Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 30-08-2012, 04:39 AM
xdxb

Smile Am I becoming mentally ill or spiritually enlightened?

Hi all. New member here. This past month I went to live on Maui for a month where I first tried mushrooms, twice. Now, keep in mind I didn't notice any effect until later.

Later I was at a thriftstore and discovered the Secret by rhonda byrne, I wanted that book for a long time and it finally appeared and luckily it was practically free. I started studying it intensely and I also watched the documentary. Ever since then I feel like my life has changed.

I've been heavily studying astrology for about a year now (my longest commitment to anything) and continue to do so. I started watching videos online about the law of attraction, I heard of this concept before but didn't think twice about it. But now I feel like its completely real.

So, when I lived in Maui a friend I lived with gave me a stone. I was close friends with this person who gave it to me. The first night of sleeping on the stone I noticed it gave me nightmares and I have this DREADFUL feeling every time I touch it so I buried it. Perhaps this led me to believe that there are powerful forces around me that I never noticed before.

This led me to discover a metaphysics store where I bought more stones that felt right to me and I carry them with me. However, I don't feel like they have a strong effect on me compared to what I feel naturally.

I've recently come to a realization that I opened my third eye chakra somehow?? I was lying in bed reading yet another astrology book when I felt a strong pulsating sensation in the middle of my forehead, right above where a unibrow should be. It was very strong and powerful, however it did not hurt. I googled it and found that I was in fact opening up my third eye. Now I feel it is open all the time because I'm connecting a lot of "coincidences" in my life to feelings I get from my intuition...which i NEVER listened to before. For example, today at about noon I was hanging out with friends when I had an overwhelming feeling come about a guy I used to date and didn't really end things with, it literally took over my mind and I felt that I would encounter him VERY soon. As the hours passed the feeling went away and I forgot it.. At about 5pm I ran into him...very strange.

I also found an exercise online about how to manifest things faster into my life because for some reason I couldn't manifest what I wanted. The exercise was about how to talk to your subconscious mind. Ask it questions and listen freely without judgement. SO i did. Then it suggested you negotiate with it, which I did. I told it I respected it and understood it but that it should be happy and positive and everything is going to be fine. ever since I started that 2 days ago, I feel more in harmony with everything around me. I also repeat mantras to myself a lot. I say things like, "I am in harmony with the universe" or "I'm very intuitive".

Since this all started I've noticed I've become hypersensitive to finding patterns in things around me like feeling I would run into someone and I do it, or wow I'm hanging out with 2 geminis and we get along so well because I'm an aquarius. And talking to my subconscious was like, woah am I becoming schizophrenic?? What if all I'm experiencing is a manic episode because I feel so in control of my life and in flow with the universe. I just have a lot of questions. But overall, the quality of my life feels better. I feel more disciplined like I requested and more intuitive. Can this be harmful at all? Is this the beginning stages of being a schizophrenic?

Thank you
Old 30-08-2012, 03:26 PM
BodhiChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdxb
Hi all. New member here. This past month I went to live on Maui for a month where I first tried mushrooms, twice. Now, keep in mind I didn't notice any effect until later.

Later I was at a thriftstore and discovered the Secret by rhonda byrne, I wanted that book for a long time and it finally appeared and luckily it was practically free. I started studying it intensely and I also watched the documentary. Ever since then I feel like my life has changed.

I've been heavily studying astrology for about a year now (my longest commitment to anything) and continue to do so. I started watching videos online about the law of attraction, I heard of this concept before but didn't think twice about it. But now I feel like its completely real.

So, when I lived in Maui a friend I lived with gave me a stone. I was close friends with this person who gave it to me. The first night of sleeping on the stone I noticed it gave me nightmares and I have this DREADFUL feeling every time I touch it so I buried it. Perhaps this led me to believe that there are powerful forces around me that I never noticed before.

This led me to discover a metaphysics store where I bought more stones that felt right to me and I carry them with me. However, I don't feel like they have a strong effect on me compared to what I feel naturally.

I've recently come to a realization that I opened my third eye chakra somehow?? I was lying in bed reading yet another astrology book when I felt a strong pulsating sensation in the middle of my forehead, right above where a unibrow should be. It was very strong and powerful, however it did not hurt. I googled it and found that I was in fact opening up my third eye. Now I feel it is open all the time because I'm connecting a lot of "coincidences" in my life to feelings I get from my intuition...which i NEVER listened to before. For example, today at about noon I was hanging out with friends when I had an overwhelming feeling come about a guy I used to date and didn't really end things with, it literally took over my mind and I felt that I would encounter him VERY soon. As the hours passed the feeling went away and I forgot it.. At about 5pm I ran into him...very strange.

