Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 01-05-2013, 09:51 PM
Master
Don't go through life listening to everyone else, this can be a problem when you get a reading from a friend, they only project their own views onto you, go to someone who doesn't know you at all.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:51 PM
Master
Maybe it's a question of type of love you are seeking?

It sounds like you have his unconditional love - he see's you, really sees you and loves you for who and what you are. That type of love has no rules - it just IS.

Then there's earthly love - which comes with attachments and rules like: We have this or that type of relationship, we must live together, be together x amount of hours a day and be together at night, we will act this way or that way and laugh at each others jokes, you will have me and I will have you and we will have possession of each other, we will clear big discussion through each other, Etc.

Knowing what kind of love you truly need/want and are most appreciative for is very helpful.

It can be complicated and multi-ruled to completely accepting and transcending all other earthly agreements and everything in-between. The Unconditional version doesn't even require the other persons participation, it is pure love with no definition, requirements or contracts because it is a state of being independent of all other considerations, it has no end.

Know Thyself?....
Old 01-05-2013, 10:31 PM
soulful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trieah
Very true, we are the ones who are in control of our own lives. But, we are not in control of other people's lives, to assure that our personal desires of what we want to happen with them, is actually going to happen.

It's kind of a 50/50 chance that any information gleamed from the spirit world actually has truth to it or not, regardless of how accurate our ability to channel information is. And this entire situation is still a question mark toss up.

To be honest, I've actually looked back at my last relationship and regretted ever letting it get past the friendship stage. Oh sure, there was love to be had there at times, but we just weren't on the same page with what we were truly looking for. And it left me with nothing but huge holes in my heart, my soul, my life and my future. Not to mention that I lost the good friend I once had.

So yeah, I am a little leery of allowing myself to get back into another situation where the same thing could happen all over again. It's not so much that I'm afraid to even try jumping into another relationship again. It's more or less should I even try jumping into one with this guy whom I cherish his friendship, if there's a chance of damaging that friendship.

So, I'm just curious if you don't mind me asking.

Do you rely on a psychic so you can better discern your choices? If so, I would think the psychic can be wrong, no? And, if that's the case, I'd rather make my own mistakes. I don't think we are meant to be shielded from most of the mistakes in our life. That is where the greatest growth comes from and the biggest lessons learned. ;-)
Old 02-05-2013, 12:53 AM
escucharla

Life is about experiences. I can guarantee you will experience heartache at some point in your life and I can also guarantee that it will be a passing emotion. Full disclosure...This is not a psychic prediction. Just fact. If you wish to be with the guy despite what the psychic predicted, you should be free to do so even if she/he was right. Just enjoy the time that you have with the guy you fancy, it will leave you with memories and experiences that should be had during your youth to regale your grandchildren with in your old age.

I wish you all the best! Follow your heart!
Old 02-05-2013, 01:59 AM
Trieah

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulful
So, I'm just curious if you don't mind me asking.

Do you rely on a psychic so you can better discern your choices? If so, I would think the psychic can be wrong, no? And, if that's the case, I'd rather make my own mistakes. I don't think we are meant to be shielded from most of the mistakes in our life. That is where the greatest growth comes from and the biggest lessons learned. ;-)

There seems to be a lot of confusion on this situation. I didn't go to a psychic asking for advise on this matter. Both my friend and I do posses abilities to channel messages for people when asked.

On this particular occasion, we had just finished doing a beep meditation to contact and help the brutally murdered Uncle of her friend, since I'm heavily involved with soul rescuing. My friend has told me that when ever I personally do a guided meditation for us, instead of just listening to a recording, that she's always been able to get a much stronger connection with the spirit world. And it was after we were finished with the soul rescue that she told me she was getting a message for me.

We have always shared the messages we would get for each other, when we asked if there were any message, it's just that usually we just keep things to ourselves until asked. But this particular time, she said her connection was so strong after the meditation, that now would be a good time to ask her any questions I had. I told her that I didn't have any questions. But she didn't acknowledge that, and told me the message she was picking up anyway. I don't believe she meant any wrong doing, but it did turn out rather messily.

While you do bring up a valid point of not shielding ourselves from making mistakes in our lives for the sake of personal growth. I'm fairly certain that I've already had more then my share of personal growth spurts in the last 40 years or so, that it's safe to say that it would be a very welcomed change to not have to fight so hard to survive through really really bad situations in life anymore

What was it that Danny Glover's character from "Lethal Weapon" always used to say? Oh yeah. . . , "I'm getting too old <snip>"

edited by SF staff

Last edited by in progress : 07-05-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:25 AM
Trieah

Quote:
Originally Posted by escucharla
Life is about experiences. I can guarantee you will experience heartache at some point in your life and I can also guarantee that it will be a passing emotion.

Oh, I'm pretty certain I've experienced some form of heartache in just about every step of my entire life Starting with fairly severe child abuse, and even molestation.

Heartache is nothing new to me Learning how to overcome all the odds stacked against you and come out on top, is nothing new to me. Growing past all the pain life sometimes offers, and learning to love yourself and forgive others, is nothing new to me. Trying to just survive within extreme situations, is nothing new to me. Sure, I'm a much stronger and wiser woman (me??? smart???? bawhahahah) then I was growing up. But sometimes, I just want to catch a break and have things not be such a challenge to have to overcome.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:58 AM
jaydonc

This is all about the possibilities if some spirit channeled it from you then you should be thinking that there are some possibilities between you guys.
Old 19-06-2013, 08:41 PM
WorldClass

I know this and have experience with this. Follow your instincts. Follow that path and see where you end up. Your evolution is more important than anything else. Either that situation will work out, or you will have prepared yourself for something else to work out.
Old 28-06-2013, 06:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trieah
If someone gave you a message that they channeled from a spirit, and that message was that the person you were really really excited about the possibility of winding up in a relationship with, was never going to happen because all the two of you were ever destined to be, were just very close bonded friends.

Would you listen to that message and just give up any hope of there ever being something more?

Or would you hold on to your hope of maybe it really could work if the feelings were there for both parties?

I ask, because that's exactly what happened to me a few weeks back. And while my friend who gave the message also said that the guy who I'm so crazy about, actually does/will feel the same way about me as I do about him, he will never act upon it.

I just don't get why if we'll both feel the same way about each other, why can't it be more then just very close bonded friends?

Always remember this , no one can define the future .
If i told you your not capable , please don't believe me .
Old 28-06-2013, 07:04 AM
seahorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Don't go through life listening to everyone else, this can be a problem when you get a reading from a friend, they only project their own views onto you, go to someone who doesn't know you at all.
Or don't go to anyone at all, sit and have a decent talk with yourself, and at long last make a decision and accept full responsibility for it. That's a big part of maturity in my mind...why do we really need Guides and readings etc etc...maybe to give someone else the responsibility for a wrong choice ?