need to know her mind and situation to think that a lil smack on the butt is waaay less harmful than adderol...

folk try to make it sound so innocent when they say "a lil smack on the butt"...it's hitting...you hit someone smaller than you because you can, making them think the situation is their faulti. and justifying it by comparing it to being better than medication is a cop out in my opinion. in comparison, as i said before, the so-called lesser evil becomes supposedly ok. you condemn adderol to justify violence. what if there were no meds? handy to have something to point the finger at so we can justify stuff to ourself.

how come some folk can get by without either of these? surely a relaxed atmosphere, a diet altered to their specific needs, natural therapy etc is preferable instead of a smack or meds. in fact i would categoreically state that hitting and violence is not a natural remedy for adhd.... and as you said, thats the section we're in. and also that little kid is hyper and possibly aggressive because he/she is ill and needs healing...and where does smacking figure into that? so if adhd is real and that means they personally have no control over, or are they responsible for, their temper tantrums, how on earth can you justify reprimanding them for them?

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 12-06-2012, 06:56 PM
trappedinabody

Quote:
Originally Posted by necta3
read the whole thread. some folk suggest medication when needed, which is of course their right

folk try to make it sound so innocent when they say "a lil smack on the butt"...it's hitting...you hit someone smaller than you because you can, making them think the situation is their faulti. and justifying it by comparing it to being better than medication is a cop out in my opinion. in comparison, as i said before, the so-called lesser evil becomes supposedly ok. you condemn adderol to justify violence. what if there were no meds? handy to have something to point the finger at so we can justify stuff to ourself.

how come some folk can get by without either of these? surely a relaxed atmosphere, a diet altered to their specific needs, natural therapy etc is preferable instead of a smack or meds. in fact i would categoreically state that hitting and violence is not a natural remedy for adhd.... and as you said, thats the section we're in. and also that little kid is hyper and possibly aggressive because he/she is ill and needs healing...and where does smacking figure into that? so if adhd is real and that means they personally have no control over, or are they responsible for, their temper tantrums, how on earth can you justify reprimanding them for them?

yes i have read the whole thread and yes some folks have suggested medicine... not seeing what this has to do with any of the posts i made considering that all 3 of them were against the use of medicine...
and yes a relaxed atmosphere, correct diet, natural therapy would be preferable.
dont attack me because id spank my child before id put him/her on adderol or drastically change their diet. am i not entitled to my own opinion too?
you are taking this in the worse way possible i feel... as posts say below there is not much research on natural remedies for adhd, i know there are also no real tests that will say your child definitely has adhd or vise versa.
if your child begins acting up, how many tantrums does (s)he have to throw before you decide (s)he has adhd? or do you immediately assume so and change their diet and all at the first possible sign?
i do not see a lil smack on the butt as violence. it can be done so to cause no physical harm at all. if it is not working and your child keeps throwing these tantrums and acting up then yes by all means change their diet. anything that keeps them off of these medicines.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Master
Quote:
yes i have read the whole thread and yes some folks have suggested medicine... not seeing what this has to do with any of the posts i made considering that all 3 of them were against the use of medicine...

well you mentioned that everyone was for alternatives to meds, i just pointed out it wasn't so...you brought it up?

and yes a relaxed atmosphere, correct diet, natural therapy would be preferable.
dont attack me because id spank my child before id put him/her on adderol or drastically change their diet. am i not entitled to my own opinion too?

why do you feel attacked? i'm expressing my opinion as you are and we are both entitled to do so...i don't mind you...why do you mind me? why justify it to me? are you unsure? am i making good points or something. to change their diet is not a drastic action, its first base for most and oh how so much easier for the child. if you've had bad allergies you'll know just how much they can affect one's wellbeing.
you are taking this in the worse way possible i feel... as posts say below there is not much research on natural remedies for adhd, i know there are also no real tests that will say your child definitely has adhd or vise versa.
if your child begins acting up, how many tantrums does (s)he have to throw before you decide (s)he has adhd? or do you immediately assume so and change their diet and all at the first possible sign?

obviously if they react up after a meal or a drink then change it regardless of whether they have any recognised illness. if folk live a natural lifestyle, like ecological washing powders, no air fresheners, natural bedding etc you'll cover many bases ipso facto. someone who cares wouldn't be caught up in labels i feel. you live with someone 24/7 i would think you could tune into whats affecting them and why.

i do not see a lil smack on the butt as violence. it can be done so to cause no physical harm at all. if it is not working and your child keeps throwing these tantrums and acting up then yes by all means change their diet. anything that keeps them off of these medicines.

well i do see it as violence. if it does no harm physically, what about emotionally or mentally or spiritually even? to see a big person come at you probably shouting, face contorted cause thats how it is. nobody hits with a loving smile.

smacking is not a natural remedy...obviously, its a no-brainer. there's no change of diet, therapy, herbs or whatever implied in it's use. if you wish to discus smacking as a means to controlling react ups then maybe start a thread in another part of the forum. not saying you should do that or not express it here but it aint au naturelle, period.

hi tiab, i'm not here to berate you or anyone, if my style is lacking then i appologise. you don't seem to like what i've got to say, neither did sybill agree but i felt no friction in that interaction. i'm not better than you. i have an insight into what its like to hyper react and i am older and can speak for thosde who can't understand what they're experiencing, thats all. though i would add that its not surprising that even healthy children react up on todays diet and general enviroment. i actually find it strange that folk here even mention smacking or joining the army and stuff considering the nature of the forum, peace x

Old 12-06-2012, 07:51 PM
Master
this is how white sugar is made, folk give this children for breakfast or a treat even::

Sugar is very interesting. It is the only source of food for the brain, but not in the form we have created in the past century. Raw cane sugar contains up to 14% trace elements, minerals, vitamins, and chlorophyll, all of which are vital. In processing, cane sugar is heated with a lime liquor to extract the calcium and sugar, which destroys all the vitamins. Lime, carbon dioxide, sulphur dioxide, calcium hydroxide, and sodium carbon-ate are then all added. This dead mass is then treated with strontium hydroxide and sent to the sugar refinery. There, it is cleansed with calcium carbonic acid, and dark particles are removed with sulphuric acid and bone charcoal filtration. The final product is then dyed with indanthrene blue or highly toxic ultramarine. This is what ends up on store shelves as white sugar. JD: How does this affect people who consume white sugar? DS: For example, strontium hydroxide is radio active and, the moment you consume it in sugar, the thyroid gland becomes hyperactive and creates in us an impatient manner whereby we develop selective seeing, feeling, and touching, often screening out good influences and letting in negative ones. It also creates a craving for sweets and starch. Germany has done research indicating that intelligence, measured in terms of the mental capacity to think, reason, memorise, etc, is significantly reduced when white sugar is consumed. The incidence of sugar-related diseases has risen dramatically as sugar consumption has increased world-wide Also, white sugar has an atomic density of 98.4 - 99.5, which falls exactly in the range of poisons which, normally, one needs special permission to buy. We should only use honey, pure maple syrup, raw cane sugar, etc.

makes you wonder how even a healthy child could consume that and not be badly affected.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:04 PM
Master
I have to chime in here... smacking a child with a behavioural issue that they have no control over is absolutely unequivocably in my mind USELESS and UNWARRANTED. Just don't.

My son has sensory and other behavioural issues - I do believe they are exacerabated by the foods and additives he eats. I can see it working in him first hand, almost immediately after eating something "dodgy" in fact.

Smacking (on the hand) should only be done in the case of physical harm ie they're going to stick their hand on a hot stove or do something else dangerous.

There are just so many other methods to try without having to resort to the one fueled by frustration on the side of the parent.

And before anyone thinks I haven't succumbed to that frustration, it's not true. I am human and I have had my spanking moments and it kills me every single time because I know there are other ways that are better.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:09 PM
trappedinabody

"well you mentioned that everyone was for alternatives to meds, i just pointed out it wasn't so...you brought it up?"

i meant to say pratically everyone, as i was agreeing with what you had said in previous post. sorry for the mistake...

"why do you feel attacked? i'm expressing my opinion as you are and we are both entitled to do so...i don't mind you...why do you mind me? why justify it to me? are you unsure? am i making good points or something. to change their diet is not a drastic action, its first base for most and oh how so much easier for the child. if you've had bad allergies you'll know just how much they can affect one's wellbeing."

i feel attacked because you are making it seem like i am promoting violence, which i am not whatsoever. i would never beat a child, nor spank hard enough to leave a mark, nor continue spanking when it is obviously having no effect.
and i do not mind you, i dont see how i suggested i was against you at all...

