Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 27-09-2015, 02:03 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa68
Has anyone read what has been going on with restarting of the Large Hadron Collider in Cern and catstrophic conequences? Just started reading what some people had to say about it and pretty freaked out. Have not seen any threzds about this on this forum.

Who really knows what the real objective is at the LHC. My guess, they have many ideas of what to do with it.

Overall, it's probably a good thing. Think of it as mankind going out into space, except, in reverse.

There will probably be some really great inventions come from this, to make life even easier and more enjoyable in the future.

The down side, yes, it could be the start of a major catastrophe. Everything has it's risk.

Would you give up your car, your smart phone, electricity, to save a life? Think of the many lives that would be saved if we didn't have those things. We, as humans, have come to realize there are risks that come with discovering things.

It's in us to advance, go forward, not become stagnant. We must go where no man has gone before.

And, yes, it's possible there could be some " occultist " type of agenda, something on a larger scale, but, regardless, you and I have no way of stopping what goes on at CERN. Those in charge of the world, ( follow the money, those in power ), will do what they will.
Old 14-10-2015, 07:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiBach
I remember, six or seven years ago now, the conspiritualists were spreading alarm and despondency about the Large Hadron Collider, even before it had been switched on. We survived that event (and the switching on of all the other colliders, before and since). I'm sure we'll survive the next public switch on.

Remember it was not operating at full power (potential) it is said. This is the key. In more recent time I've heard it is being powered up. This is something I heard. This make sense.

But what is clear is, the faster a particle (is made or allowed) travels the greater energy output. They are now amping that up. The closer to the speed of light collision happen it seems is exponential. The collider was designed to do even more but tests were governed (controlled)

Some great stuff on youtube. Is there truth in some of the things said. A recent one, and this gives me a greater respect for mass (particles), is the attempt to tear small holes in space and time fabric to peek into tiny holes to look into other dimensions. It looks like particle are the key for that if allowed to go faster. Maybe one uses a different particle, more mass. E is M, energy can then punch through. Amazing stuff. Now that they've found the god particle that's isn't enough and that makes sense to. They're going to keep pushing the limits. Simply they aren't going to tell you, secrets.

We are trying to go back as close to the big bang in a controlled setting which to me is very illogical especially if there was one. What if we ignited another singularity (particle) achieving 100%. I've always thought greater then SoL included dimensional and space/time. Only my theory of course, 2 things, 2 events.

Would you want complete transparency. Would you want a say if such things were happening. Have to say I use to believe as you do and said the same thing...... Now after years and hearing a little bit, finding the god particle, what is next. Cause and effect, though it may be good to. Have to say though, I would love to be on that team. I would get all their cups of coffee and sandwiches.
Old 15-10-2015, 09:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodan
Who really knows what the real objective is at the LHC. My guess, they have many ideas of what to do with it.

It is used to conduct experiments in particle physics - there no particular purpose per se. Exactly, many ideas and different experiments.

Quote:
Overall, it's probably a good thing. Think of it as mankind going out into space, except, in reverse.

There will probably be some really great inventions come from this, to make life even easier and more enjoyable in the future.

The down side, yes, it could be the start of a major catastrophe. Everything has it's risk.

It won't create a global catastrophe or anything like that. Probably have little accidents from time to time. That will keep the conspiracy theorists excited.

Quote:
Would you give up your car, your smart phone, electricity, to save a life? Think of the many lives that would be saved if we didn't have those things. We, as humans, have come to realize there are risks that come with discovering things.

It's in us to advance, go forward, not become stagnant. We must go where no man has gone before.

And, yes, it's possible there could be some " occultist " type of agenda, something on a larger scale, but, regardless, you and I have no way of stopping what goes on at CERN. Those in charge of the world, ( follow the money, those in power ), will do what they will.

Unlikely that these hard nosed scientists are involved in an occult cult together. I think it's a matter of who gets funded for what and issues with gatekeepers to knowledge.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:23 AM
Pathfinder

there is no evidence for the existance of particles, see quantum mistake, members cafe, there is a huge amount of evidence that particles do not exist, so they invented two daft theorys to explain events rather than admit they were wrong, it was the 1940's, being good at particle physics don't make you a rocket scientist, the alternative involves a rifle if your lucky or a job navigating a bomber if your not, if your too old for that its a job in a munitions factory . they managed to build a big bomb, so they must be right , lots of money in bombs, so they got CERN, its a big cathedral full of belivers
Old 04-11-2015, 12:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by canute
there is no evidence for the existance of particles, see quantum mistake, members cafe, there is a huge amount of evidence that particles do not exist, so they invented two daft theorys to explain events rather than admit they were wrong, it was the 1940's, being good at particle physics don't make you a rocket scientist, the alternative involves a rifle if your lucky or a job navigating a bomber if your not, if your too old for that its a job in a munitions factory . they managed to build a big bomb, so they must be right , lots of money in bombs, so they got CERN, its a big cathedral full of belivers

There is insurmountable evidence for particles, but it's very difficult to discern what a particle is. Fundamentally speaking, quanta are thought to exist as discrete 'energy packets'. No one knows what that 'looks like'. Niels Bohr said there is no quantum world; there are only abstract quantum descriptions. This means that physicists don't actually view a particle as a 'bit of stuff' nor do they view particles as waves, or they may use either of these models as is more practical, but they don't say 'its a wave' or 'it's a particle' per se. Bohr also said the its not the job of physics to explain how nature is; physics is only concerned with what we can say about nature.

I find it astounding that people who enjoy computers, and just about any technology, don't seem to realise that is QM actually working. There is very little to believe in when it comes to physics. The experimenteither confirms the theory (or something completely unexpected happens),or its back to the drawing board.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:24 PM
Experiencer
What have the scientists ever done for us!?

Apart from potable-water-on-tap, evidence based medicine, computers, astronomy, biology, anatomy, year round food supplies and Gortex, I can't think of anything.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:59 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiBach
What have the scientists ever done for us!?
Apart from potable-water-on-tap, evidence based medicine, computers, astronomy, biology, anatomy, year round food supplies and Gortex, I can't think of anything.

It was quaker women who invented the square broom, clothes pen, and circular saw blade.

Tesla invented AC.

Macroni wireless telegraph

Edison light bulb.

Who invented direct current?

Fulton invented steam boat?

Chinese invented gun powder.

Internet protocol invented by dude who worked at IBM, but he that was indirectly related to database programs he was creating.

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 04-11-2015, 02:05 PM
Experiencer
Quite right r6r6r, scientists come in many colours and varieties.
Old 05-11-2015, 12:51 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Macroni wireless telegraph

I beg to differ.. Everyone knows Macaroni is a type of tubular Pasta..

I apologize that was my feeble attempt at humour.

So can Science prove the existence of God? Oh that was another thread...

I don't know... But it seems to me that there was a really ugly and messy and divorce between science and spirituality at just about the time industrial revolution took place, (I cannot pin the break up to a particular year , you the reader can draw your own conclusion )

CERN and the current experimentation with Hadron Colliders (if we are lucky) may in actuality herald something of a reconciliation between Science and Spirituality.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:11 AM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1

Quote:
Light Seeker]I beg to differ.. Everyone knows Macaroni is a type of tubular Pasta..I apologize that was my feeble attempt at humour.

No need that is great call! Ha ha!
Quote:
So can Science prove the existence of God? Oh that was another thread...

Yeah I posted it. Title is Proof of God...via Bucky Fuller

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman