Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 08-07-2023, 09:45 AM
Master

To be honest AL we don't even get enough sun here mostly to be able to get 10/15 mins on arms/ legs etc in a normal year LOL.
Me personally , being described as severely clinically vulnerable was issued free vitamin D tablets from the government.
If I don't get any vitamin D my skin starts to flake and peel so if we DO happen to get a nice day here I try to maximize the benefits without going crazy.
Old 08-07-2023, 09:54 AM
Master
Think of everything in this world as a spectrum, in degrees. Not as fixed nouns but as verbs. Be that requirement of minutes of sunlight, dietary requirements, water, CO2, ethnicity, personality characteristics, etc.

In this case, there are different ethnicities. To generalize, black 'people' can obviously withstand a whole lot more sunlight exposure than white 'people'. Many white people are obsessed with ''getting a tan'' ((a sure sign of having a ''healthy extroverted lifestyle'')). They think it is healthy and youthful, whilst the opposite is actually the case. That doesn't mean they don't need to get sunlight, but they have to be (way) more careful than ethnicities with darker skin. But many people think, ''well I'm getting brown and not sunburn so all is good'', but that isn't true. That brown tan is actually skin damage (to ethnicities with light skin).
Old 08-07-2023, 10:04 AM
Master

Yes I agree. Sun damage = skin cancer. My husband's uncle died from skin cancer because he was bald and worked outside and wore no cap etc.
It's like anything in life , everything in moderation.
White skinned people think they can sunbathe all day long with no sunscreen and go golden brown when in real life they get sunstroke and end up in hospital looking worse than a lobster.
Old 08-07-2023, 12:33 PM
Master
I am by nature fairly pale, I used to burn but have rarely for years now, I feel better for getting some sun.

(I recall reading a book from the fifties where he was talking about the problems with the suns rays causing health trouble, this was the author said partly due to nuclear tests, he reckoned that the isotopes remained in the atmosphere damaging the protective layer over time, I have not been able to find a great deal much more out about this, seems like one of those things that goes under the radar)
Old 08-07-2023, 12:38 PM
Master
With all due respect, but there's more knowledge about skin health today then in the 50s. Most people didn't even have or use sun screen..
And speak of the devil, why sunglasses are important
https://www.rtlnieuws.nl/economie/ar...-een-zonnebril

I doubt people were not having issues with sunlight exposure pre-nuclear. Though, more people stayed in the shade. Sunbathing is really a modern fad.
Knowledge increases over time. Same with impact of alcohol, tobacco, drug use, anabolic steroids.
Old 08-07-2023, 03:45 PM
Guide

My Dad was a sun worshiper, He got a melanoma and Died from Cancer at 37.

I avoid the sun as much a I can.
Old 08-07-2023, 04:32 PM
Master
Altair-it was more about the authors speculative predictions.I expect there as been a lot of nuclear tests since that book and could be lots of material lingering and causing damage to the planets protective layers.
Old 08-07-2023, 05:42 PM
Ascender
The sun damages the skin, okay, but our body can repair itself.
If you scratch yourself it will disappear with time, most (small) scars disappear.
So I would say that a moderate exposure would be a stimulant for skin regeneration.

Regarding eyes health and sunglasses, not getting enough sunlight is an identified cause of myopia.
I had a grandma she spent most of her time indoors, in an old farm with poor lighting, she had severe cataracts on both eyes.
There is also the case of an old indian guy who has practiced sun gazing all his life and seems to have nothing at all, 100% healthy eyes.

Imo if we get too much exposure and have vitamins deficiencies and a bad genetics, then yes it's unhealthy.
Otherwise ... common sense, if your skin complains you had too much of it, if you crave for daylight and sun, you need more of it.
Old 09-07-2023, 12:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
The sun damages the skin, okay, but…
it.

Yep it’s holistic which is why you can’t just say one thing is bad or good when it’s a complex arrangement one can build through balance.

Life is balance, we are balance..

Sun gazing (if done at the appropriate times of the suns position) actually builds protective measures against skin cancers as does certain foods we consume.
Old 09-07-2023, 05:29 AM
Master

I only ever sit out for 10 minutes a day but it's amazing how it clears my skin up.
My ex neighbour used to suffer from severe scorisis on her arms. Under the hospital and they used to put her in a capsule of intense sun treatment to cure it.