"obviously if they react up after a meal or a drink then change it regardless of whether they have any recognised illness. if folk live a natural lifestyle, like ecological washing powders, no air fresheners, natural bedding etc you'll cover many bases ipso facto. someone who cares wouldn't be caught up in labels i feel. you live with someone 24/7 i would think you could tune into whats affecting them and why."

problem there is children with adhd DONT only act up after a meal or a drink, if that were true you would be absolutely correct. we are talking about children here, this could be a problem that is just beginning to arise so that fact that you live with them 24/7 is irrelevant imo.

"well i do see it as violence. if it does no harm physically, what about emotionally or mentally or spiritually even? to see a big person come at you probably shouting, face contorted cause thats how it is. nobody hits with a loving smile."

im sorry you feel that way. i personally would not shout at my children, THAT would be what causes emotional damage. as for spanking in general causing that kind of damage... as i said before if it obviously is not helping then it should be discontinued and things you suggested should be considered.

i just dont understand how you would so immediately know your child has adhd when they start acting up.
possible adhd symptoms begin at some point, you begin giving your childs bottom a lil smack when they act up to a certain extent, a month or so goes by and the tantrums seem to be getting worse, the lil smacks obviously are having no effect, this child may have adhd, this is where your suggestions come in.
but to immediately decide this child may have adhd when they act up and go to the extent of changing diet and all does not seem so necessary to me.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:29 PM
Master
Quote:

i feel attacked because you are making it seem like i am promoting violence, which i am not whatsoever. i would never beat a child, nor spank hard enough to leave a mark, nor continue spanking when it is obviously having no effect.
and i do not mind you, i dont see how i suggested i was against you at all...

you said i was attacking you. one would think that you would mind that and feel i was against you.

problem there is children with adhd DONT only act up after a meal or a drink, if that were true you would be absolutely correct. we are talking about children here, this could be a problem that is just beginning to arise so that fact that you live with them 24/7 is irrelevant imo.

i haven't only mentioned food and in my opinion no child hyper-reacts constantly for no reason and the reason can always be found. just the washing powder residu on someones clothes is enough for me.

im sorry you feel that way. i personally would not shout at my children, THAT would be what causes emotional damage. as for spanking in general causing that kind of damage... as i said before if it obviously is not helping then it should be discontinued and things you suggested should be considered.

i just dont understand how you would so immediately know your child has adhd when they start acting up.

well i wouldn't get hung up on labels at all. additivers are bad period for everyone, so are pesticides.
possible adhd symptoms begin at some point, you begin giving your childs bottom a lil smack when they act up to a certain extent, a month or so goes by and the tantrums seem to be getting worse, the lil smacks obviously are having no effect, this child may have adhd, this is where your suggestions come in.
but to immediately decide this child may have adhd when they act up and go to the extent of changing diet and all does not seem so necessary to me.

why do you suggest that i view any tantrum as immediately suggesting a child has adhd? i don't think i've implied this. adhd aside i feel that hitting can always be avoided, i've said as much

so have you any info on natural remedies for adhd?

Old 12-06-2012, 10:22 PM
trappedinabody

"you said i was attacking you. one would think that you would mind that and feel i was against you."

yes i feel you are against me, as a said before. no i do not mind you, different people are different.

"i haven't only mentioned food and in my opinion no child hyper-reacts constantly for no reason and the reason can always be found. just the washing powder residu on someones clothes is enough for me."

i did not suggest you had only mentioned food... and yes no child constantly acts up... i have 3 younger brothers that i live with, they do not have adhd, for they are very good kids at times. other times not so much. kids will be kids. they need to know when certain behavior is unacceptable and a stern talking to is not always enough. i would not go so far as to completely change their diet though, i dont feel this has anything to do with their behavior (not saying for all kids) and i definitely would not suggest they be put on any kind of medication.

we both agree the medication is bad, i pat you on the back for this.

"why do you suggest that i view any tantrum as immediately suggesting a child has adhd? i don't think i've implied this. adhd aside i feel that hitting can always be avoided, i've said as much"

well if a child is acting up maybe just a few times a week...what do you do?
me: lil smack on the butt and a "dont be doing that"

but no sadly i have not found any natural remedies for adhd, if i had this all would have been avoided :p