Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 13-05-2006, 02:13 AM
RLF

Just a Reminder...

As Christians, we sometimes can feel as though we are "getting it from all sides", as though nothing can go right, etc.. It is in these times that we should remind each other of the prinicpals of Spiritual warfare, especially in this day and age we live in. The Armor of God in Ephesians 6, (verses 10-17) and the reason why we need it cannot be over emphasized enough; ( "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.") Ever feel like you have went through the spiritual grinding mill? Your not alone, ( " that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselfs are comforted by God." ) Your just in training for the "big one"...Pray for each other.......

http://www.holycentral.com/
Old 13-05-2006, 02:28 PM
dreamer

Hi RLF,

is it possible for our holy spirit to be killed in this holy war. Is the armor of God not just a knowledge that our true Self is eternal. Enyoy the fight my friend, 1 hopes you have a nice day for battle. Let the new commandment be forgotten for one day while you do unto others what you definately don't want done unto yourself.

Good luck with the war on "wickedness" christian soldier, fight the good fight with all your might. As Jesus himself the original self proclaimed soldier, who spent his life talking of such battles, wars and other warrior like analogies would have said - go and kill anyone who does not agree with me, for they are evil and God hates them.

Report back to Holy Central and tell them they're funny and well done from dreamer.
Old 13-05-2006, 05:45 PM
Creator

Did somebody mention fighting, killing, and war in the name of peace. That sounds like the God for me. Onward Christian soldier. That
Old 13-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Glorymist

RLF - -

All outer battles - - Christian / religious / political / male verses female / etc. - - all outer battles - - just allow the individual to get so caught up in something outside themselves that they then do not look to the inner battle - - where the true "enemy" lies. WE - - are the enemy - - and the enemy is ourselves. Each individual. Not one against the other - - for whatever cause. Us - - against ourselves.

And the extent to which the outer battles are brought to our attention via the media or the individual is the extent to which various forces wish to hold our attention to those said outer battles. Total immersion.

Now - - if you take to real "side" - - Christian / political / or otherwise - - who is "winning" ??
Old 09-01-2007, 08:50 AM
traveller

I'm hoping the folks here show as much tolerance and acceptance of Christians (of any stripe) as they do for those who have faith in other belief systems.

RLF - Although I am no longer a Christian, I understand what you mean concerning spiritual (not temporal, as it has been misinterpreted here) warfare. I ask that you not let those who may twist your meaning discourage you or prevent you from sharing what you believe.

You should understand that many of the folks who have left behind Christianity for what is popularly called "New Age" beliefs are kind of like ex-smokers or ex-drinkers. They find those who "still have the habit" rather dicomforting to be around.

I do not share their discomfort, and I wish you well on your Journey.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:03 AM
dreamer

I apologise for my ealier misguided post on this thread...

Last edited by dreamer : 09-01-2007 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:48 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:

You should understand that many of the folks who have left behind Christianity for what is popularly called "New Age" beliefs are kind of like ex-smokers or ex-drinkers. They find those who "still have the habit" rather dicomforting to be around.

Though it may be "popularly called "New Age" beliefs", it is more properly called "Clarity".. As a former Bible school teacher in a reformist Christian congregation, i have experienced this issue from both sides and am shamed by my own involvement in the indoctrination of youth.. yes, indoctrination! Rather than teaching our children what to think, we should be teaching them "how" to think.. then, the truth can reveal itself... It is not "discomforting" to be around Christians, until the begin the inane "let me save you" routine.. when that begins, i assume they are practicing the "Golden Rule" and as such expect me to inundate them with my own beliefs, as well.. you get what you give..

We each climb the same mountain, different paths~same mountain.. i am reminded of the Chinese story where several travelers are journeying up a mountain and all but one are astride magnificent horses, he is astride a beligerent mule, noisy and cantankerous.. many hours later after much ridicule they reach their destination, a high mountain pass.. as they stopped and marveled at the view no one noticed that the mule rider, regardless of the ridicule, was there, too.. quietly marveling with the others.. once you see the view from the top, how you got there is irrelevant..

Christian Soldiers, Islamic Jihadists, spiritual warriors.. the point, missed...

Be Well..
Old 09-01-2007, 02:11 PM
dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Though it may be "popularly called "New Age" beliefs", it is more properly called "Clarity".. As a former Bible school teacher in a reformist Christian congregation, i have experienced this issue from both sides and am shamed by my own involvement in the indoctrination of youth.. yes, indoctrination! Rather than teaching our children what to think, we should be teaching them "how" to think.. then, the truth can reveal itself... It is not "discomforting" to be around Christians, until the begin the inane "let me save you" routine.. when that begins, i assume they are practicing the "Golden Rule" and as such expect me to inundate them with my own beliefs, as well.. you get what you give..

We each climb the same mountain, different paths~same mountain.. i am reminded of the Chinese story where several travelers are journeying up a mountain and all but one are astride magnificent horses, he is astride a beligerent mule, noisy and cantankerous.. many hours later after much ridicule they reach their destination, a high mountain pass.. as they stopped and marveled at the view no one noticed that the mule rider, regardless of the ridicule, was there, too.. quietly marveling with the others.. once you see the view from the top, how you got there is irrelevant..

