Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 15-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Experiencer
Fear

Hello,

for some time now I notice that I'm afraid of going on with my life. Every new thing feels very strange and I'm just absolutely afraid even to think about changing something.
The problem is that some things - especially concerning my job - need to be changed. But for months I'm just too afraid to really do something about it.

I sounds dumb somehow...but something just blocks me. I'm so afraid that I can't go on and change things that need to be changed.

What can I do?

-

E. A. Poe​

Old 15-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Medium_Laura

Fear is a normal part of life and change. When it becomes so strong that you can't move forward, then it's time to seek help. Which you have done here.

I have found a great article on letting go of fear, I hope this helps.

“Do the thing you fear; and the death of fear is certain.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

To be able to “move through” and release our fears, we must first allow ourselves to acknowledge them. If we stay in denial of them, they will remain our constant companions throughout our lives. Do you have a fear of opening up to love, for example? What better time than right before Valentine’s Day to try this visualization for releasing your fears:

Question yourself: What is the fear that has the greatest hold on me and most influences my life?

Ask to be aligned with your highest purpose, and ask the healing angels, the beings of light and your guardian angel for help, and thank them for their help.

Breathe in love and light, release and let go on the out-breath.

Starting with your feet and working up, keep releasing and letting go of any tensions you may hold in your muscles. Carry on releasing and letting go of all tensions, all the way up to the top of your head.

When you are ready, grow strong golden roots from the soles of your feet, down through the layers of the earth, all the way to mid-earth, where you find a huge, solid rock.

Now allow your golden roots to wrap themselves around this rock.

Meanwhile you become aware of an orange light surrounding you. This light has a beautiful glow to it and feels both strong and soothing.

Take a deep breath in and allow this light to flow into the top of your head, through your crown chakra. Allow the orange light to fill your crown chakra, then your throat chakra, down to your heart chakra, and finally into your solar plexus chakra, just above your belly button.

Allow your entire solar plexus centre, the seat of your fears and anxieties, to be filled with this orange light.

When this has been achieved, place your left hand on your solar plexus and then place your right hand on top of it.

Allow yourself to feel the fear that is presenting itself.

When you have connected with your fear, visualize yourself sitting in your own private cinema. Sit back in your cinema chair and grab the remote control. You are aware that your fear is about to be uncovered, enabling you to face it once and for all.

Take another deep breath and in your own time push the start button on the remote control and ask for the origin of your fear to show up on the screen.

To your amazement a scene from your life flashes up immediately, in full color and with sound accompanying it.

Stay focused on your fear and keep on breathing in the orange light.

Now using your remote control, fade the color out of the scene in front of you, until the movie you are viewing is entirely black and white.

Observe how the fear is starting to loose its grip on you.

Take another deep breath of the beautiful, soothing orange light. Release and let go on the out-breath.

Next press the zoom button and shrink the scene until there is only a tiny dot left on the screen. As you watch, even the dot disappears.

Your fear has been extinguished.

Turn off your remote. Imagine a large electric-blue downy sleeping bag, with a strong zip in front of you. Climb into it and zip it up. You are now nicely protected by the strong electric blue energy surrounding you.

Give thanks.

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/let...-exercise.html
Old 15-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Shabby

Hi Flora,

From my own experience I have come to understand that I can change my experience simply by changing the focus of my attention. Instead of trying to remove fear you could try to focus on having courage. You already have courage, as it takes courage to ask what you can do and a willingness to change your current experience. Focus you attention on courage and the experience of fear will drop off. Good luck to you!
Old 15-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Yassi

Probably, you should take a vacation to think about everything without distractions.
btw have you tried to write down everything you should change? Maybe you should make a plan first and try to change everything step by step. I suppose, it's uncertainty in the final results that scares you. I guess the plan would make the accomplishment easier. Good luck!
Old 15-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora
Hello,

for some time now I notice that I'm afraid of going on with my life. Every new thing feels very strange and I'm just absolutely afraid even to think about changing something.
The problem is that some things - especially concerning my job - need to be changed. But for months I'm just too afraid to really do something about it.

I sounds dumb somehow...but something just blocks me. I'm so afraid that I can't go on and change things that need to be changed.

What can I do?

It's all very normal and I understand. The thing is, I'll bet that even though you think that concerning your job needing change that what that change is has not presented itself.
If I am right, when it does, you will know what to do and the fear will be seen as fear of the unknown.

Blessings, James
Old 15-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Lisa

I made friends with my fear.

We laugh a lot now.

"Silly ol fear."
Old 17-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Experiencer
Thanks, everybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
To be able to “move through” and release our fears, we must first allow ourselves to acknowledge them.
I do not deny it. I acknowledge it but it is still there, like some living thing beside me.
I'm really tired to try to live with it.

Thanks for the article, I'll work with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
From my own experience I have come to understand that I can change my experience simply by changing the focus of my attention. Instead of trying to remove fear you could try to focus on having courage. You already have courage, as it takes courage to ask what you can do and a willingness to change your current experience. Focus you attention on courage and the experience of fear will drop off. Good luck to you!
You know, it's always the most important things that seem to be unchangeable and these are also the things you cannot shift your focus from.

-

E. A. Poe​

Old 17-12-2011, 02:13 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yassi
Probably, you should take a vacation to think about everything without distractions.
btw have you tried to write down everything you should change? Maybe you should make a plan first and try to change everything step by step. I suppose, it's uncertainty in the final results that scares you. I guess the plan would make the accomplishment easier. Good luck!
The plan is right there in my head, I just can't put it into action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
It's all very normal and I understand. The thing is, I'll bet that even though you think that concerning your job needing change that what that change is has not presented itself.
If I am right, when it does, you will know what to do and the fear will be seen as fear of the unknown.

Blessings, James
New things are always unknown, aren't they?

I know that need to change several things and this is also something I'm afraid of.

-

E. A. Poe​

Old 18-12-2011, 12:34 PM
Master
Flora,

Fear is very much like an insecure child within you. Treat it with the compassion of a mother. It will feel better and know that you are the adult that can protect and nurture it.

Compassion for self, all that you are, is the key. Its a motherly energy.

Best Wishes!!
John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 18-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Racer X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora
Hello,

What can I do?

In your own Heart is a seed awaiting to sprout~

Meditate in stillness upon your heart and ask this Divine Seed to sprout!

It will then wind its way to the Head and here your answer will be born~