Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality > Faiths of Indigenous Peoples

Old 22-11-2016, 08:25 PM
Newbie ;)

stand with standing rock

mni wiconi

water is life
Old 24-11-2016, 05:01 PM
Lepus

Hello,

Looks like the rights to preserve water for the Natives who are in reservation is not going to change the judge's ruling to build an oil pipeline that will inevitably contaminate the natural water. It's pretty sad to think water comes second to oil.

Blessed be,
Lepus

Last edited by Lepus : 24-11-2016 at 08:08 PM.
Old 24-11-2016, 06:04 PM
Master
Hey, thanks for bringing this very important issue to SF, makwaiskwew.

I've signed an on-line petition to help stop the pipeline. Now, have signed one to stop the militarized response to the protesters. I hope you all will sign it, too:

https://www.change.org/p/president-o...ter-protectors

Old 24-11-2016, 06:22 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you both...xx

INTERFAITH

People of Faith: Call to Standing Rock
From Chief Arvol Looking Horse,
19th Generation Keeper of White Buffalo Calf Pipe Bundle

Pray with Us on Sunday, December 4, 2016 at Oceti Sakowin Camp
“The hearts of all people’s faiths must now unite in believing we can change the path we are now on. We, from heart of Turtle Island, have a great message for the world to unite for our children’s future. Already we have witnessed many nations of life are now dying because of contamination: those that swim, those that crawl, those that fly, the plant nation, the four legged, and now the two legged.

We are asking the religious people to come and support our youth, to stand side by side with them, because they are standing in prayer. If you can find it in your heart, pray with them and stand beside them. The police department and national guard would listen to each and every one of you.

This is a very serious time we are in. I know in my heart there are millions of people that feel this is long overdue. It is time that all of us become leaders to help protect the sacred upon Mother Earth. She is the source of life and not a resource.

In a Sacred Hoop of Life, where there is no ending and no beginning.”

OCETI SAKOWIN CAMP
Old 25-11-2016, 09:22 PM
Administrator
The Native people have suffered since generations gone by thrown of their lands put on reservations.the treaties signed meant nothing this has been going on for generations.
what man wants and cant have they take.and they kill to do it.standing rock is no different the oil companies want the oil line the Natives own the land so they take it they destroy sacred places being just one
burial grounds destroyed they will pollute the water it will happen then the police fire rubber bullets at protestors etc.they arrest innocent people yet they mean nothing to the police or government where are they what have they done nothing thats what.
mother earth will take so much then she reclaims what is hers this is not over yet

Namaste
Old 26-11-2016, 12:41 AM
Guide
Location: Up a mountain communing with the Grandfathers, Ancestors, Ravens n Horses beside the Stones
Unfortunatly its far from over.

Idle no More

Here's where we go off the map.
Out past the power lines,
up that little side road without a sign.
Hidden from the mainstream.

Keeper's of the Ancient future, Keepers of the Drum.
They don't preserve it.....
They live it......!
Old 26-11-2016, 02:09 AM
Ascender

As an Australian I really have no dog in this fight but I would just like to say that it saddens me to know that a government of a supposedly civilized country would use their own military against their own people.
The defense forces are supposed to be there to defend the people whose tax is paying their wages not to be used aggressively against them. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.
Good luck and best wishes to all concerned.
Old 26-11-2016, 05:12 AM
Experiencer
I read about this and I hurt.

I hear about this and I hurt.

I think about this and I hurt.

The pipeline was supposed to go past Bismark, but the city's population decided it was too risky to their own water supply.

Yes, it follows a natural gas pipeline, but natural gas doesn't contaminate the only water supply of a people if the line ruptures.

Sure, the land they're bulldozing is "private property", but it was never supposed to be. Ignoring the whole "It was all theirs to begin with", those specific lands were supposed to be annexed by the reservation to the tribes because of their spiritual value, and were never handed over.

They're blocking roads, and bridges, but it's the only way they can get the media to pay attention.

Everything about this makes me so angry, and puts me in so much pain, and makes me wish I could go join everyone. I would risk broken bones and amputation, I would risk the hypothermia and frostbite, I would risk pepper spray and nerve gas, I would risk incarceration and death.

I would fight until I get pulled down by men in armor.

I only wish I could.
Old 26-11-2016, 10:09 PM
Administrator
This is far from over the world is hearing about it USA is supposed to be the land of dreams it is far from it if you are Native.

Namaste
Old 30-11-2016, 06:50 AM
Ascender

Just checking in to you guys know that I'm thinking of you. It may not be in the U.S. media but you are international news and definitely in the Australian media.
A photograph was published that is being tipped to win a pulitzer prize. It's called barbarians at the gate. It shows a native American man on horseback facing U.S. military/police hardware. If I wasn't so technologically retarded I'd put a copy of the photo on here for everyone to see.
Good luck and best wishes.