Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 13-11-2011, 01:50 AM
erdz_101

my girlfriend sleep talking/walking

Last night my girlfriend was sleep walking and talking, she told me stuff that was extremely bizarre, first of all she kept saying 'they want me to cross over, they want to come inside, but im not ready' I asked who? she replied 'i cant tell you, they wont let me, but i wont let them i promise' then i asked how many of them? she replied 5. She then started talking about her Nan who committed suicide years ago, my partner was saying her nan wanted her to crossover and wanted to get in contact with my her.
After putting my girlfriend back to bed, she then started sleep talking and literally looking through me whilst talking, she was saying 'your different, ive known you for a very long time, when you was different, we have always been together but you was someone else' this stuff was really freaking me out! I asked her who was i before how were we always together? she replied 'i cant tell you, you will have to find out for yourself' then she started saying 'your here to help me, your here to help me astral project and see my nan'

I find it extremely bizarre considering she isn't really spiritual and doesn't practice anything to do with it. Could what she was saying be true?
Old 13-11-2011, 02:30 AM
Master
When one is truly sleep talking/walking they are unable to hear or respond to questions.
This sounds like theatrics to me, sorry, no disrespect intended.
Old 13-11-2011, 02:58 AM
Master
erdz--

Could you help her project? I've never known some on other side to suggest it's time to go...especially for their own benefit. But the "I can't tell you" stuff makes sense, to me at least.

Weird.

IsleWalker -Lora
Old 13-11-2011, 07:58 AM
Master
Hi erdz_101,

I perceive from your post the word crossover is used in the context of communicating and travelling with spirit. Crossing over the veil, opening up communion.

'they want me to cross over, they want to come inside, but im not ready'

Also at a guess she is a natural channel for spirit, although she has expressed that she isn't ready, this is her choice!

She is open and needs to learn how to protect herself and set boundaries!

It's possible you have helped her with opening, without realising, from her saying you were meant to be in her life and were there to help her.

There may be lots of individual and family fears surrounding her Nan's suicide, be patient, let her follow her own path and make her own choices,,, Most importantly listen, it may be jaberwocky at first whilst she gets her head round it.

This is her path, you can only walk beside, you can care and support, yet you can't walk her path for her and if it isn't for her, respect this!

There's no wrong in your asking questions to help support yourself within her journey, after all, yours is also different

All the best, just keep caring as you do

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

Old 13-11-2011, 09:00 AM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygazer
When one is truly sleep talking/walking they are unable to hear or respond to questions.
This sounds like theatrics to me, sorry, no disrespect intended.

Really? That's not been my experience with my husband, who sleep walks and talks all the time.
Old 15-11-2011, 07:13 PM
hawkmoth65

My wife suffers with epilepsy and will experience what are termed 'absences'.She will talk nonsense sometimes but can also respond to questions if I put them to her.

Whether this is a spiritual or simply a biological phenomenon I don't know,but she's certainly not on my wavelength when this happens.Despite this,she can answer and indeed ask questions.
Old 15-11-2011, 08:26 PM
Experiencer

My husband has told me about conversations that we have when I talk in my sleep. He tells me that he has asked me to sit up or to move my arm, and I respond that I can't.
Old 15-11-2011, 11:27 PM
Master

My ex girlfriend was a light sleeper and would sleep talk occasionally. I had great fun with it! Thats how you gotta approach it. I remember one time she said semi loudly and clearly "take the snake off the bed!" I spoke softly in her ear and said I took it off the bed but didn't know where to put it and asked her to tell me where to put it and kept pressing her for an answer. I guess that constant prodding got her out of her dream state and she smiled realizing I was messing with her and she woke up and we both had a good laugh!
Old 16-11-2011, 02:27 AM
samanthanightly

I have to agree that it is absolutely possible to interact with someone whilst they are sleep walking/talking. I did it all last year with my best friend/roommate.

Have you talked to your girlfriend about it since?
Old 16-11-2011, 04:05 AM
CJ82Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
Really? That's not been my experience with my husband, who sleep walks and talks all the time.

i was going to say the same as friends have told me i've talked and walked in my sleep and had conversations with them that made no sense at all and i have no recollection of it whatsoever.