I also found an exercise online about how to manifest things faster into my life because for some reason I couldn't manifest what I wanted. The exercise was about how to talk to your subconscious mind. Ask it questions and listen freely without judgement. SO i did. Then it suggested you negotiate with it, which I did. I told it I respected it and understood it but that it should be happy and positive and everything is going to be fine. ever since I started that 2 days ago, I feel more in harmony with everything around me. I also repeat mantras to myself a lot. I say things like, "I am in harmony with the universe" or "I'm very intuitive".

Since this all started I've noticed I've become hypersensitive to finding patterns in things around me like feeling I would run into someone and I do it, or wow I'm hanging out with 2 geminis and we get along so well because I'm an aquarius. And talking to my subconscious was like, woah am I becoming schizophrenic?? What if all I'm experiencing is a manic episode because I feel so in control of my life and in flow with the universe. I just have a lot of questions. But overall, the quality of my life feels better. I feel more disciplined like I requested and more intuitive. Can this be harmful at all? Is this the beginning stages of being a schizophrenic?

Thank you

Interesting story. I think you should continue to do what you're doing and follow the path you're following. Continue to study Metaphysics and use your intuition to find a "spirit guide" or a Kahuna in the local area. Hawaii is a very spiritual place so you shouldn't have much trouble finding the right guide. Regarding the schizophrenia possibility, yes, if you find the wrong person they may diagnose you with a "personality disorder" but I believe this would be a grave mistake and a "spiritual deception." IMHO.

Good Luck on your journey! Sending Love and Light to you!

Namaste,

Bodhi
Old 30-08-2012, 04:13 PM
Master
What does your gut tell you...are you becoming enlightened or mentally ill? I sense from the way you wrote your post you are not mentally ill, just very very spiritually aware, and I'm with Bodhi........
Spiritlite.
Old 30-08-2012, 08:37 PM
xdxb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodhiChan
Interesting story. I think you should continue to do what you're doing and follow the path you're following. Continue to study Metaphysics and use your intuition to find a "spirit guide" or a Kahuna in the local area. Hawaii is a very spiritual place so you shouldn't have much trouble finding the right guide. Regarding the schizophrenia possibility, yes, if you find the wrong person they may diagnose you with a "personality disorder" but I believe this would be a grave mistake and a "spiritual deception." IMHO.

Good Luck on your journey! Sending Love and Light to you!

Namaste,

Bodhi

Hi there :) I actually moved back to SF. Perhaps I've found my spirit guide, I feel and hear this voice inside of me that guides me to do things.. For example, sometimes if I'm about to do something I hear a strong voice which I assume is my intuition tell me to not do it or just avoid it all together. Usually when I don't listen to this, as I have twice to see what would happen, I didn't like the results. So I'm not sure if this is my intuition or my spirit guide. Either way I am so grateful to have it..! I feel like each day I'm getting more and more aware and in tune to my higher self or a higher form. This is different for me, but also exciting.
Old 30-08-2012, 08:39 PM
xdxb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
What does your gut tell you...are you becoming enlightened or mentally ill? I sense from the way you wrote your post you are not mentally ill, just very very spiritually aware, and I'm with Bodhi........
Spiritlite.

My gut tells me I'm becoming enlightened. However, I find that western philosophy wouldn't understand this so I'm a bit worried about it. It's just very interesting how the western approach would classify these type of feelings or ideas to be one with someone who is mentally ill.. It's almost like a branding. So then that leads me to ask, what is mentally ill?
Old 30-08-2012, 08:47 PM
kislany

Personally I think it's a normal and very active part of your spiritual journey. The more you learn, the more you are aware of, which in turn pushes you to learn more and to become more aware. Also you will start to notice more of these 'synchronicities' like thinking about your ex and suddenly seeing him on the road. It's just part of the journey - enjoy it :)
Old 30-08-2012, 10:48 PM
Master
You know you are so right when you say Westerners would probably put you as mentally ill. I dont' believe you are and neither do you. Forge on my friend and do what you need to do to make you happy. In other cultures people who seemingly get possessed, or who have "hallucinations" etc are the witchdoctors or shamans of the tribe :)
Spiritlite
Old 30-08-2012, 11:10 PM
Master
You're not crazy, xdxb... you are in the early stages of waking up in your spiritual nature.

To enter the essence of awakening- discovering your true inner nature - meditation is the key.

Xan

Old 31-08-2012, 05:11 AM
Master
I agree with Xan
Spiritlite.
Old 31-08-2012, 05:38 AM
xdxb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
You know you are so right when you say Westerners would probably put you as mentally ill. I dont' believe you are and neither do you. Forge on my friend and do what you need to do to make you happy. In other cultures people who seemingly get possessed, or who have "hallucinations" etc are the witchdoctors or shamans of the tribe :)
Spiritlite

Thank you. And I'm glad we were able to exchange ideas.