Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 29-11-2015, 11:31 PM
Newbie ;)

Fish How do you know if you are a psychic or a medium?

Many paranormal, visions, electromagnetism(?), heightened intuition and premonitions have been occurring to me (thru me?) lately. More so in this past year than in my past 56 years. I've taken up tarot, with great success, to try consolidating information or experiences.

I'm just learning about how real this all is but I don't know how to determine if I'm just tuned in intuitively , psychic or a medium.

Would I need to consult someone knowledgable and tell my experiences?
Athena
Old 29-11-2015, 11:42 PM
Experiencer
You are making it far more complicated than it need be. Mediumship, psychic intuition, etc are just names that people have attached to an idea all humans are capable of.

In the last year - for whatever reason - you simply allowed your mind to open in ways that you would not allow in the previous 55 years of your life. This does not require a head nod from another who is "knowledgeable" to confirm. It sounds to me like you already know the truth and this particular truth does not require confirmation from another. All you have to do is believe in yourself and have confidence in your conviction.

Congratulations and good luck

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung
Old 30-11-2015, 01:25 AM
Ascender

From what I understand, a medium is someone who is able to connect with spirit and those who have passed, where as a psychic can sense things that have happened or have yet to happen. I think both use the same forms of getting the information, whether it be clairvoyance, clairaudience and so on. Everyone has intuition, but some are definitely more 'tuned in' than others. I'm also just starting to develop these things, so please, correct me if I'm wrong on any of these thoughts!

A
Old 30-11-2015, 05:55 AM
Master
All I know, is that there's no way of not knowing when it happens. There's no question about it.
Old 30-11-2015, 02:54 PM
Master
All mediums are psychic. And not all psychics are medium. It is also said everyone is a psychic on some level. Some are just more in tuned to it in life. And for some it comes more easy than it does for others. Much like any gift.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:03 PM
Newbie ;)

There are many ways that a psychic or a medium can "tune into" information that is being transmitted on a vibratory level. Every human being has the capacity to awaken to either their clairsentience (to empathically pick up on and feel in your emotional and physical body), clairvoyance (to see in your mind's eye), or clairaudience (to hear in the mind). You can even tune your mind/body frequency to become a channel for angelic or high vibrational et groups.

Yes, these gifts come easier to some people who do not have as much trauma and programming to work through to access their gifts but anyone can develop these skills by becoming more aware of what the mind/body is capable of experiencing when in balance with the higher mind and spiritual realms.

I would look up these people on YouTube to better understand the inner transformation you are going through.

Krista Raisa, James Van Praagh, David Wilcock, and Arcturus Ra.

The number one thing everyone can do to develop their spiritual adeptness is to meditate on positive uplifting thoughts. Do that for 15 minutes a day, preferably first thing when you wake up or right before sleep when your mind is calm and clear. Write down your dreams and visions.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:56 PM
Administrator
All mediums are psychic but not all psychics are mediums

Namaste
Old 06-12-2015, 08:31 PM
Newbie ;)

Hunter, Thanks for the youtube suggestion. I am curious about how a scene can "roll" before me without me even trying for it or meditating. Being able to controlling the experience would be better I think.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:30 PM
Master
I think all these labels are only important for people doing it professionally and protecting their territory. Intuition is intuition. A rose by any other name still smells as sweet.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena
Many paranormal, visions, electromagnetism(?), heightened intuition and premonitions have been occurring to me (thru me?) lately. More so in this past year than in my past 56 years. I've taken up tarot, with great success, to try consolidating information or experiences.

I'm just learning about how real this all is but I don't know how to determine if I'm just tuned in intuitively , psychic or a medium.

Would I need to consult someone knowledgable and tell my experiences?
Athena

Hi,

When you learn to trust your intuitive insights enough to put those inclinations into practice, then the validations your logical brain requires will be experienced.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/