Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 13-10-2011, 02:51 PM
Beso

A very interesting topic.......I for one have "feelings" accompanied by "thoughts" of perhaps past lives, but nothing I can actually pinpoint or be certain of. As I am still skeptical (albeit becoming more persuaded), for my curious mind, an absolute knowing/proof, would probably be what it took to convince me. Any suggestions?
Old 17-10-2011, 12:08 PM
Experiencer
I love this topic. I understand what you're saying Maiya but I wouldn't know where to begin. I will share my past life regression though.

I have always been afraid to go out to sea. I don't mind the beach or harbor, but the open sea has always been a big no. Not interested in cruise ships at all.
During the regression one of the doors I walked through found me on a beach, I looked at what I was wearing, I was a man, all in white, barefoot. Then I was on a boat. There were bunks and two other men. One of them looked sad. I spoke to him. He told me he was sorry, that he threw me off the boat. That's how I drowned. Could this explain my fear of the sea?

What has always interested me was the medieval times, also ancient egypt. Ancient history was the only thing I really excelled in at school. My essays were written like I was actually there. Would love to know more about any past lives during these times.
Old 23-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Enola

I was told I was a gunslinger in my most preivious past life. Died of natural causes after I hung up my guns and moved to the NY area sometime in the 1800's. Um. Ok. I guess. Personally, I think the person that told me that is full of you know what.

Meanwhile, I am in agreement with the OP's comment that what you are interested in NOW is what you experienced BEFORE. Why else be drawn to something? That lure has to come from somewhere.
Old 23-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Maiya

Thanks folks for your input.

Some of you have made clearer my original intention.

I have never been regressed but I have an amazing affinity with what I can only describe as ‘religious’ things.

I’m not a religious person and yet I often ‘feel’ like a religious person.

Brought up in Glasgow in poverty and abuse, religion was the very last thing on my mind. And yet I sneaked off to Sunday school with a classmate, I was actually afraid to tell my parents.

There’s a family joke that when I was seven years old I told my mother that I wanted to be a nun. We were not Catholics but I seriously suspect that I may have been a catholic in another life.

For some unexplainable reason I can’t admit to these things. It’s like a secret connected to a fear of persecution. It’s like I belonged to some secret religious society in a past-life.

Today, I follow a very personal spiritual path. And I remain curious about past-lives.
Old 23-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Experiencer

Found out recently that I am from Medieval times. I was a trainer of birds, like eagles and hawks. However I wasn't treated as nicely as I felt I should have been. I still feel that way today which explains a lot of my problems in dealing with people.

Anyhow back in that lifetime I was killed, I think I was stoned to death. Found this out from an energy healer last week.
Old 23-10-2011, 01:51 PM
MMM

i know i had certain occupations in past lives
but a past live regression tends to fill in details and provide greater explanantion

and a regression will explain how to knew you in a past life
Old 23-10-2011, 04:05 PM
Bluegreen

Interesting subject. We are all curious about previous lives I think. I have not found someone who could regress me under hypnosis. Perhaps I will one of these days.

I feel I have been a monk and also a sailor.
Love ancient Egypt. India is not a country I want to visit.

Any truth in it? I don't know.
Old 23-10-2011, 08:40 PM
Enola

I hate desert. Not interested in china or asia countries. Facinated with ancient europe. Eras that I want to read about are anything from the 15th century to lat 17th century. I have a strange affinity to animals...or rather, they, me. Maybe I was a serf that farmed the land. Or an animal healer. Nothing scares me except maybe being enclosed. Maybe I died in a small place. who knows.

I just think nobody really needs someone else to tell them what previous life they had. All one has to do is look within yourself, write down your interests, places, things you are good at or unique at, what attracts you and what you attract and put the puzzle pieces together. It's not supposed to be easy. It's a learning process. which prepares you for the next lifetime.
Old 24-10-2011, 09:53 AM
Maiya

I agree. I think it is possible to get some idea of past-life events by paying particular attention to where you are now and what you feel drawn to in this life.

Reading books and watching movies, I think, gives us many clues. As does looking at the people and the places we are drawn to.

I feel strong emotional ties to witches and burnings, nuns and the inquisition, slavery and serfdom, poverty and hunger. And I have serious issues with authority.