Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 06-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Master
Color Help: Need Remedy for Stomach Pain (Possible Ulcer?)

I've been having stomach pains off and on for a long time, and they're bad again. I had a friend tell me to drink buttermilk and it did seem to help so I'm going to go get some today, but does anybody have a less yucky tasting remedy for stomach pain, possibly caused by some sort of ulcer or irritation?
Thanks~

Old 06-11-2010, 03:59 PM
Master
I have one but it hurts like hell the first minute but it worked for me. Is your lack of acid? Get some vinegar, if and put a bit in a cup then add water drink down and I swear it will hurt but then better. But only do that if it's stomach pain related to having stomach acid....
Spiritlite.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Master
Yes, I've taken vinegar before and I think it depends on what's wrong, cause I think I've had acid lack of it before and the vinegar definitely helped, but this the pain is at night and from talks with a close friend, we believe it may be an ulcer starting or something like that because it's anxiety that I feel at night. This anxiety comes and goes, and it's been building for a couple of weeks and it hit its peak last night, I hardly slept a wink! ARgh.

Old 06-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Lostgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I've been having stomach pains off and on for a long time, and they're bad again. I had a friend tell me to drink buttermilk and it did seem to help so I'm going to go get some today, but does anybody have a less yucky tasting remedy for stomach pain, possibly caused by some sort of ulcer or irritation?
Thanks~

I might also be inclined to go to the doctor :) Just to see if you can get a firm diagnosis if it is an ulcer or possibly something else
Old 06-11-2010, 04:34 PM
Lamby

Hi Silvergirl,

There are different types of ulcers and the type of pain often tells you which you have.

This page gives a good overview:
http://www.ygoy.com/index.php/ulcer-symptoms/

With every respect to those who have had success with vinegar (and many swear by it) I found it, or any acidic food/beverage like lemon, pineapple juice, or tomatoes to be exceedingly painful and that it only increases the pain for weeks afterward. Careful with that.

Some ulcers can be caused by Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori). Your doctor can do a super simple test to see if this is a problem for you. Certain antibiotics kill it. Also, some foods are reputed to kill it.

I personally aim for foods for healing.

Research bananas, goat milk, coconut (oil, milk, or coconut itself), peppermint, and apple pectin for help in healing ulcers and digestive issues in general. I use all of these personally. None of them work instantly, but over time the effects are cumulative. The short chain fatty acids that are so prevalent in goat's milk and coconut milk are helpful in rebuilding a damaged digestive system. I had medical studies about this bookmarked on my computer but can't find them now. If I dig them up I could post later.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:35 PM
mava

I have stomach pains as well, but I don't think it's from an ulcer.
I've tried taking things like beano/gas x and those help somewhat.
Also for me, drinking tea helps, especially mint tea. I don't know if your issue is digestion or something different, but those might help. Also something like pepto bismol. But definitely visit the doctor to make sure it's nothing serious! Feel better!
Old 06-11-2010, 04:41 PM
Master
Hi mava, I remember Pepto from when I was a kid. I LOVEd the stuff. I thought it tasted great and was pretty, too. Nowadays, I do try to ferret out the more natural remedies using everyday foods, etc. It can't hurt to have a bottle of it on hand, though.

Thanks, Lamby. You're bringing back information that I once knew, like the coconut oil, bananas and such. I'm getting me quite the little grocery list here. I will get me a quart of buttermilk. When I took that last time I had a problem, it helped right away and lasted all night. I really felt my stomach doing weird things the very first time, but it was just weird, no pain or anything else bad.

And I will look for the coconut milk (or oil or both?)

Old 06-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Master
Yeah pepto is good but also maybe the doc. I've heard from someone a long time ago and this sound yucky a bit of red wine in milk....
Spiritlite.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Lamby

PS: I left out the importance of beneficial cultures like you find in yogurts. The basic cultures are all I use. I make home-made yogurt fermented for 24 hours to build up larger numbers of the "good guy" cultures and to naturally remove all the lactose. The L. Acidophilus culture is highly recommended and even my doctor highly recommends it. You can find directions here. http://www.scdiet.org/2recipes/scdyogurt.html
Old 06-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Lamby

Hi Silvergirl, I've only used the coconut milk so far myself, and flaked coconut. The brand most stores have here is called Thai Kitchen. The only ingredient other than coconut and water is guar gum - which is actually okay as an ingredient because it is used to help with digestive problems in prescription form. (Unlike carageenan which can cause digestive distress in sensitive individuals) It's about $1.50 to $2 per can here. I think it tastes weird at room temp, but I like it once chilled. You'll have to stir down the "cream" at the top of the can which is really thick - that's the "oil" portion of the coconut.

Sorry to go on - but I know what it is like to be suffering and anxious for something to help! Hope something here helps.