Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 03-05-2015, 06:08 PM
Ravenspirit

Honestly, I Don't Like This...

The whole concept of Star Children, Indigo Children, etc it just seems so elitist to me. I've read the books. I don't think I like it. It seems like it's just yet another way for some people to claim themselves or their children to be superior in some way. Why is it some human beings always have to be "chosen" in some way? If it's not via religion than it's via superior genetics or whatever. I like to think we're all gifted, all special in some way but equal in our creator's eyes. I really don't like to think that anyone is "chosen" particularly by what made us. It just seems so wrong to me that "God" would choose like that. Obviously I'm not a monotheist... :P
Old 04-05-2015, 12:48 AM
Suspended
I think it depends how you use the term. It's not elitist if it's a way to explain to a child why they feel so different. Life is difficult to indigo kids. They have to deal with a world made of 80% ignorance and fear. Some people probably use these labels as an ego trip but that's part of life, it doesn't mean we should abandon labels - it means we should encourage those people to work on self awareness so that labels can be viewed and treated differently.

The definition of an Indigo child helped me because it explained why I don't function in the normal world. Without that I'd still be blaming myself for being dysfunctional and stupid and I'd be no use to other Indigo's who might come my way, looking for help.

We certainly are equal in our creators eyes - but we're not the same. Variety is the spice of life, as they say.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:36 AM
Suspended
Well, there's people who remember living on other planets and there's some kids who are born with more awareness then others, there still all equal. Like Holly said the labels can sometimes help people to better understand themselves and find people who can relate, thats all these labels should be used for.
Old 04-05-2015, 03:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenspirit
The whole concept of Star Children, Indigo Children, etc it just seems so elitist to me. I've read the books. I don't think I like it. It seems like it's just yet another way for some people to claim themselves or their children to be superior in some way. Why is it some human beings always have to be "chosen" in some way? If it's not via religion than it's via superior genetics or whatever. I like to think we're all gifted, all special in some way but equal in our creator's eyes. I really don't like to think that anyone is "chosen" particularly by what made us. It just seems so wrong to me that "God" would choose like that. Obviously I'm not a monotheist... :P

Hello,

I can appreciate your awareness on this matter. Each of us is indeed eternally divine and equal to every other expression of God.

Yet some of us are awakening to a "grander purpose". We then tend to label and then classify those aspirations. In these examples there is often a focus or a truth which kind of captures a person's attention. They have a sense of mission which is divinely inspired that will not easily be ignored.

Now every human has the ability in this new energy to become more effective as a human expression of their divine essence. Those that aspire to become authentically masterful are the true elites in our culture. The motivation for this is not recognition but effectiveness. You recognize a master by their humility, peace of mind, and confidence.

The true master teaches that all of us are masters. They demonstrate equality by their actions and their respect for all ways of being.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 05-05-2015, 11:20 AM
Cheesus Toast

I have noticed the Wikipedia page on this is, what I would describe as damning! I think I will start this as a separate thread actually - it just seemed appropriate.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:47 AM
Deactivated Account

I tend to think that some who find things 'elitist' are actually externalisng their own feelings of self unworthyness or inferiority.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Storm
I tend to think that some who find things 'elitist' are actually externalisng their own feelings of self unworthyness or inferiority.

that makes sense, nevertheless, the op makes a good point also. It is good to be aware of the spin added to these materials, and not succumb to these silly labels.

Advertising insiders use labels all the time;The millennium generation, baby boomers, etc. but we don't go around defining ourselves as such.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:02 AM
Deactivated Account

Is an adult more superior than a kid for being an adult?

No, they are just an adult. There's nothing more to it than that.

It's the same with indigos and starseeds who incarnate here.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:03 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Storm

This is true, very much so.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:54 PM
Ravenspirit

Some people might, but that's not where I am coming from. It's just an observation but lately I've seen this trend towards labeling various people "special" all the time that I can't like much. I think it leads to a lot of kids feeling stressed or worse yet having a sense of entitlement that might not be all that healthy. I see it a lot with younger parents. So many little kids being pushed to excel all the time.They have to be "special" in one way or another and if they don't show some signs of being really gifted at something then the parents feel anxiety. When I was a kid we had after school stuff but we didn't have a date book full of scheduled activities. There weren't waiting lines to get into the "right" pre-school. Kids had time to be kids, to think, to dream, to play and they didn't have to measure up to someone's preconceived ideals or standards all the time. I think labeling kids "indigo children" and such that's putting a lot of pressure on kids that might not be all that good for them. Growing up thinking of yourself as "other" is a very weird and difficult thing.I realize this is done to make them feel more a part of something but I have to wonder if it doesn't lead to doing the exact opposite.