Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 19-01-2012, 01:29 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousSnowflake
"It's not that I condone fascism, or any -ism for that matter. -Isms in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself."

-Ferris Buehler.

CS

It don't make him right and it isn't relevant to this forum or topic.....

And I like to speak for myself - not use the words of others.
Old 19-01-2012, 01:43 AM
Master
Existence is the only proof you need, you know we are here, you know we die and other bodies are born, we know that universes come and go also, so we know there is more to the world than matter that makes all these things known to us. behind all this is pure Essence, pure Consciousness, out of this Consciousness everything arises and disappears back into it, that is all you need to know, the rest is guessing.
Old 19-01-2012, 03:02 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Existence is the only proof you need, you know we are here, you know we die and other bodies are born, we know that universes come and go also, so we know there is more to the world than matter that makes all these things known to us. behind all this is pure Essence, pure Consciousness, out of this Consciousness everything arises and disappears back into it, that is all you need to know, the rest is guessing.

"....and disappears back into it, that is all you need to know,"

Ah my dear psycho friend.... Maybe it's all you need to know but no-one may speak for others on such matters.
Old 19-01-2012, 03:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
"....and disappears back into it, that is all you need to know,"

Ah my dear psycho friend.... Maybe it's all you need to know but no-one may speak for others on such matters.
I don't need to know anything more, all the rest to me is just games, called spiritual practice, if that's what you want to play with then that's up to you, I'm not taking anything away from you.
Old 19-01-2012, 05:08 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I don't need to know anything more, all the rest to me is just games, called spiritual practice, if that's what you want to play with then that's up to you, I'm not taking anything away from you.

Indeed you're not taking anything away - you couldn't if you tried!

To you, quote: "...all the rest" may well appear to be games that you call spiritual practice. Early learning can also appear as games to young children. I well remember the horror I felt when our young daughter used to return home telling us of the 'games' she'd been playing in school. Only later when I became an educator did I understand, and then teach, those same 'games', building blocks for the kids' overall education.

So although you see 'play', perhaps it's best not to dismiss or discount too readily - even for yourself.
Old 19-01-2012, 09:15 AM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I hope you're right. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Modern Spiritualist but without any unrealistic notions about its present-day role....

But I have still to be convinced there are "new pioneers" waiting in the wings - I just hope that it's so....

So do I,Mac.

Awaiting the next step up for forward motion in the subject of spiritualism.
Old 19-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Indeed you're not taking anything away - you couldn't if you tried!

To you, quote: "...all the rest" may well appear to be games that you call spiritual practice. Early learning can also appear as games to young children. I well remember the horror I felt when our young daughter used to return home telling us of the 'games' she'd been playing in school. Only later when I became an educator did I understand, and then teach, those same 'games', building blocks for the kids' overall education.

So although you see 'play', perhaps it's best not to dismiss or discount too readily - even for yourself.
There your games not mine, I have no use for them, happy playing, yea yea.
Old 19-01-2012, 10:04 AM
glenos

The power is building and building Joanie. There IS something coming. Slowly, slowly, catchee monkey.

G
Old 19-01-2012, 10:31 AM
MMM

there are some great spiritualists out there now
there are great physical mediums, healers and mental mediums
there are fine ministers as well but there'll never be another emma britten or gordon higginson...
Old 19-01-2012, 01:09 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
The power is building and building Joanie. There IS something coming. Slowly, slowly, catchee monkey.

G

You feel it too,G?