Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 07-04-2016, 10:12 PM
Newbie ;)

[From the viewpoint of other religions] Why is the material world so "nasty"?

After I learned about nde's and all and went from atheist to "there's more out there", I know this sounds silly but why do we incarnate into a world with such "nastyness"? According to the Christians it's because of sin but I really haven't heard a good explanation from "spiritualists". This is kind of a silly question but if we can exist without bodies why jump into a world with bodies that have sweat, blood, and other "secretions" that are not biologically attractive? Why is there such things as trash? I mean I've heard explanations on like disease, disease exists so people can treat other people and show them love or whatnot... but I mean the world doesn't make much sense switching from an athiest to a "there's more out there" viewpoint. What I mean is, a lot of stuff in the world seems unneccessary and silly if there exists a realm where you can have a spiritual body and accomplish pretty much the same things... The reason why this question seems so silly is because these kinds of things we just ignore on a day to day basis. But why not just use the astral body as a body? Why have a body that has nose secretions, blood, waste... a world with trash, gooey stuff, repulsive smells when you could concievably design a body that either doesn't have these things (is etherial) or just doesn't respond to them (the brain is nor wired to interpret repulsivity or pain)?

The Christians say it's sin. What do like "spiritualists" say?
Old 07-04-2016, 11:03 PM
Master

I'm not a spiritualist by any means, just a free-lance learner like so many here.

I came here to learn. It's through humility and pain that I learn best. It's when Universe can finally get my attention.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:18 PM
Experiencer

The Cathars regarded this physicality as Hell while liberation from it was seen as bliss.

Cathars were Gnostic Dualist Christians who claimed to retain many of the beliefs and practices of the early Christian Church.
All of their beliefs stemmed from logical deductions from a combination of these three fundamental beliefs (Gnosticism, Dualism and Christianity)
For example they displayed contempt for everything material, a position with enormous ramifications, based on their Dualism.

In their view being manifest was to experience purgatory which in turn was /is a necessary part of the souls journey... It is interesting to me and strangely reassuring that living a life is quiet possibly as bad as it is ever going to be and that living one life or several (depending on ones beliefs) is a right of passage for the soul/spirit/creational tentacle, an initiation, a baptism of suffering and endeavour.

It is a good question Indianspirit, and one that has clearly been pertinent and dwelt upon from times in antiquity. My hope is..and I am a hopeless romantic.. is that this life is the Larvae stage . Death , such as it is being the Cocoon..and after that .then comes the hatching and the expansion.

I know we are conditioned to think , see and acknowledge just two states. Alive and not alive. Perhaps though that might be narrowing it all to a nicetie for the benefit of human understanding alone.
Old 08-04-2016, 10:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianspirit
Why is the material world so "nasty"?
Focus on the glorious and miraculous in life, and poof... no more nasty. Like everything, it's about you. Make the world the place you want it to be. And that starts with your life outlook.
Old 08-04-2016, 03:56 PM
Master

Hi Indianspirit,

The material world is 'nasty' due to a conditional ignorance intrinsic to the physical existence itself.

Fortunately, this condition may be transformed - what spirituality consciously seeks to achieve.

This means the nasty material world is also a stupendous universal opportunity.

~ J
Old 08-04-2016, 05:58 PM
Master

Quote:
After I learned about nde's and all and went from atheist to "there's more out there", I know this sounds silly but why do we incarnate into a world with such "nastyness"? According to the Christians it's because of sin but I really haven't heard a good explanation from "spiritualists". This is kind of a silly question but if we can exist without bodies why jump into a world with bodies that have sweat, blood, and other "secretions" that are not biologically attractive? Why is there such things as trash? I mean I've heard explanations on like disease, disease exists so people can treat other people and show them love or whatnot... but I mean the world doesn't make much sense switching from an athiest to a "there's more out there" viewpoint. What I mean is, a lot of stuff in the world seems unneccessary and silly if there exists a realm where you can have a spiritual body and accomplish pretty much the same things... The reason why this question seems so silly is because these kinds of things we just ignore on a day to day basis. But why not just use the astral body as a body? Why have a body that has nose secretions, blood, waste... a world with trash, gooey stuff, repulsive smells when you could concievably design a body that either doesn't have these things (is etherial) or just doesn't respond to them (the brain is nor wired to interpret repulsivity or pain)?

Let's not just pick on only one thought and it might be helpful to write down in a single list of all religions.
Old 08-04-2016, 06:02 PM
Master

Non traditional religion would say to experience and learn. Experience and learning equates to sin, or doing. It's all the same thing.
Old 08-04-2016, 06:55 PM
Lorelyen

There are very nasty aspects to the material world as seen from the culture in which I grew up. It also seems that in regions perceived as nastiest for people, their life value is a lot lower than mine. They have devised faiths in which death is valued above life. They probably feel the same about the materialistic west.

But in my culture and dare I say, in yours, the material world is only nasty when one can't control one's relationship to it. To me the material world is there. I live in it. As a gnostic I've been sent here to do a stint so I can learn to carry information into the Spiritual world from which I come and to which I'll return, perhaps at times I can offer the relevant entities in that world things that they can't get there.

I can't claim to exert control over the material world but I can control my involvement with it. Aspects of it I don't necessarily like and can only marginally control them, but what I can control isn't nasty....unless of course, I'm nasty and therefore relate to it thus.

A question that religions fail to answer when they claim their god is all good and love and created everything. Hence god created the sin to which you refer. As a spiritual person I acknowledge it's there but only deal with what I must of it, to ensure my survival and some level of comfort here. It's the final manifestation of The Creation. It gives us a chance to rise above it in pursuit of the Great Work.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir

Hi Indianspirit,

The material world is 'nasty' due to a conditional ignorance intrinsic to the physical existence itself.

Fortunately, this condition may be transformed - what spirituality consciously seeks to achieve.

This means the nasty material world is also a stupendous universal opportunity.

~ J

But is this necessary , this may be what they want to know. There is great potential, isn't there.
Old 09-04-2016, 11:33 AM
Master
Bunny

Quote:

Hmm...good question.

It's one I do not have the answer for, but the human body IS largely symbolic in a sense.

Outwardly, it is a 3D body, and yet on the inside, we add volume--creating a 4d body. Earth is a 3D world that bridges the gap between a 3D existence and a 4d one--connecting us with our spiritual self.