Christian Soldiers, Islamic Jihadists, spiritual warriors.. the point, missed...

Be Well..

Hey Tzu,

not so much the point missed as the point not gotten yet I feel, everyone will get it when the One gets it, the One cannot fail to get it cos the One is it - how could it not be so??
Old 10-01-2007, 03:00 AM
traveller

If we hold to the formula that New Age beliefs = clarity, while Christian beliefs = inanity, then how exactly does our attitude differ from some fundamentalist Christians who believe the opposite?

I recently visited a forum, somewhat like this one, where all types of beliefs were discussed in (more or less) a calm and reasonable manner - except for certain Christian beliefs. Apparently, it was okay for a Neo-Druid or a Wiccan to post about how their religions were the "only ones which made any sense", and how those who did not share those beliefs were "obviously not spiritual enough" to appreciate the fact. However, when a Christian made the same type of statements, he was accused of being "judgmental", "preachy", "arrogant" and so forth. Eventually, the Christian was banned from the forum altogether.

If we cannot tolerate and accept - and even love - those who may have no qualms about telling us that we are "lost" or "on our way to hell", then what does this say about our beliefs? If our beliefs cannot sustain us when confronted by those who disagree, or who may even judge us harshly, then what good are they?

Just because I am no longer a Christian doesn
Old 10-01-2007, 02:32 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:

If we hold to the formula that New Age beliefs = clarity, while Christian beliefs = inanity, then how exactly does our attitude differ from some fundamentalist Christians who believe the opposite?

Point well taken.. but, for me, it is not an issue of Christianity in and of itself.. it is an issue of "Ritual".. I sense that Religions are merely various cultural interpretations of simple spiritual awareness.. where the individual is aware, at some level, that they are part of a greater whole.. that "Greater Whole" has been named many things by many cultures, "God", Tao, Allah, The Great Spirit, and many other deities.. these are cultural identities assigned to inherent knowledge, knowledge that defies description.. kind of like my own situation where i don't understand everything i "know".. Various cultures assign identities to their deities that conform to their self-perception.. but, these are abstractions of a simpler truth..

Of interest, to me, is the notions that Christianity brings to the interpretation, the notion that Jesus is a Savior, giving his life for our "sins".. of all the religions, Christianity has crafted a "get out of jail free" card.. it carefully details all the "sins", describes the hellish punishment for committing the sins.. then, describes the ritual necessary to be "forgiven" so as to avoid responsibility for your deeds.. nifty bit of insight, especially considering the 10% fee attached to the forgiveness.. it is notable that Christianity, based on its documentation, finds ample grounds for horrific violence, read the Old Testament, consider the crusades or the inquisitions.. there is a deep and troubling inconsistency between "thou shall not kill" and a detailing of when killing is sanctioned or an intervention on behalf of the "chosen people" where "God" guides the wars, even through deception.. Another of Christianity's unique attributes is its exclusionary policy, where unless you adopt their version of spiritual awareness you spend eternity in a most unpleasant situation.. another troubling aspect is the continual insistence that there are those that are ordained to tell us what the words we read "really mean", the hierarchy interprets the written "Word of God" for us poor folks that can't figure it out for ourselves..

I sense that, if there were a "God-like" identity, it would be much less cryptic than as presented by the Bible and the "rules" would be very simple.. i do not intend to bash Christianity, i intend to inspire critical thought regarding all rituals that insist they are "The Only Way".. I do not assert that "Christian beliefs = inanity", i do assert that there is lack critical thought regarding plausibility, an abdication of self-responsibility.. i never cease to be amazed whenever i hear someone someone say "it's part of God's plan" or "God's will".. they'll say it about death and destruction as well as feast and good fortune.. do you suppose that "God" has a lesson for us when it sets a Tsunami loose to kill a quarter of a million people.. i guess that sort of highlights President Bush's war plans and his affinity for things religious.. i cannot accept that a rational mind accepts the notion that the injustices and horrors evident on this planet are somehow a divine plan, that starving children serve a higher purpose.. that is an easy way to relinquish our responsibility to fix the problems...

I ak people to examine their beliefs without the prejudices imposed upon them by their mentors, their families, the clergy, the guru, the philosophers, etc.. i ask people to evaluate the natural order of things, nature unfolds in magnificent display of "random order", sponatneous and self-perpetuating.. Nature has its own "way", no contrived rituals, no eternal damnations, no admonishments of faith.. cats do what cats do, birds do what birds do, and... humanity tries to bend nature to its will with little attention to the consequences (i.e.: global warming, polution, etc...).. i am amazed how humans can take a creature blessed with the gift of flight (birds) and put them in cages for their amusement, how contrary to a natural "way" is that!?

Nature points to one principle that we tend to overlook.. the simplest answer is usually the most reliable.. it seems to be a human trait to so complicate things as to completely disguise its inherent simplicity.. and, by experience and observation, Christianity, together with most other religions, are purveyors of deceptive complexities.. interfering with our inherent right to have a direct relationship with the Source of ALL things, whatever you prefer to label it..

Be well..
Closed Thread