Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 28-01-2020, 09:08 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
That's if you personally see values as Highest /Lowest. I prefer the ' Middle Way '

The discernment is based on choice of experience in the now, not ideas or religious dogma. Highest/Lowest/Middle Way are all mental ideas one can put the attention on here now or not.

Discernment of a choice only exists if we are aware such a choice exists. It's possible some are not aware of a non-conceptual experience of now as an option. They can only imagine the non-conceptual conceptually.

The value is an experience of supreme peace, a calm and peaceful demeanor, no conflict experienced within or without, no fear, no stress, no reactionary mind. It's higher in the sense it is harmonious, compassionate, emphatic, non-judgmental etc. It's free of self caused suffering, an expansive pleasurable way to be. One can find pleasure though the ways of the mind as well, through identification with mental activities and body, and that's fine too. Our discernment is refined though experiences and many lives. Eventually we all get to the same place.
Old 28-01-2020, 10:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
Discernment of a choice only exists if we are aware such a choice exists. It's possible some are not aware of a non-conceptual experience of now as an option. They can only imagine the non-conceptual conceptually.
True - me thinks.

Quote:
The value is an experience of supreme peace, a calm and peaceful demeanor, no conflict experienced within or without, no fear, no stress, no reactionary mind. It's higher in the sense it is harmonious, compassionate, emphatic, non-judgmental etc. It's free of self caused suffering, an expansive pleasurable way to be.
Imo. this is like ‘connecting’ or staying in the simplicity of the primordial space – but the first stage.

From there the ‘connection’ - or the utter simplicity becomes more definite as we discover ‘energy’ - a kind of movement happening within the primordial 'space neutralness’ or 'vastness' before it moves into the 'phenomenal display' and the ways the (local - or relative reference point) mind in conceptual terms interprets it ....

Last edited by sentient : 28-01-2020 at 11:16 PM.
Old 29-01-2020, 06:26 AM
janielee

Quote:
So then close the book, let go of ideas, be here now as it is, experience the wonder of the moment and yourself, free of all the mental thinking stuff. But it all has value, even the getting lost in words in a certain way. The words can point to the wordless.

Sounds like mental gymnastics
Old 29-01-2020, 08:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Sounds like mental gymnastics

So then close the book, let go of ideas, be here now as it is, experience the wonder of the moment and yourself, free of all the mental thinking stuff. But it all has value, even the getting lost in words in a certain way. The words can point to the wordless.

All of the above seems contradictory... it's full of ideas and words .

I don't do gymnastics, waste of energy

I prefer simplicity.

Simple in actions and thoughts, you return to the source of being. Lao Tzu....
Old 29-01-2020, 05:11 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
it's full of ideas and words

What post isn't?
Old 29-01-2020, 05:31 PM
Master
Quote:
What post isn't?

Yes I do use words but I don't continue to Post about not using words etc

I can't communicate with most people without using words.

Traditionally Suttas start with “Thus I have heard”, you can't hear without words that are spoken
Old 29-01-2020, 06:37 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
I don't continue to Post about not using words etc

I can't communicate with most people without using words.
Traditionally Suttas start with “Thus I have heard”, you can't hear without words that are spoken

You just did.
Old 29-01-2020, 07:13 PM
Deactivated Account

Listen in the sense without any interference, without any interpretation, conclusion, like and dislike, you know all that takes place, what happens when I actually listen? Krishnamurti

https://jkrishnamurti.org/content/art-listening
Old 29-01-2020, 10:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Listen in the sense without any interference, without any interpretation, conclusion, like and dislike, you know all that takes place, what happens when I actually listen? Krishnamurti

The very first Aboriginal Elder I was fortunate to meet spoke in such a very quiet voice and with such deep respect that he was like a ‘hypnotist’, who made you very relaxed … and before you knew it you had shifted into silent non-dual communication with him.

That is what the absence of a dual wall does.

The High Lamas who visited Central Australia did not fail to recognize this, so they stressed it over and over again, that we should learn from these local Elders first and foremost:
https://www.creativespirits.info/abo...tening-dadirri

P.S. One of the things you didn’t mention in your list:
Quote:
The value is an experience of supreme peace, a calm and peaceful demeanor, no conflict experienced within or without, no fear, no stress, no reactionary mind. It's higher in the sense it is harmonious, compassionate, emphatic, non-judgmental etc. It's free of self caused suffering, an expansive pleasurable way to be.
Is that once one renunciates … one really starts to lose interest in comparing oneself to others …

Old 30-01-2020, 12:31 AM
Master
Quote:

(In answer to the question above)

I listen.