Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 10-05-2013, 07:58 AM
AdAstra

Being friendzoned

But she wants to give it time and see where it goes. I'm just curious if this sounds like a dead end road?... Or how to get out of the friend zone? Any stories that worked out from this point? Thank you.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:54 AM
Pathfinder
There's no such thing as friend-zone. You're either friends or you're not.
What she means is that she's not very sure how much she's interested in you; she might like you as a person, but not be very attracted to you, she might have doubts whether a romantic relationship would work out between the two of you or she may not want to start anything serious right now. It's definitely not a dead-end road, since she said to give it time and see where is goes. But this is also a bit of a warning for you, not to get too easily attached, since it might not work out. At this point, you're a "definite maybe". And there's nothing you can due but relax, take it easy, be yourself and see if you're a good match to each other.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:59 PM
sguinn27

Disagree

There is such a thing as being friend-zoned. Many times, the lets just see where it goes give the person an "out". I am there right now. I was "just seeing where things went" for 10 months and when I finally realized I was in love with the person I was "friend-zoned". It turns out the seeing where it went was only a way that the person could spend time with me without having to commit to a full on relationship. I wish you luck, perhaps your ending will be happier than mine.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:57 PM
Nada

Ok,
The outcome and the reason for "friend zoned" really depend on the individual and on each situation.

When I was dating as a "mature" adult, I usually considered all my dates as a potential relationship mate and placed them as friends first.
The reason is that the friendship is really the foundation of any long term romantic relationship. Romance comes and goes throughout the relationship duration. However the underlying friendship keeps the bond together.

When I met my husband, I did not even considered him as a potential relationship mate because I just did not sense anything more than friendship with him. I told him on our very first date that I just wanted us to be friends only.
He said OK.

But the fate has its own plan.
I was showing my home for sale at the time and we both decided that it was not safe for me to show the home by myself.
He volunteered to be with me during each open house event.
I got to know him more during those many hours.
6 months of being just friends, I decided to date him again and he said OK.
He was just very agreeable with whatever I wanted.

Anyway, one and 1/2 years later, we were married. We have been married for 5 1/2 years now.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:23 PM
stephanie79

This is interesting.
I am in a bit of a sad situation at the moment just because long distance is mussling in - I know we're meant to be together and we've had talks about it but we just gotta drop attachment, ego and expectation for it to work...
I believe if it's meant to be it will be :)
Old 10-05-2013, 04:54 PM
AdAstra

Thx guys I guess I just wait and see. Lol. If not, hey I made a new friend.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:57 PM
AdAstra

Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corina
There's no such thing as friend-zone. You're either friends or you're not.
What she means is that she's not very sure how much she's interested in you; she might like you as a person, but not be very attracted to you, she might have doubts whether a romantic relationship would work out between the two of you or she may not want to start anything serious right now. It's definitely not a dead-end road, since she said to give it time and see where is goes. But this is also a bit of a warning for you, not to get too easily attached, since it might not work out. At this point, you're a "definite maybe". And there's nothing you can due but relax, take it easy, be yourself and see if you're a good match to each other.
Yeah this rings true with me.. She was interested in beginning before we had some misunderstandings and she said she's not sure if we could work it out as we weren't communicating very well and reached a impasse somewhat. She's a really fragile person, and I'm new, so yeah. I just want the best for her and I both.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:12 PM
LadyImpreza1111

I've been there many, many times. My advice to you is to move on. If you value her as a friend, then you will accept and respect her choice without trying to change the outcome because if you are still trying to get out of the friend zone, then it doesn't quite seem like you do.

She might change her mind later. Some guys who put me in the friend zone ended up wanting to change their mind later and I couldn't even imagine why I had feelings for them in the first place.........but thats just my situation. So move on, see what else is out there, and try to live your life without expectations.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:39 PM
KarmaYoga

As a man, you must take the advice from women with a grain of salt. While they have your best intentions at heart, the female perspective is different than the male perspective.

Be honest with yourself. If you have been put in the "friend zone" then she simply does not find you sexually attractive (at the moment). Could this change? Yes, absolutely! See Nada's post above. Will the situation change? Coming from a realist perspective, maybe, but probably not. A whole series of books can (and have) been written on how to become more sexually attractive.

My advice is to learn to develop sexual polarity between your natural masculine (yang) and feminine (yin) energy. The easiest way I have found is through Natural Grounding.

Since I am unable to post links to posts until I have 15 posts, Google "natural grounding" and see what you find.